Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: large dog or small dog?

I love all sizes, but as far as dogs I'd like to own, almost all of them are smaller breeds.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

With the exception of Tollers (medium), almost all of the breeds I like and want to own are large or giant.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Definately large dogs! I love all but prefer medium - large to extra large dogs.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I love bigger dogs, my girls are both around 70#. Not sure, as I get older, I need anything bigger than that. My Jake is small, but a super cool boy, so I think I'll keep him!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I loooove big dogs! I've got Talon who is about 40-45lbs and Chloe who is 65lbs. I love being able to snuggle and squeeze on them and not hurt them.LOL
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I prefere medium to large, but I like to have 1 lap dog hanging around..not THAT small, nothing under 10lbs thanks, but something smaller that can comfortably sit in my lap.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Small (but sturdy) to medium is my preference. I like having a dog that you can easily take just about anywhere. I travel a lot and having to be packed into my Jeep with a large to ex-large dog would probably not be a very fun ride. :-D

Also, I find that anything medium and below is not able to push me off the bed at night like a certain dog I know of can! [cough]SKYLAR![/cough]

Small to medium. I guess I could be classified as a Beagle/Terrier person. I like toy breeds but they aren't for me, I loved Sas don't get me wrong but she also showed me what I don't want in a dog. Small, lazy sausage hehe. I like Semi-hyper, active and playful dogs! NOT small couch patatoes even though they are adorable hehe.

BUT I am very open to all sizes, if they have the right personality I'll go for it!

I prefer small dogs.

Not to say I don't like the looks and personality of some large dogs, of course I do.

But I have a small house and small yard, and I rescue and foster, as well as having six dogs of my own. That simply would not be physically possible with larger breeds. I also like to load them all up in the van together and take them out to run in the desert or get some french fries. At times, I have had up to fourteen dogs in my house, and fourteen big dogs would simply not fit. I find I can save more lives if they happen to be small.

Also, I have a very bad knee. This contributes to me having somewhat poor balance, and an inability to stop myself from falling with that knee. Therefore I am more comfortable around smaller dogs, that are less likely to knock me down and re-break my knee. (Already happened once, with a rottweiller.)

Plus, right now as I type this, my latest rescue dog, and Italian greyhound is folded up on my lap like a very soft, warm loaf of bread. I love that!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

i love large dogs, there is nothing like giving a big dog a hus and burrying your face in their fur, also i like to wresel with my dogs and a bigger dog usually handles it a lot better than the little guys, but in the end wheather its big or small its the peronallity that wins out

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Maybe when that time comes I'll take a trip to Florida and meet up with Traci (WELOVESPUPPIES).
    Just let me know when

I love all sizes from itty bity chis to the largest of breeds. Would I want to own them all, no and for differnt reasons. I think different sizes offer different things. Large breeds can be rough housed with on the floor, give you a much better sense of security and big wet sloppy kisses Small breeds can go just about any where, just ask Chopper haha. They are great lap warmers too and give lots of little kisses.

I have to disagree with the yapping of small breeds. Of course it is all in how they are raised. Would I be lying if I said my little ones don't bark, of course I would they are dogs after all despite their small stature but they know when to bark and when not too. Now my neighs yorkie on the other hand.....
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

BIG dogs. I have nothing against little dogs though and will most likely own one some day.

I prefer dogs that are in the 30-pound range. Sturdy enough not to get stepped on, but small enough you can still pick them up easily if need be. Beagles are my favorite!

I really am a dog person, but I'm gone for almost 11 hours a day. I'd hate to leave a dog unattended for that long, inside or out. So I'll settle for spoiling my kitties and living vicariously through dog-owning PT'ers

I prefer medium - big dogs.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I would have to say both... I have two chihuahua's and one doberman pinscher and they all three ROCK!!!