Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ads

Hi C.C.'s Mom - Yes we do get it here through the Sky Digital Network. Check with your supplier though before you buy the box. It's a lot to shell out and then find the it's not available.
    Good luck

Lynne.

Originally posted by RachelJ
    When you talk to the folks at Animal Planet, Paul, ask them how people can get their cable company to carry that channel. ATT Broadband is the provider in my area and requests for Animal Planet fall on deaf ears, meanwhile we are overrun with sports channels. ick ick ick (sorry sports fans).
    Rachel,
    We have ATT broadband too and we get animal planet. It must be the individual divisions that select what to carry???

O.K. - so the ads BLINK - but it is for Animal Planet. That channel is so good - they can do anything they want in my book.

The New York Times has a British Airways ad - and when you click on an article, the article comes in sideways so you have a chance to see the wonderful ad first......and you have to wait to read your article.

I am just afraid that in the not too far future, you will have to spend all of your time closing blinking boxes (no swear words intended) before you can get to what you want to read.

Just been talking to daughter Diane and she informs me that the Animal Planet shown in USA is different to ours here in UK.

AND I've noticed that ours goes off air at midnight - so no recording at 2am! Oh well.

Lynne

I came back to make the *preaching to the choir* statement as well, but I see Pam already beat me to it. hehe.

Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer

Rachel,
    We have ATT broadband too and we get animal planet. It must be the individual divisions that select what to carry???
    Paul and I do not get Animal Planet because of the town we live in, Newton. The towns around it do get Animal Planet, but we've been told repeatedly that it's something to do with geography, that makes it almost impossible. They have had many requests for the channel, and told me they are working on getting it to us "really soon." Sigh. But call and ask your provider! And your town/city hall! Bug them - and you may get results!

Did anyone see the ads. ?
    As I was told, we had completley different programmes.
    Boo.,

Lynne

I thoroughly enjoyed the show - it was on in California at 8PM and then repeated at 9PM.

If I hadn't seen the ads of Pet Talk - I would have missed the show.

Thank you - maybe we could have more ads for Animal Planet?

I really enjoyed the show and might have missed it if you hadn't run the ad. Thank you so much. Richard taped it. I flipped back and forth between Pet Psychic and Gilmore Girls starting at 7, then watched it all over again at 8.

Right on with Animal Planet ads!