Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Simple Life

Hybrid View

Would you all be as mad and disgusted if the show was about a poor girl who was in high society? Would you all be shocked that she didn't know which fork to use at supper?

Can you really blame these two for where/how they were born and raised?

I think the point of the show is to laugh with them. I mean, they're willing to do this and it's not like they need the money.

I thought the two girls were cute and funny about the whole thing.

Originally posted by Soledad
    Would you all be as mad and disgusted if the show was about a poor girl who was in high society? Would you all be shocked that she didn't know which fork to use at supper?

Can you really blame these two for where/how they were born and raised?

I think the point of the show is to laugh with them. I mean, they're willing to do this and it's not like they need the money.

I thought the two girls were cute and funny about the whole thing.
    the way they were acting like they were totally discused about everything, they were so lame.. I shall never watch that show again. it was so harsh, they are the biggest dites.. I dont know how you can compare them to a poor girl.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Jynelle, the point of the show isn't to hate these girls and think they are "low" so-to-speak....lighten up, it's supposed to be funny. Smile a little....I nearly fell over laughing. lol. Plus, can you really blame them? I mean, look at where they live and how they've grown up....they are rich as heck, I wouldn't really expect them to be much different.

Oh man, Paris is my idol. lol. Okay, so not really....but I love her. HaHa. And her little Chi is the cutest pup I've ever seen!! lol Did anyone see the very beggining when they got off the helicoptor and her dog ran around in that little pink and blue "tutu" outfit? I was dying!

I have to admit, I'm already obsessed with the show.

Plus....the family's son is pretty cute.

Originally posted by Moose
    Jynelle, the point of the show isn't to hate these girls and think they are "low" so-to-speak....lighten up, it's supposed to be funny. Smile a little....I nearly fell over laughing. lol. Plus, can you really blame them? I mean, look at where they live and how they've grown up....they are rich as heck, I wouldn't really expect them to be much different.
    it is just my opinion on the show

I just don't understand the point in hating people because of the amount of money they have and what kind of situation they were born into. It's not something they can help.

I wouldn't hate a poor girl for being ignorant and poor. And I won't hate a rich girl just because she's ignorant and rich. Same thing to me.

Of course, I think a lot of people are just jealous.

I’m not jealous. I think the show is stupid. Like Jynelle, it’s my opinion. I think the premise is dumb, I think Paris is nasty and spoiled. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. It would be nice to not be called “insecure” or “jealous” because I think it’s a stupid show and because I don’t like her. I like Pam Anderson, I like Faith Hill and Shania Twain, and they’re much more beautiful and rich.

I don't think any of those entertainers are richer than Paris. She's a billionairess.

Regardless, I don't see what these girls have done on the show that makes them so nasty and hateful.

lol Brooke I like Paris too, I really didn't expect anything different from what she was. yes, and her little pup Tinkerbell is soooo adorable!!! I'm obsessed with the show now too, I can't wait to watch it again tonight! and yes...I thought the guy was pretty cute too In some parts the mom of the family looked pretty annoyed
    In the beginning when they went shopping, they just bought whatever they wanted very very rich
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I don't think any of those entertainers are richer than Paris. She's a billionairess.

Regardless, I don't see what these girls have done on the show that makes them so nasty and hateful.
    If you’re referring to what I said:

I never said they were hateful. I said nothing about what they’ve done on the show that made them nasty or hateful. I wouldn’t know about anything they’ve done on the show, nasty or otherwise, because I haven’t watched it.

I said Faith, Shania and Pam were more beautiful and rich, not more beautiful and richer.

Please read my posts before you comment on them.

I did read your comments, Micki.

"They're [Pam Anderson & Co.] more beautiful and rich."

That can be taken in more than one way.

I don't see the point in being so defensive over PARIS HILTON and NICOLE RICHIE. Lord! They're just some flighty rich girls. Our anger, disgust, etc. should be targeted towards more deserving individuals.

P.S. If YOU'D read MY threads more carefully, you'd note that I never said anyone was jealous and insecure because they didn't like the show. I would question people jealousy and insecurity for calling these girls "discusting" (PEOPLE, IT'S SPELLED D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G) and "low" after one rather innocuous viewing.

Originally posted by micki76

I said Faith, Shania and Pam were more beautiful and rich, not more beautiful and richer.

and they are all fricking married....................

I always thought 'Paris Hilton' was the stayover place in France...

She's as deep as a sidewalk puddle, has no scruples and on the one to ten scale - I give her a four...... she started at -6 so I did give her TEN POINTS.......and that's because she has money...

Having your arse pixillated on regular TV but not on your 'home movies' tells you she has no brains at all...any self respecting woman would have dug a ditch to hide in pulled dirt over her head and hid for a while..

No I did not see her 'home movie' and just a glimpse of the show-I like train wrecks..........

Anyway, I prefer the Holiday Inn....

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I just don't understand the point in hating people because of the amount of money they have and what kind of situation they were born into. It's not something they can help.

I wouldn't hate a poor girl for being ignorant and poor. And I won't hate a rich girl just because she's ignorant and rich. Same thing to me.

Of course, I think a lot of people are just jealous.
    as if I would be jalous of some girl that doesnt care if her a$$ is hanging out of her Fing pants. Thats sickening.. I didnt say once that I hated anyone, I just said that they were low, and they are snobby, and that is my opinion.

Hm....I do hear a little bit of jealousy from a certain someone. lol.

I'm in complete agreement with Soledad on this one, and Tiffany, I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol

I remarked today that Paris Hilton makes J Lo look(well I can't say it here) innocent. I'm so sick of hearing about her, etc. Sounds like a rip off of Green Acres, also.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I would question people jealousy and insecurity for calling these girls "discusting" (PEOPLE, IT'S SPELLED D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G) and "low" after one rather innocuous viewing.
    Gotta agree with you there! But Paris' reputation does precede her.