Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PT "book" project?

Remember Slick, it doesn't have to be art, it can be writing!

And of course, I'd participate, sounds like fun!
    I've Been Frosted

Would it be possible to use a 3 ring type binder? That way pages can be added as needed and it could hold lots and lots!

It would be easier to copy pages that way too.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Would it be possible to use a 3 ring type binder? That way pages can be added as needed and it could hold lots and lots!

It would be easier to copy pages that way too.
    I'm not sure that would get the "media mail" discount. And I like the idea of it being finite - and if people enjoy it, we can start a new one!
    I've Been Frosted

Richard this is a very cool idea. I would be very interested in participating.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

This sounds like a wonderful idea. Count me in!

Once the book is full and stops circulating could copies be made for everyone?
    Maybe a small fee could be attached to help pay for the processing...
    Just a thought.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

I am so not creative, but would love to participate. Would be nice to get to know everyone from PetTalk better.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't know, I think it would be more fun if everything didn't end up online. Just my humble opinion.

And of course, people who contribute early needn't be banned from doing so again, so getting to see it later, right?
    I would not get to participate or enjoy the others letters and drawings if it's not put online... things are so extremely tight at the moment that there is just NO room in our budget (which should be written in red ink) for any "fun" stuff.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I'd be in. But I'll tell you up front I cannot draw!!! I could include photos though, tons of those. I think there's quite a few of us in this area too.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

This is a great Idea, I would like to participate. You might think about putting it online with a password to view the media, Just a thought. My son has a server if we need someone to host the site. We recently had a church reunion of the members that met in the old original chapel. This building was slated to be torn down, after over a hundred years of history, to make room for the expansion of what had become the largest church in the area. My history went back over 60 years. We had a photo copy book made of photos and member comments that ended up costing each member around $5. There are a lot of options open for the final collection of pages. I say go for it.

Fabulous idea!!! I'd love to participate. Maybe my kids will take a nibble off of my page so that they can participate too. Given the option, my lovebird Teacake would shred the entire thing. . .

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Sounds fun!

If we wanted to put something online eventually, couldn't each member scan their own work before they send it off, so we have a complete copy? If someone didn't have a scanner, the next person to get it could do their own and the previous person's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    Sounds fun!

If we wanted to put something online eventually, couldn't each member scan their own work before they send it off, so we have a complete copy? If someone didn't have a scanner, the next person to get it could do their own and the previous person's.
    Also, more people probably have a digital camera than a scanner, and can take a picture of their page if they want to, instead of a scan, before they send it along!
    I've Been Frosted

I will post a list of ideas on Monday about the book. IT's still a go for me, I just want to run some things past you all!

I went to pick up the books today, and am going to start two books for this project.

I think the first will go to Karen and Paul.

How will we coordinate who gets what, when?

I think we can have peope sign up and do it in that order, or?

Toss out ideas!

Sure, but what were the ideas you said you'd post today?
    I've Been Frosted