Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So there I was, minding my own business...

at the vet's office, they still kid about Pixley being their only patient who can produce a fecal sample on demand! ;> )

LOL This is too funny. I'm so glad to hear that Pixley is fine now. BTW welcome to Pet Talk. I'd love to hear more about and see some pics of Pixley.

Wake up!

Hey all, I'm new here, but I just read this post and couldn't help but register and reply.

When I first got Isis (almost 2 years ago now) I had just lost 5 cats all at the same time. I was, of course, heartbroken. So then here's this precious little kitty in need of a home and, me being me, I had to take her home. I had to buy all new kitty stuff for my new baby. I saw this litter calle Feline Pine. I bought some. I had never seen it before, but it sounded like a great thing.

When I brought Isis home I found out she was only about 3-4 weeks old and she had wet tail. She wasn't old enough for shots or much medication. The lady that I had recieved her from said that she was old enough to be away from her mother, but I found out she wasn't. I fed her kitty milk through a little bottle and weened her onto canned food, and eventually got her to more solid food.

Anyhow, back to the main point of my story. I bought the Feline Pine thinking that it would be great! I lived with a boyfriend on 2.5 acre plot of land with 2 dogs and 1 cat (it was 2 cats, but 1 cat was kittynapped) My boyfriend and I lived in the "Mother-in-law quarters" on his mother's land. Isis, my new baby, I was to learn did not like the Feline Pine. I was, of course, her mother and trying to teach her to use the litter box. Since her Mother didn't have a chance to instill this in her. I had always recieved cats that knew what a litter box was. My Isis had no clue.

I woke every morning to find lots and lots of runny, wet messes all over the place. This went on for quite a few months. I eventually switched to the scoopable stuff, and miraculously she started using the litter box.

Isis will turn 2 years old on Sept, 18. (This Thursday!) Now she's just my sweet little crazy kitty, who knows how to use the litter box. We've always stuck with the scoopable stuff since she was a baby!!
    A cat is a bundle of purr!!
    Cat Wisdom:
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and I'll scratch your face off.

Since I switched to the Premium Scoopable Cat Litter I haven't had a problem yet! Had to be the FP.

BTW, WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I use an unscented, dust free, scoopable litter with baking soda. Sometimes I add extra baking soda. Isis really likes to get into food that she's not supposed to get into (our food!). My husband and I will eat dinner one night and sometimes we won't do the dishes right away and we may have food left on our plate, Isis will eat it. She doesn't care what it is. It's horrible when we eat something spicy.

~Pink & Isis~
    A cat is a bundle of purr!!
    Cat Wisdom:
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and I'll scratch your face off.

Re: Kitty "Accidents"

Originally posted by mlycat
    at the vet's office, they still kid about Pixley being their only patient who can produce a fecal sample on demand! ;>)
    LMAO! That's hilarious! (Welcome to Pet Talk)
    Luckily for me, Tux has never had an accident outside his box. He has only puked once, after eating too much cat grass and of course I HAD TO STEP IN IT!

P.S. Phred youse a funny guy!

Van10 - Tuxie's meowmy