Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a lap top - any suggestions?

Unless its a hardware issue, could you backup your files and do a fresh OS install and restore your files?

For my usage Ild get an Acer, I dont need all the bells and wistles, and install XP pro on it.

If you need all the cow bells for multimedia, get the Mac. IF all you do is surf the web, basic office, email, and spread sheets the HP Pavilion looks real good.

Ive been looking at netbooks if my business ever gets off the ground, Ill dual boot with XP and Ubuntu until I can get certified for Win7.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I'm in lvoe with my little red Gateway.

I've had it nearly a year and the only problem came from my stupidity of dropping it on the corner where the power supply comes in. I never needed to get it fixed because it fixed itself!

I have 23 pounds of cat sitting on it a LOT and nothing happens. I think it was the best bargain out there. Great price, red, solidly built, and powerful enough to do everything I've asked it to do so far.