Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breeders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Echo dogs was founded in Indiana, which I am certain you know is still a state not a Canadian province.

So they are NOT the first Canadian White shepherd rescue......................

Here we go again!
    LOL my point exactly. I said the first Canadian White Shepherd Rescue in both my posts. I have no idea how or why she would think that would include an American rescue.
    Nicole

Yes Nicole- and I have had enough. I know what you went though with her breeding- and it was NOT A DOG that could produce a panda.

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Yes Nicole- and I have had enough. I know what you went though with her breeding- and it was NOT A DOG that could produce a panda.
    Exactly. We attempted to breed her to this stunning male:

His name is HoofPrint Wyndryder of Furrari

Here are some pics of their 3 days together.

Here is his page that I made if you would like to learn more about him:

http://giftofgracekennels.com/id51.html

Unfortunately this I am still learning and we sent Sheena too early. So she was not ready. Ryder and Sheena loved each other but since hubby could only afford to take 3 days off they could not attempt for a longer time. So Sheena ended up having a false pregnancy. But as you can see Ryder is indeed a White. And breeding white to white ONLY produces white. We will be trying later this spring with the same stud. Breeding is defiantely a learning experience.
    Nicole

After breeding for many years. I like applesmom could not bring myself to add to the problem. So I do rescue and foster.

The dedication Jordan talks about is the tip of the iceberg, there are also untold hours of worry, late night vet visits, clients that move and need to take the dog back, and being financially able to do it.

Breeders that make a living off breeding, are not a real species. Good breeders will tell you it is the most expensive and rewarding hobby in the world, but it is not a money maker!

Just my 2 cents
    Shoot- I loose serious amount of money.. lol.. If you add showing your dogs expenses, medical care, good food for the female and the pups, and shots, dewclaws, stud fee etc etc etc- I do not even want to know.. Not to mention my months at the whelping box and working with the pups..

Beautiful dogs!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLJ
    Exactly. We attempted to breed her to this stunning male:

His name is HoofPrint Wyndryder of Furrari

Here are some pics of their 3 days together.

Here is his page that I made if you would like to learn more about him:

http://giftofgracekennels.com/id51.html

Unfortunately this I am still learning and we sent Sheena too early. So she was not ready. Ryder and Sheena loved each other but since hubby could only afford to take 3 days off they could not attempt for a longer time. So Sheena ended up having a false pregnancy. But as you can see Ryder is indeed a White. And breeding white to white ONLY produces white. We will be trying later this spring with the same stud. Breeding is defiantely a learning experience.
    Nicole
    Yes NIcole- I know. That is why I posted what I did..

Shoot- I loose serious amount of money.. lol.. If you add showing your dogs expenses, medical care, good food for the female and the pups, and shots, dewclaws, stud fee etc etc etc- I do not even want to know.. Not to mention my months at the whelping box and working with the pups..
    LOL that is not all. Don't forget stud fees, STD tests for dam and sire, flight costs, and if you are not as blessed as we were then hotels and boarding and so forth. The costs are amazingly high to breed right. If good breeders sat down and seriously did the math I doubt very much any of them would say they are in it for the money. lol
    Nicole

Beautiful dogs!
    Thank you. I think they compliment each other very well and I can't wait to see the result in the puppies.
    Nicole

Yes NIcole- I know. That is why I posted what I did..
    I know. lol But I could not help taking the opportunity to show this gorgeous stud off. lol
    Nicole

I know. lol But I could not help taking the opportunity to show this gorgeous stud off. lol
    Nicole
    Are you going back to him? If you do having a flight- have her stay there 5 days after the breeding. The reason is stress will make the bitch absorb the litter... I always kept my bitch at the stud breed 5 days. Try that.

If we take that route then we will defiantely be keeping her there for a while. But we are really thinking of Doing AI and progestrone testing. That way we are sure to do it on the right day and no traveling for her which would mean less stress. But yes we are using the same stud.
    Nicole

If we take that route then we will defiantely be keeping her there for a while. But we are really thinking of Doing AI and progestrone testing. That way we are sure to do it on the right day and no traveling for her which would mean less stress. But yes we are using the same stud.
    Nicole
    Day 8 and 11 are the "gold days".. Keep that in mind..

Day 8 and 11 are the "gold days".. Keep that in mind..
    Actually not for Sheena it wasn't and that is why it didn't take. She was there on day 10 -day 13 and she never was receptive. She would flirt, play even stand for him, but as soon as he would get on she would dodge away and do a play bow. She was not receptive to a male till day 18-day 23. So with her it is later. And that is why even though they did AI there it did not take. She was not yet in standing heat. That is why this time we will be doing progesterone testing. That way no mistakes.
    Nicole

Mike- patience or not- you have no proof Nicole would have panda shepherds. Your activity to her threads is getting HIGHLY suspecious. Please do not pm me anymore.
    I can marry a coloured person and it doesn't guarantee that I will have a coloured child, come now. My neighbor is married to a loured person, they have two white children and one coloured. That's genetics.

As for the White Shepherd rescue you forgot to notice that I said it was founded in Cedar lakes which everyone knows is in the US. But we have two affiliate clubs here who are continuing mark's work because it meant so much to him. So yes, we do have two White Shepherd rescue clubs, unless his brother in law is lying to the press.

Actually not for Sheena it wasn't and that is why it didn't take. She was there on day 10 -day 13 and she never was receptive. She would flirt, play even stand for him, but as soon as he would get on she would dodge away and do a play bow. She was not receptive to a male till day 18-day 23. So with her it is later. And that is why even though they did AI there it did not take. She was not yet in standing heat. That is why this time we will be doing progesterone testing. That way no mistakes.
    Nicole
    Maybe she was past peak. Try day 3 and 8.