Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OY.... what to do?! #71 Sebastian Update

Oh my my such a wittle Cutie Pie.. Such a very lucky wittle boy that you found him.. I hope he gets over his cold soon.. Thats a good idea of taken him to the Vets.. Keep us posted ok.. Oh Yes Keep Him for sure..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Yep, he looks like a keep to me for sure!!!

He may have a slight respitory infection from being outside in the rain. The vet's magic antibiotic should clear that right up for him.

How sweet that he has his own pillow already. Doesn't take them long to move right into your house and heart does it?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

one issue has popped up.... LITTER BOX USAGE. Or non-usage.

Would it be good to crate train him so that he knows to use the litter box? I don't see any other way of doing it. I've been putting him in the litter box after eating, after sleeping, after playing... nada. He goes and poops in a corner instead, lol. Dave is NOT thrilled. Me, I just laugh and chalk it up to him being such a youngster. He's gotta be about 5 weeks old, just soooooo teeny tiny.

No names have stuck yet but Baby. Thinking of Finnegan the Flasher though! Thanks to Candace and Jen Luck's Charlie for that combo!!

How about putting the litter box in that corner? (save some of his poop and put it in that box) If that fails, then I would crate him and only let him out when I could watch him real close.. Catch him fixing to go, scoop him up and place him in the box and show him how to "dig" to hide his "goodies"... If you are consistant, he will get the idea..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Crating / confining in the bathroom for a time, all should help. A small area with the box and I agree with Laura's suggestion too, put some of HIS stuff in there.

Make sure he can jump in and out of it. At 5 weeks, he "may" be too little to get in some of them. Depends which type you have. Leaping OUT is always easier, lol.

When I was doing the rescue work, we kept the small ones in a large crate and used a Cool Whip container as a litter box, so they could climb UP and in, as the young ones love to climb. Heck, the adults do too, but for different reasons, ha ha.

What a handsome gray / white boy! He is so lucky Dave stopped to investigate!

I put the litter box (it's a tiny one they had at the pet store) in the corner where he went first, but I can't fit it under the racks where he went the 2nd time, lol. I keep putting him in it, digging with his paws and all that good stuff. He's a sneaky little sucker, that's for sure, cause it's not until after he's gone that I notice it!

He's curled up in the sunshine right now. His eyes are looking a little better, sniffles a little better, but I'm calling on monday to get him into the vet. Just want to get a good place, so am asking my mom which one she prefers of the two that I know of. Saw both online, and both got mixed reviews. I'd take him to allentown, but that's an awful far trek for just a check up. 5 mins away is much more manageable for up here. It's the country so finding a vet isn't hard, but finding a good one is.

When I have litter trained a cat for the first time, I put them in the box and take their front paws and do the 'digging' motion in the litter. They always seemed to catch on right away.

Putting the box in the 'poop' corner just might help.

Good luck - looking forward to more pics!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hmmm... he's not getting the digging motion with his paws. Maybe 5 weeks is too young for that??? Or he's special ed?? LOL. He's just so stinkin' cute and sweet. Falls asleep right in my hand!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    . Falls asleep right in my hand!

Awww. Yup, get him in to the vet, something to help clear up what ails him, and he will be a right spit fire!

Sorry I can't help. I've actually never box trained a cat before. Or if I have it was so long ago I don't remember.
    Cathy trained Paizly before I got her (Thank you Cathy!!), and Jax was trained when I got him too.
    I know a friend had a kitten and they would just grab her and put her in the box every time she even looked like she was thinking about going potty. That's probably what I would do. And when you can't watch him keep him in the crate or bathroom with the box. But others have already said this.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    When I have litter trained a cat for the first time, I put them in the box and take their front paws and do the 'digging' motion in the litter. They always seemed to catch on right away.

Putting the box in the 'poop' corner just might help.

Good luck - looking forward to more pics!
    That's just what I was going to suggest too. I also sometimes put a bit of their poop from where they made the mess, into their litter box. That helps them realize that is their place to potty. Good Luck!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Right now the issue is space. I'm in a cabin without a working bathroom and NO running water!!! It's really roughing it for me, so imagine it for the kitten, lol. We have a living room and a bedroom, and a kitchen. The area for the bathroom is there but there is no door. The whole cabin at this point is accessible to the kitten (which I think is not good), but he can't really get into any small places (there are none), and he won't get lost. It's too small to lose him in, lol.

When I go to Allentown on Monday, I'm picking up my crate and bringing it back with me. It'll be cramped in the living room, but it will be easier to train the kitten. He's just so small. It's amazing he was ok out in that rain storm we had. When Dave found him he was emaciated, no belly or anything. Now he eats like crazy. I have him on Royal Canin Babycat catfood dry and the wet intuitive canned food. He loves the canned, and nibbles at the dry. It's really small stuff, the dry food, so I think he'll be fine with it. I know Jen Luckenbach uses Babycat by RC, so I trust it.

Will post pics on Monday when I get to download them. He's so freaking cute, I just want to hold him all the time. He lets me too, lol. Still no name, but that's ok. I want to see a personality first.

I would try a litter box in the corner where he goes or some newspaper so the floor isn't stained. He obviously is not sure what that box of sand is for yet with with love and patience he will soon divine it's purpose!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm using the crystals for his litter... maybe I should change that to regular litter???

yes - maybe just use regular clay litter for now; it might be more like what he's used to because it's earth-like. Once he gets the idea, then try the crystals.

Looking forward to pics!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda