Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: American Idol

I watched the show where they were telling people whether they got into the top 24 or not...and I was mad that they didn't take that nice woman. It was her 3rd time trying and she has such a great voice...I just don't understand why they won't pass her through...it's weird.

I really like Ellen on there so far though, I think she makes the place a much happier atmosphere

I didn't get to watch the last show, but I want to watch the rest...what days is the show on?

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Tonight is "results night" for the both the women and the men.

I'd check Fox.com for next week's schedule ... I rely on my DVR recording it whenever it is on!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Tonight is "results night" for the both the women and the men.

I'd check Fox.com for next week's schedule ... I rely on my DVR recording it whenever it is on!
    Oh wow, I love those DVR thingys, we don't have one yet, but the parents I live with have one and it is so neat how you can record your shows like that. They are definately convenient

Thanks for letting me know, I will be watching them tonight!

Kalei

Well have you all been seening our local boy Casey James?? Casey is from Cool Tx inwhich is about 5 miles from MW.. Its a very very small town.. Casey James is doing real good.. He is in the top 24..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I pretty much saw all the women and men sing the last two nights.
    3 or 4 of the women were pretty bad. Most of the men, either their nerves got to them or they made really bad song choices, but there were only 4 I enjoyed to any extent.

I'm terrible and remember who sang what, and don't know a lot of the songs they choose....and I'm also terrible at remembering who is who until they get whittled down to the top 12.

I like the girl who plays the harmonica and guitar, she sang a Melissa Ethridge song. I also thought Simon was too hard on, I think it was the last girl who sang...I thought she sounded pretty good. The girl who sang the Heart song, and the one who sang Landslide, they were pretty awful, IMO.
    I like the "Jim Morrison wannabe" but he needs to bring his OWN personality into things. The '?' Lynche guy was good as was the blond surfer-dude-looking guy and the last guy.

I will get more interested in this when it's down to the top 12.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Did anybody watch this week? Some of the "top 24" I found much less impressive this go 'round.
    I couldn't agree more. Where are the good singers in this group? I could count them on less than one hand.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Well have you all been seening our local boy Casey James?? Casey is from Cool Tx inwhich is about 5 miles from MW.. Its a very very small town.. Casey James is doing real good.. He is in the top 24..
    That's neat that he's so near you! He did a pretty good job last night, better than many of the others.

And the girl with the harmonica- that's Crystal Bowersox, and I thought she did a great job. And I also thought that the woman who sang "Landslide" killed a perfectly nice song.
    I've Been Frosted

I've been able to get home in time to watch it. This year I agree with Simon in that the women seem like they have better singers than the men so a woman should win this year. I liked Crystal Bowersox but I thought she sang a song by Alanis Morissette. I also liked Siobhan Magnus who sang the Chris Issak song "Wicked Game." I ended up voting for both of them.

I thought that most of the men weren't very good at all. My favorite was Casey James. Although he's very handsome,he's also very talented and I voted for him. I also think that Andrew Garcia is very talented but I didn't care for the song that he chose to do on Wed. night. I loved his "Straight Up" performance during Hollywood week though.

I thought that Lacey Brown who sang "Landslide" should've gone home. She was horrible. I also thought that Haeley Vaughn who sang the Beatles song "I Want To Hold Your Hand" should've also gone home. There were so many bad songs that the men sang that it was hard for me to pick only 2 of them. Hopefully everyone will improve next week.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I watched American Idol last night for the first time in my life. I guess I thought they would be better. Haven't seen the guys yet, but from what I hear, they are pretty bad. I hope everyone gets better from week to week.

I watched because Lilly Scott is the daughter of my co-worker Greg. He said she was a wild child and would disappear for days until they could track her down. He said he's praying she makes the top 10 'cuz she needs a job.

So, I guess I'll be voting for Lilly (or Feathers as some of us call her because of her earrings).
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Is John Park still in? He went to my school and graduated a year before me.

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    Is John Park still in? He went to my school and graduated a year before me.
    Wow, that's really cool! I like the asian guy on there, he is such a good singer! Plus my fiance is asian so I tend to notice them right away and he is a great singer!

Kalei

If it was on tonight, I missed the show Is there another way to see it? What happened on it tonight?

Kalei

Quote Originally Posted by Kalei View Post
    If it was on tonight, I missed the show Is there another way to see it? What happened on it tonight?
    Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the show yet, don't scroll down!

Sadly, John Park and Jermaine (the church singer guy with the bow tie) were eliminated. Jermaine's version of the song was so bad I DVR-skipped over his singing of it tonight after the first several seconds.

For the women, the lovely Haeley - the African American teenager with the big flower in her hair, and Michelle Delamour of the beautiful looks but just okay performance also went home. Haeley's elimination was particularly heart-wrenching, and she barely made it through her "performance" as you could still see the tear tracks down her face, and in her voice, poor kid.
    I've Been Frosted

Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the show yet, don't scroll down!

Sadly, John Park and Jermaine (the church singer guy with the bow tie) were eliminated. Jermaine's version of the song was so bad I DVR-skipped over his singing of it tonight after the first several seconds.

For the women, the lovely Haeley - the African American teenager with the big flower in her hair, and Michelle Delamour of the beautiful looks but just okay performance also went home. Haeley's elimination was particularly heart-wrenching, and she barely made it through her "performance" as you could still see the tear tracks down her face, and in her voice, poor kid.
    Thanks very much Karen. I just went on google to watch some of their performances.

Kalei

Aw that's too bad.

Niņo & Eliza