View Poll Results: Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • No- Too afraid

7 24.14%
  • Yes- Tons of fun

11 37.93%
  • Thought about it

5 17.24%
  • Never again!

6 20.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever played with a ouija board?

I'm sure that a great deal of it can possibly have to do with the mind. But, my husband would have to disagree with you! What he did & saw would spook anybody! I get goosebumps on my neck just thinking about it. I think it also has to do with: if you believe in the supernatural, ghosts, etc.
    Like I said, I've been unfortunate in that I haven't had the chance to experience seeing a "ghostly" object.
    My friend told me of her story when she lived with my husband (roomates at the time) they lived in a district known to have "ghosts". It happened to be by this huge cemetary. They both claim at different times they had seen ghostly visions. The one that creeps me out the most is, Tara woke up to see a head over her bed. I guess they both said they used to hear doors slam, things fell off shelves, etc. There was just no explaination for these happenings. They were both terrified to live there anymore & left in about 6 months.
    I know people are probably going to think I'm crazy but, I think it's all in what you believe. If you're skeptical or not!
    My aunt (VERY SKEPTICAL) claims that she "saw her husband in their field in the country" about 2 years ago now.......he died 11 years ago. Weirder things have happened! Who knows & I'm not going to say I know for sure what is beyond this life!!!

My cousins and siblings played with one a few times when I was a kid - nothing remarkable ever happened, and I thought it was just stupid. Nothin' spooky or relevatory at all.

Just for clarification, I didn't mean that whatever happened with the ouija was all in the mind so much as I meant it was the power of the mind that perhaps triggered the events rather than the actual ouija board. Just my personal theory, that the ouija board serves as a focus. Meaning someone could lay a piece of cardboard with drawings on it and if the focused enough and believed, it is possible things could happen. I am not at all sure of anything, but I do believe there is a supernatural out there.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I did a long time ago. I don't believe in it though, someone has to move it. Although at the time I thought it actually was moving hah

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Originally posted by cali
    my answer is not up their lol no I have not, but I am not too afraid, I have just never had the opportunity
    Ditto, but I voted for the no one.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

We used to play with those in jr. high and high school. I always thought it was "convienent" when we'd always get the answers we wanted...

Anyone ever play with the 6 unsharpened pencils??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I have never played but I was in the room when a group of friends were playing. It freaked me out because the spirits could answer questions that involved the other people in the room. I've also heard dozens and dozens of stories relating to it so I just stay away.

I'd rather not disturb the spirit world though.. even if the game is a fake in whatever way, I just try not to get mixed up in those things.

As for the game company having no connection with the spirit world (which I agree to), my friend who is Wiccan really believes in them. She says the only "real" ones are sold in magic shops and those sold at Toys R Us are just cheap copies. In any case.. I don't like them so I just stay away from them.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

i never have, but i think i would if i had the chance.

I did when I was younger, but I don't now. I don't believe in it.

Thank you Wolfie!