Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone here afraid of

I'm afraid of dying. I think it is because I can not fathom the thought or idea of not being on a physical plain....does that make sense??? The thought of not being in my physical body...not being here on earth...

I was raised Catholic so I do beleive in Heaven and Hell and I do beleive we go to one or the other. I know this for a fact I guess you could say.

My grandmother died in 2000. She was dying from cancer and I will never forget her last days. I grew up with my grandparents and my mom....we all lived together so I was very close to my grandparents.

It was a Friday that we checked her in for the last time. She died the following Wednesday. I was with her when she died. She had become comatose on Saturday evening...just after my hubby and I visited her as a couple for the last time. I thought it very odd that when she died she opened her eyes and looked at the window in her room and smiled. It was not until after we left that one of her nurses came to mom and I and said "Did she tell you before she passed that she talked to her mother and to "Tommy"? Our mouths dropped....her mom had been deceased for many, many years and Tommy was my grandfather and he had been dead for 21 years.....She saw them before she died on Friday night.... They told her she was going to a better place where there was no pain or suffering....but she told them she needed just a little more time....more time for Myra to come (her sister...her soul mate). Aunt Myra came the day she died and was there with her, my mom and I when she passed.

Knowing that there is a better place to go makes me happy but I'm still scared. I don't know if I will ever be able to get over the fact of feeling so scared but I sure do hope I will. --- Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I'm very afraid to die. Unfortunately I think about it a lot, like how you just never know when or how. That's what scares me. How I'm going to die! I'm really paranoid about gunfire. I don't know why, but I've had dreams that were VERY realistic where I was shot. Anyways, aside from that I'm also a little afraid about what happens afterwards. I try to have faith that there is a purpose and a plan, but I can't help but let myself wonder, what if afterwards - well what if there is no afterwards?? I choose to blieve there is a God and a great afterlife, but in the back of my head, I have doubts and I just hope that God understands my doubts. I think it's normal to have doubts. I just hope that in the end all those fantasies I've had of real happiness do come true. I think this life is hard enough that it would make sense that in the end the afterlife is a reward of happiness for all our struggles.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Now, although death does not scare me, there is something that scares me. I'm afraid of living my life the wrong way and God forbid, ending up in the fires of Hell. While I try my best to be a good person, and always repent for my mistakes, a part of me still worries that I may not be living my life completely as God wants me to. So while death in itself does not scare me, that issue does. I want to go to Heaven after death, and I want to make sure I don't fail the *test* of life. Other than that issue, *death*, in itself, does not scare me. Its something that's going to come to all of us, whether we like it, or not.
    I have to also ditto this.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I would be lying if I didn't say that yes I do worry about when my life will end .... I think it is only human nature to think about what we will miss, and who we will miss. However, I trust in my Heavenly Father to take me when the time is right ... knowing that Heaven is far greater than any of us could ever imagine! I believe that being the loving Father that He is ... he would not give us the capacity to feel loss in Heaven. I believe that we will not experience anything painful or sorrowful there, and will be joyfully reunited with our loved ones who have gone before us.
    I also find comfort in knowing that God will provide for those that we leave behind here on earth. Our lives here are only an instant compared to the eternity we can and will enjoy in Heaven.

I am thankful to God each and every day that I accepted Christ Jesus into my heart years ago, and walk daily with Him in my heart! No, I am not perfect, but I know that I am saved, and unless I ever fail to acknowledge HIM for who HE is, then I will be going to Heaven!

Kim
    Last edited by kimlovescats; 07-08-2004 at 10:21 AM.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Ya know, after reading all the responses, it makes alot more sense to me now.

I don't think it's death or dying I'm afraid of, it's HOW I die. I've always said that if I had my way, I'd prefer to die peacefully in my sleep rather than in pain and agony.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Originally posted by moosmom
    I don't think it's death or dying I'm afraid of, it's HOW I die. I've always said that if I had my way, I'd prefer to die peacefully in my sleep rather than in pain and agony.
    This is my fear, too. I don't want to be in pain, or a burden, or to die slowly. I have no fear about death itself, just what happens directly before! Give me a massive heart attack, carbon monoxide poisoning, a giant brain hemorrhage, severe blunt head trauma where I die at impact... I don't want to see it coming, don't want to feel anything for too long, and don't want to hang on by a thread for any length of time. I know I've got better things... WAY better things waiting for me on the other side!

I'm not afraid of dying. I look forward to the journey actually. I'll finally find out about life after death!

I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of getting old. Becoming a widow. Breaking a hip. Being alone. Getting cancer. Being afraid, with no shoulder to cry on. Being turned side to side every two hours in a nursing home. Now I'm getting all upset.

Bad, bad subject! BAd! hehe

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Not going to get involved, but maybe the previous comments belong in the doghouse?

You're probably right. I went ahead and deleted it - we're here to discuss pets and I don't want to cause any conflict. I wrote on a quick emotional reaction is all
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

I'm not so much afraid of death as I am dying in some sort of freak accident where I have to suffer before I die. I'm more afraid of what possible pain will come before it then what will happen afterwards.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Thanks catmama! No hard feelings, I hope I've learned my lesson well and am trying to make sure I don't upset people anymore!

Yes, I'm afraid of dying. I would also like to be immortal and live forever, but I know that's impossible. I'm just curious of how this world will turn out in hundreds of years, I want to live to see it. Like also figuring out all the mysteries of life. Well, its not really that I'm really afraid, its just that I don't want to die...I don't want to leave everything I have behind.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I'm not afraid of death....I'm fearful of life at times.

Originally posted by catlover4ever
    It was not until after we left that one of her nurses came to mom and I and said "Did she tell you before she passed that she talked to her mother and to "Tommy"? Our mouths dropped....her mom had been deceased for many, many years and Tommy was my grandfather and he had been dead for 21 years.....She saw them before she died on Friday night.... They told her she was going to a better place where there was no pain or suffering....but she told them she needed just a little more time....more time for Myra to come (her sister...her soul mate). Aunt Myra came the day she died and was there with her, my mom and I when she passed.

Knowing that there is a better place to go makes me happy but I'm still scared. I don't know if I will ever be able to get over the fact of feeling so scared but I sure do hope I will. --- Meg
    My Grandmother was dying with cancer and by rights should not have hung on to life as long as she did...but she kept saying she was waiting for someone. The day she passed away she said 'He came to me last night and showed me where I am going. It is a beautiful place...Oh, you should see the flowers. And he is such a gentle soul, I know where I'm going now.'

She then let it be known she would need a pillow under head because she could never sleep well without a good pillow, and she wanted her watch and her glasses so she could see what time it was when she got to heaven... . She passed gently that evening.
    And yes! She had her satin pillow, watch and glasses.

Originally posted by MariaM
    I'm not afraid of dying at all. Sometimes I look forward to it.
    Don't say that, Maria! You're too young to be looking forward to dying! Anyway, what would Major do without you?????