Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plus sized Fashion

Ross

I find their plus sized section has some nice pieces. you have to wade through some of the uglier pieces but I've gotten quite a few tops there

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

lol.. flashback.. been there soooo many times..

they fit wide but not long
    they fit long but too tight
    and not to mention.. when something really really fits both sides it has this teenie tiny cups only for an Acup.. lol.. the girls just wonīt fit.. lol
    or itīs intended to go bra-less.. which I canīt do.. lol..

and pants.. lol when they fit waist I always have to trim the legs a few inches.. thatīs why I love jeans that come in inches.. I can choose!!
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Try Catherine's, Cato, Lane Bryant. I like the Catherine's here in Greenville, but I discovered while at home for Christmas that different Catherine's carry different stuff. I haven't checked out the online store yet.

I used to avoid such stores since most of their plus size stuff looked like frilly Sunday-go-to meeting dresses. I wanted a variety of clothes styles.

Catherine's stuff fits better. Catherine's Lane Bryant, and Lauren Ashley are all owned by the same company. LB is trendy, LA is youthful, and Catherine's is mature.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Although I'm not a plus size, I have bought many things online from Blair and they carry everything from petites to plus sizes. Their prices are also good and they always have some kind of a sale going on. Since I'm on their mailing list, I also receive their catalogues which contain promo codes so you can save even more money. I'm tall,almost 5'10",and medium sized jackets from Blair have fit me just right. Here's the link:http://www.blair.com/home.jsp?cid=YM_011511&referer=YM. Good luck.

My daughter in law gets a lot of cloths from Dress Barn.
    And don't give up the fight too much.
    Remember if you only gain 5 pounds a year that adds up to 50 pounds in 10 years and 100 pounds in 20.
    I don't know how old you are both another 50 or 100 pounds cannot be good for your health.
    Even losing 10 lbs can make a big difference. It's not cosmetic its about living healthy.
    Wishing you the best of luck.
    I have diabetes so for me I have to watch all the time, I know how hard it is but the good news is I am in better shape then I was before the diabetes and thinner so there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    My daughter in law gets a lot of cloths from Dress Barn.
    And don't give up the fight too much.
    Remember if you only gain 5 pounds a year that adds up to 50 pounds in 10 years and 100 pounds in 20.
    I don't know how old you are both another 50 or 100 pounds cannot be good for your health.
    Even losing 10 lbs can make a big difference. It's not cosmetic its about living healthy.
    Wishing you the best of luck.
    I have diabetes so for me I have to watch all the time, I know how hard it is but the good news is I am in better shape then I was before the diabetes and thinner so there you have it.
    Please, please PLEASE do not tell me about losing 10 pounds. I have lost the same ten pounds twenty times in the past year aolne. an extra ten pouns permanently and stable is much better than up and down. I gain when stressed. Lose when I get a grip on the stress. Regain the lost weight when I stress. Lose it later. I can't keep doing this to myself! I was the same exact size for 8 years before I lost weight. Since then, two years ago, I've been down to a 12, up to a 20, and anywhere in between at any given day,

Old Navy has a Plus section on their website and I think some stores have one, too. Their plus stuff is cute.

Amy

You can also try J Jill and Avenue for plus sized clothes. I love Cold Water Creek, but normally can only afford their clearance clothes. I love Macys, but it runs hot and cold there. Same with Avenue. Sometimes it's great, other times I'm wondering what they're thinking. If I think of any other places, I'll come back.. I know there's one more place I shop that wasn't listed, but I can't think of it at the moment. One Stop Plus is great though... try them, definitely.

Forgot the other site... CJ Banks.com Really nice plus sized clothes.
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 01-18-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    All the clothes are tailored as if you get taller as you get wider.
    Man, I thought that was only me! I've discovered with Catherine's pants that although there isn't much difference in the rise between petite and average, there is a difference in the leg lengths. So I try on the petites now. They also have a cut of pants that fits better on my apple-shaped body. Not quite so full-cut.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am kinda on the border of plus size. But I mainly get my pants at Old Navy and they now have sizes bigger than 12.
    But I used to go shopping with my plus size friend and we would go to Lane Bryant and I wished they had my size there. I thought they had a lot of nice clothes. Casual and dressy. So those would be my two suggestions.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Did anyone mention Cato's?

I completely forgot about them and they're one of my favorite stores.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I am kinda on the border of plus size. But I mainly get my pants at Old Navy and they now have sizes bigger than 12.
    I checked out Old Navy's Web site... I had no idea they carry women's sizes. And modestly priced, too! Thank you, Taz Zoee, for the suggestion!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you everyone. I was at the doctor's today and was reading a magazine, where the plus sized editor was complaining about the same thing I am: modestly price clothing is not shaped properly. She worded it more eloquently than I did.... she asked that fashion designers be locked in a room with size 16 women and see that just because you add width and legnth doesn't mean its going to fit! Some of us hide our weight in sectionas (belly and chest for me) while others are in their legs and thighs, while others are all-over. She said that Lane Bryant has a new DKNY line.... I'll have to check it out, but I've never been too thrilled with their clothes.

I typically buy Jones New York, or Liz Claiborne (I LOVE LIz!) but they closed the Liz outlet by me (BUMMER!!!!!)