Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special Needs Neurological Baby - "Sahara" UPDATE vet visit!!!

Hoping the drugs work on this little one. I can't imagine it's fun going in circles for a good part of the day. Sending many 'stop the circle walking' vibes Sahara's way! I love that name.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    KIM I'm in love with that messy faced sweetheart! I'm sooo glad that you were close by to get her and save her from who knows what. Do her pupils dilate when a light's shined in them? If the vet suspected inner ear infection, I'm surprised Sahara wasn't put on Clavamox to help clear her up if infection is present. Ivermectin only kills parasites...but doesn't do anything for infection. She is such a beauty..is she a keeper? I can't even figure out what type Siamese mix she is! Flame Lynx-Point? would be my guess. Kisses to the babies, and big ((HUGS)) to you!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Hopefully when her ear problems go away she will walk better. And it is so good to know that she is NOT blind.

Sahara

Talk about turning into mush on the floor! That dirty little face just added to the industrial strength cuteness overload. She is beyond adorable! Sahara looks so happy in each of the pictures, the second one is priceless with her big smile. Please tell us Sahara is going to be a PT kitty!!??!!??!!??!!?????

Many prayers are being prayed that your visit to the vet will show no serious problem for Sahara and both of your wonderful companions get a clean bill of health. Please let us know how it goes?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

YES, Sahara is a keeper ... not going to break my promise to her now that I know she isn't blind!!! She still needs a loving home, and she has it here with me!!! We think she had such terrible earmites that the discomfort alone was causing her circling about .... we will just give it a few days and see if that improves.

Jan, I just call her a lynx-point siamese ... but I'm not that educated on all of the different markings!

Oh, YES her pupils did react to a flashlight in the dark .... absolutely purrfectly!

Great news! I am keeping fingers crossed for that little dirthy faced sweetheart that the ear mites were the cause of her odd walking and that she will get better at walking.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aww sahara those nasty mites must be so annoying, but soon they will be all gone and you will feel so much better and your ears won't hurt anymore.
    Get well soon little one, and we all want to see lovely pictures of you as you grow up

Sahara

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    YES, Sahara is a keeper ... not going to break my promise to her now that I know she isn't blind!!! She still needs a loving home, and she has it here with me!!!
    I'm thrilled to hear that Sahara has the best furever home any kitty could hope for! She'll be loved, cared for, spoiled a bit(?), and will furever be safe and warm. With you, the sweetie with the dirty face will never have to be afraid of anything and her every need will be taken care of. Sahara is one lucky baby to have found you!!!

Welcome to the PT family, Sahara! As Groucho often says, "Every kitty should be a PT kitty!"

Kim, would you give that little darling some scritchies and tummy rubs from me? Doesn't matter if her face is dirty, that just adds to the cuteness.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat
    I'm thrilled to hear that Sahara has the best furever home any kitty could hope for! She'll be loved, cared for, spoiled a bit(?), and will furever be safe and warm. With you, the sweetie with the dirty face will never have to be afraid of anything and her every need will be taken care of. Sahara is one lucky baby to have found you!!!

Welcome to the PT family, Sahara! As Groucho often says, "Every kitty should be a PT kitty!"

Kim, would you give that little darling some scritchies and tummy rubs from me? Doesn't matter if her face is dirty, that just adds to the cuteness.....
    Thank you so much, and YES I will pass along your scritchies and tummy rubs!

Kim

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    YES, Sahara is a keeper ... not going to break my promise to her now that I know she isn't blind!!! She still needs a loving home, and she has it here with me!!! We think she had such terrible earmites that the discomfort alone was causing her circling about .... we will just give it a few days and see if that improves.

Jan, I just call her a lynx-point siamese ... but I'm not that educated on all of the different markings!

Oh, YES her pupils did react to a flashlight in the dark .... absolutely purrfectly!
    YIPPY!!!!!!!!! ~JUMPING FOR JOY~ Sahara has to be one of the most gorgeous little babies that I've ever done seen! And she's a Flame Lynx-point lol! I hope those buggies quit buggin' her. Did the vet mention possible cerebellar hypoplasia to you as the cause of her imbalance? Misty my lil' old girl was born with brain damage, but not the typical CH (caused by distemper in the mom cat while carrying the litter). Vets & I theorised that she was stuck in the birth canal and suffered oxygen loss. She swirls in circles and can barely walk a straight line. Is Sahara similar? Please kiss that sweet little face for me! Dirt & all..I'd do it!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Thanks, Jan! I thought the Flame Lynx was red or "orange" .... Sahara is the grayish - taupe color. Maybe she looks more red in the picture? It doesn't matter any way ... she's HOME!

The vet that saw her, is fresh out of vet school ... I hardly ever get to see my original vet anymore! I'm not sure she knows much about neurological problems. Sahara walks more normal than she does in circles, and some times she takes a few steps backwards then goes in circles. But then she can run across the room with no problems. It's erratic. I'm guessing that whatever it its, it's not too bad and probably nothing can be done about it anyway. Time will tell, I suppose.

Kim