Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not just one, but two new furkids!

They are adorable!

Seeing Chocolate in the exercise ball reminded me of when we had Nibbles, our first hamster. She would bomb around in that thing!

That is so great that they are tame already. Your kids must be so excited!

Originally posted by Krystal12345
    Hi. I want to ask everyone a question that anyone can answer. I may be getting a parakeet for christmas, but there is one down side. I'm going on vacation next year, and we don't know where to put my guinea pig or who to take care of it. Cause I have a guinea pig, too. And if I get a bird, we won't have any one to take care of it, either. So, here's my question: Does anyone know of any animal borders or kennals where people will take care of your pets..... just like dog kennals where people will take care of your dog? In MAINE. PLEASE respond. Thanks.

Krystal12345
    Krystal, I think you should start a new thread in Pet General or General asking this question, more people will see it that way and you should get more replys.
    I would recommend finding a friend or neighbor who can come to your house to care for your pets if possible, that is what I do.
    You could also ask your local vet if they know of any pet sitters in your area.
    Also how long do you plan to go on vacation? The longer you are away the more it will cost.
    Good luck!

Thank you for all the nice comments everyone!

Logan, I think your kids would love to have a little critter around but make sure they are in a room that Butter boy can't get into when you are not looking!

Cali, Scribbles is so cute! I love his markings! Is he the one that recently escaped? I thought I saw a thread about him recently.
    Both Chocolate and Brownie think he is cute!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Cali, Scribbles is so cute! I love his markings! Is he the one that recently escaped? I thought I saw a thread about him recently.
    yes he is the one that escaped, the resent post was the one about catching him, I got him back recently(I took that picture right after I got him back home)

anyway doodles wants to pop in a say hi to the new commers as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cali; 11-12-2003 at 12:11 PM.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Well, Vermontcat, I would ask someone to in my neighborhood to take care of my pets, but our friendly neighbors moved away. Now we are surrounded by mean nighbors. We are planning to be gone for about 2 weeks. Thank everyone for responding to my messages.

Krystal

I'm pretty sure that Chocolate is on the left and Brownie is on the right.

They are kinda hard to tell apart, aren't they?

They are adorable, but Tubby is poking at me with his paw. He wants to ask Samantha why she would want sisters like this? Aren't they too little to play with?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Congrats on your two new gerbils! THey are very cute
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Congrats!!

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

They are kinda hard to tell apart, aren't they?

They are adorable, but Tubby is poking at me with his paw. He wants to ask Samantha why she would want sisters like this? Aren't they too little to play with? [/B]
    I took some photos last night of Samantha meeting Chocolate rolling around in the ball.
    She was a bit confused that she could see her and smell her but not touch her.

Cali, I am glad that you have two handsome gerbil boys, now my girls won't have to fight over Scribbles. Doodles is a cutie too!

Thanks Uabassoon and Amber!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08

Milly & Izzy

Congrats on your two new additions!!! Brownie and Chocolate are so cute. I haven't had gerbils since I was a young girl and they were always the light brown kind.

How did I miss this thread? Congrats on the two new additions! What do Samantha and T-birdie think of their new sisters?

Thanks KAK and Popcornbird!

KAK, when I was little I had several pairs of the brown gerbils. I think they only came in one color back then.
    It wasn't until I was in college that I saw black ones and brought a pair home from college with me.

Popcorn, T-bird is interested in the gerbils when they roll around in the ball. They like to roll under her cage a lot because of all the seeds she drops.
    Samantha didn't actually notice the gerbils until two days ago. I took a couple of photos of her meeting one of them in the ball.
    I hope to post the photos this weekend sometime. She is being a very good big sister.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08

Milly & Izzy