Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy (Siegfried) (aka Niahc) is at my house for 2 weeks, He's Up for Adoption Now!!

Oh Melissa she is stunning , i am sure she will find a home pronto, i sure hope so, Ruby has such a special meaning for me, i once helped raise funds for a little girl, a friend of my daughters,her name was Ruby,sadly she died of cystic fibrosis,but i love the name and it always has a special place in my heart.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    Well as for this one, I think I might of found a rescue to take her in I'm hoping, I'm still waiting to hear from them yet but hopefully I will. She is currently staying in my sister's bedroom and she is just the sweetest kitty.

I've attached a couple pictures of her that I took of her last night and this morning.

I'll keep everyone posted if I do get this rescue to take her or not.

Take care,
    Melissa

Yesterday I took her to a cat rescue. They are going to get her vet checked and fix her. She was such a good girl in the car. I hated giving her up but she will be better off I'm sure of it. She is just so sweet and loving. But it's what's best for her and that's what counts.

=============================================

Now as for the male cat, he is coming to my work this afternoon and I'm going to take him to a cat rescue place later on after work and I'm hoping they will take him in. If they don't I did find a back up place so we'll see what happens. I'll post pictures once I see him.

Melissa

I just got this e-mail from Carolyn.

Hi Melissa,

Ruby is a very unhappy camper. She is not feeling grateful for being rescued! She is hissing and swatting at anything that comes near. Not happy at ALL.

Carolyn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's stressing over the other cats. She holes up in the carrier she came in. Nikki thinks she will be alright after a couple of days. If you have cats she will probably do the same thing. She's really stressed though, which means she is probably going to get sick. If anyone can work with her, it's Nikki. She also takes all of the hard "cases". She has lots of experience. I'll let you know how it goes.

Carolyn
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 04-19-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Patience. Gradual introduction is the key. Put the cat in a room with litterbox, food, water and scratching post. Go in and get down on her lever and quietly whisper to her. Take a towel and rub down your resident kitties. Let the new cat smell it, so she gets used to her scent. Do the same things with the new kitty. Rub her down with a towel and let the new kitties sniff it to get them use to the scent.

Get down on her level and toss treats her way, gently talking to her. It's gonna take time and patience. But in the end, it'll work out. Just give it time.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Patience. Gradual introduction is the key. Put the cat in a room with litterbox, food, water and scratching post. Go in and get down on her lever and quietly whisper to her. Take a towel and rub down your resident kitties. Let the new cat smell it, so she gets used to her scent. Do the same things with the new kitty. Rub her down with a towel and let the new kitties sniff it to get them use to the scent.

Get down on her level and toss treats her way, gently talking to her. It's gonna take time and patience. But in the end, it'll work out. Just give it time.
    I'm sure it will work out, it sounds like Nikki knows how to handle the situation so that's always a bonus!

She was such a sweetie pie and she did get a little cranky but overall she did very well at my sister's but of course she knew us but doesn't really know them.

So we'll see.

Thanks!
    Melissa

Well Niahc is here and not happy about the cage situation right now. Poor guy was used to being free and now stuck in a cage oh well at least it's only for a few hours.

I'm just praying that he doesn't have FELV or anything which I don't think he does, he's just older looking poor thing.

He's very pretty though and I'm going to try to get some pictures of him but right now he's being quiet so that's what counts.

I hope this rescue place will take him if not then I have to figure out something, he can't see well it seems only out of the side of his eyes so I can't just toss him back outside but I can't take him home either.

I hope this place will take him.

Melissa
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 04-19-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Oh, Melissa, God bless you and keep you, you are so good and kind. Thank you so much for all you have done for these babies who otherwise would have had no one to look out for them at this point. Please take good care of yourself, now!

I just lit a couple of candles for you and the kitties.

My kitties and I, and all your other PT friends, are all wishing you the very best.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, Melissa, God bless you and keep you, you are so good and kind. Thank you so much for all you have done for these babies who otherwise would have had no one to look out for them at this point. Please take good care of yourself, now!

I just lit a couple of candles for you and the kitties.

My kitties and I, and all your other PT friends, are all wishing you the very best.
    As soon as I find this one a home either at this rescue or another one then I'll takesome time for me don't worry Thanks!

Melissa

Ruby and Niahc are both such Splendid Cats.
    I would love to sens something to help, but Josephs Vet Bill needs paying off and the kitchen ceiling fell in.
    And I owe taxes.
    And Poor Earl of Ebony showed up, my friend next door thinks a badger attacked him;
    We are praying that Ruby And Niahc will find New Furrrever Homes
    Bless You for Caring Melissa
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    Ruby and Niahc are both such Splendid Cats.
    I would love to sens something to help, but Josephs Vet Bill needs paying off and the kitchen ceiling fell in.
    And I owe taxes.
    And Poor Earl of Ebony showed up, my friend next door thinks a badger attacked him;
    We are praying that Ruby And Niahc will find New Furrrever Homes
    Bless You for Caring Melissa
    Thank you but just consentrate on JJJ bills and Ebony. Poor Ebony. My prays.
    melissa

Last night I took Niahc to this rescue organization just in hopes that they would take him in and they said as long as the vet agreed to call her about him after he was fixed up she would then take him but she can't take him directly from me but later on when I talked to her she said she would take him from me if that's what the vets want. I'm so pleased this working out for now I hope.

He is super sweet and all he wants is out of the cage which I can't blame him but when I did let him out he went over to a loose part of the tile on the floor in the bathroom and started pulling it up. I couldn't believe it. So back in the cage he went. Overall though all he wants is attention.

We gave him canned food last night and he loved it although I don't think he can see too well though poor guy.

So this morning I took Niahc to the vets and they are going to do an FIV/FELV combo test and I'm sure since he's made it till about 10 years old he probably doesn't have it but you never know. Then if he's good on that they are going to test his blood to make sure all of his levels are ok and check out his wound on his one leg, tail, eyes, ears (I think he has ear mites) and I also think he has worms as well.

If you all could just say a quick pray for him that he will do just fine at the vets and that there isn't anything medically wrong with him I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Prayers that he checks out ok with the vet and can find a home quickly. He looks so sad in the cage. Thank you for taking care of him.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Prayers for good test results and a fine new home for Niahc.. and a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10637576

Melissa, do you know what the story is on his strange name? I notice it is "chain" spelled backwards.

God bless him and you too.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Here is the quick run down on what the vet told me:

He has a skin infection (the wound on his paw/leg is from a skin infection), ear mites, round worms, upper respiratory infection (URI), and eye infection. He tested negative for FIV/FELV!

My vet gave him a dose of revolution, de-wormer, eye drops, and a Convenia shot (which will help with the respiratory infection and the skin infection).

The vet also checked his blood work and all of his levels are normal which is wonderful. The vet said she would prefer to fix him in about 2 weeks since he has an upper respiratory infection and she preferred that he stay at the rescue until he can be fixed so that my cats don't get sick.

I called the rescue and told them all this and they said they must not of made it clear to me last night but they can't take in any cat that is sick. The cat needs to be fixed and healthy in order to go to their rescue.

So I called my vet and told them this and asked if they wanted to call the rescue to see if that might help and they said they didn't want to ruin their good working relationship with the rescue and that as long as I keep him confined for 2 weeks until he needs to be fixed that should be fine.

Niahc will be coming home with me after I get off work and hopefully he's behaving himself.

I'm sure he is though. After he is fixed in 2 weeks and the vet says he's healthy the rescue will take him in then.

Thank you all for the prays for this older guy.
    Melissa

Oh poor guy,overall though this is good news, they are all ailments that can be fixed with treatment, he must be feeling under the weather though, thank goodness he is with you, I hope with all my heart he makes a good recovery and soon is well enough to be fixed and sent to the shelter to hopefully find his loving furever home, good luck with it all, thinking of you, hope you are doing ok as well.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️