Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, Decker is peeing blood! UPDATE #38 - He's sick again!

I think I would take Decker right away this morning. Poor thing.

Morning update: I called and got an appointment for 9:15. The vet I see most the time now is off today but my old vet who is in high demand will fit him in. He's the vet who took care of Ripley when he was shot 14 years ago and again when Ripley almost died from a blood infection 6 years ago.

I'm glad I don't have to just drop him off but I bet I'll have to leave him because I think he's getting blocked. He just jumped in the litterbox and nothing but a couple drops came out. Poor little guy.

I'll update when I get back from the vet. Thanks for the prayers everyone.

From Decker with Love

I started my morning prayers w/Decker and Barney. Hopefully, he'll get relief very soon, poor sweet little guy. Praying for no blockage, just a UTI.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sounds like a severe UTI and so it is good to take him in.

Prays that the vet visit goes well.

Please keep us updated.

I'm glad you're able to get him in this morning. Hopefully Decker will get the meds he needs and be more comfortable very soon.

UPDATE: Back from the vet with Decker. Dr. H said his bladder was mostly empty so no blockage and that he thinks it's a severe UTI. He gave him an antibiotic injection and another injection to help with the cramping and discomfort. He said to try to keep him stress-free and to bring him back in a week for a checkup and another injection if needed.

I'll be keeping a close eye on him to makes sure the injections are working. He's very stressed right now because he isn't used to other people handling him. The vet tech remembered him from being that little wild kitten from under the deck. She was hugging on him and telling him how handsome he is. Decker looked absolutely terrified but took it very well thank goodness.

From Decker with Love

IS THERE ANYTHING WORSE THAN KNOWING OUR FUR FRIENDS ARE ILL THAT JSUT TAKES THE HEART OUT OF YOU TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE ILL, AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO
    PRAYERS ARE COMING FOR YOUR DEAR DECKER, THAN THE MEDICATIONS WILL TAKE EFFECT, AND HE WILL BE HIS HAPPY SELF VERY SOON.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I do hope the injections work quickly and Dexter feels better soon!

I hope that the injections work and that you'll be able to keep him stress free. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

One time Sunny became so stressed out that he kept jumping in and out of the litter boxes and he was also only peeing very small amounts of urine. He didn't have any blood though. I kept trying to think what had changed that would stress him out. I first thought that it was because I had my carpet cleaned but that wasn't it. It turned out to be his collar. He was so stressed out from wearing his new collar that it made him sick. Now he's the only one that doesn't wear one. This was a very expensive collar.

That's good news! Moon had a similar problem when he was around 3 and the vet told me to put him on the special urinary tract food even though it wasn't a blockage, it's good to prevent those in male cats if possible. I've had Bean on it as well since he was a kitten and he never had any urinary tract issues. They both love it. I use the Purina ONE® Urinary Tract Dry and canned foods. Feel Better Decker!!!! And as I always say whenever one of our babies is sick, Thank God you're in a PT home!

Decker, I sure hope you feel better fast. Those darned UTI are so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
    He's very stressed right now because he isn't used to other people handling him. The vet tech remembered him from being that little wild kitten from under the deck. She was hugging on him and telling him how handsome he is. Decker looked absolutely terrified but took it very well thank goodness.
    I guess THAT took his mind off his discomfort for a few moments! Feel better, Decker!

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    It turned out to be his collar. He was so stressed out from wearing his new collar that it made him sick. Now he's the only one that doesn't wear one. This was a very expensive collar.
    This was a very expensive collar. Of course! It would HAVE to be, right? I mean, that is bound to be the case! Couldn't be some $1 store one, oh no, not with a CAT!

No blockage - good news!
    UTI - not good news.

I hope the injections work and Decker is feeling better real soon.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I hope the injections take care of Decker and he's feeling better in no time. Thanks for the update.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022