Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Anyone Feed Raw?

Of course! You can mix whatever you wish!

You are an adult now; you can even eat dessert BEFORE dinner!

Lol!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I feed RAW, it is a lot cheaper for me to feed four dogs (3 sporting, 1 retired but still active) on RAW than dry food (kibble). My dogs are all fit & healthy and best of all i know what they are eating, not some unknown ingredients out of a bag .

But at the end of the day feed what your dogs do best on, and feed the best you can afford.

I know i wont be switching back again though.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I fed TOTW (wetlands) to Queeq since she was a tiny weeny puppy and it worked pretty amazing... I got it from Pet Barn.. I think around 23 or so the again I guess was only the 15lbs..hehe... if I recall properly hehe...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Lol. That price sounds about right. Although... now I'm kinda worried because Delta has been having the explosive poos lately, and it happened either after I bought salmon treats, or I gave her a piece of cooked porkchop. Lol Soooo, I think it happened to close to feeding the porkchop, so I fear it might be the salmon treats...

But I'm very excited to announce that I found a dalmatian breeder who feeds a slight BARF more RAW diet. She had a perfect recipe up for dalmatians and I e-mailed her for more questions. So I'm going to go shopping, check out prices today and wait for her to e-mail me back. I'm SO excited. I hope it works out.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Good thread. No matter how long our dogs have been domesticated, it holds true that our canine companions can process RAW in a more effective manner than any man made kibble or cooked food that has been prepared for them. I feed TOTW High Prairie to both of my pups, one at 10 months, and the other at 4 months. I plan to feed raw once my schedule is a little lighter and I can dedicate time to preparing a balanced, healthy meal. I find myself swamped with the house I just purchased, managing retail stores, and finding time to walk my two pups at least 8 hours a week, and training my oldest pup for weight pull competition. I won't buy raw premade because you never know what youre getting unless you make it yourself.

TOTW is not just for adult dogs, it is an all stage food, and since dogs in the wild did not consume nor could they process grains, it is the right balance of protein, vegetables, fruits and probiotics to keep our dogs well fed and lean. It actually has lower protein levels than most other grain free foods. Dogs don't need rice, corn, barley or anything that doesn't get processed. In fact, when you cut out the grains it makes kibble easily digested, and more nutrients get absorbed leaving you with smaller, tighter stools. And not to mention less frequency.

I am not trying to sell you on a particular food. All dogs are different and some have certain needs. I for example supplement Alaskan Salmon oil, glucosamine, and chondroiton, the last two for preventative measure and the fish oil for its heart health promotion, and a sleeker, healthier coat. I also give my older boy 1 raw egg twice a week as a reward for his hard work doing drag weight training.

Raw is the way to go if you can afford it, your dogs will really enjoy it and you will have the peace of mind that you know EXACTLY what is going into your dog's food, and that their bodies are getting the nutrients that they were designed to eat.