Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do your dogs have a lot of toys?

Nope, as a matter of fact, he DOESN'T! My parents say "No way am I buying that, he already had too many!!" so I am forced to buy toys for him. I don't get that much money!! He only has about 4 squeakies, 4 plushies, and 6 balls!

Niņo & Eliza

oh yeah. Im guilty. haha Ive only had brock for a year & a half and when I moved last month it took 2 people to carry the huge box full off all his stuff- mostly toys (and clothes! )
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

Snowy only has 3-4 toys at a time. I usually replace her toys after a period of time.

BTW, look at Maximus... he can have any toy he wants but he's happy playing with a water bottle funny dog!

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Tobey has loads of toys but this has always been a favourite......closely followed by Brody
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bijou has about six or seven -- the best toys are her rope toys, her Kongs and her Nylabones. She's a strong chewer so no stuffies here -- even rubber squeakies don't last long because she tears them apart (we got her a Dino Cuz and she tore off the feet and a few of the spikes in the first two hours!). I do love shopping for her though, so I buy something new maybe once a month. She loves balls but those are outside toys -- she tosses them in the air and chases them which means that my living room furniture is at risk if she plays with them in the house!

Originally posted by k9krazee
    We don't have very many, toys get thrown away about every week and bought whenever we gp to Wal-mart or the dollar store, the only problem is that the dogs destroy them and de-stuff them before we can buy more!
    Same here. Gracie only has a handful of toys. We took most of her toys outside for her. I think she has 3 indoor toys, and about 5 outdoor toys. We need to get her more though. It's just hard to find a toy she can not destroy.

not really. i use to buy foxy a new toy every second week or so, but i stoped because he desn't play with them. i've tried using them in agility training to make them more fun, but he still doesn't like them. i've bought him balls, squicky toys, soft toys and all sort of other ones. at agility trials they usually give away toys at the end of the trial and whenever i get one i just give it to someone else.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

Oh, Blaze has toys ALL over...from squeeky toys, to tennis balls and bones, etc...that dog just loves and protects his toys!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Yep! They have two large baskets in the den that are filled up to the top with squeaky toys, stuffies, frisbees, kongs, tennis balls, etc. I'm constantly finding more toys all over the house that I didn't even know they had. They've also got some toys to play with in the backyard (mostly tennis balls).. who knows HOW many are out there!

Mine don't have many toys, they seem to use each other as toys most of the time! Speedo is ball crazy, so I bought him a few tennis balls. He spends all his time at the dogpark carrying them around. Sherman had a really cool glo-ball, but Star took it away from him eons ago and he doesn't seem to be too interested in anything that isn't edible. Star has her "squeaky babies" in the house-a few stuffed (or rather un-stuffed) toys. she gets really possesive about "her" toys (aren't they all hers? ) so I keep them separate.

This was too sweet. I had to post it.....

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Oh my gosh yes.....literally hundreds.....it's insane how many toys he has. I think I could open my own pet store. Pretty much any toy you name, he has it.

Sometimes Petco (where I work) clearances toys for really cheap plus I get a 20% discount so I totally stock up when that happens. Plus gift swaps and if I see a toy that I find amusing I'm usually tempted to buy it.

Nebo doesn't destroy toys anymore (he was quite the toy murderer as a pup but I guess he grew out of it...) so yeah when I buy new ones it just keeps building up. I saved the ones he put holes in for a while but I ended up just giving them to my friend for her dogs to finish off instead of sewing them up.

Has anyone else gone to do laundry and found a few toys in their pile of clothes? It seems I find 2-3 everytime I do laundry.

Gonzo has a basket-full in the living room and a bone-shaped toy box full in my room. On top of those that are in *his* shelves in the laundry room. Waay too many, I feel soo strange when I go to Petsmart and literally have to search to find a toy that he doesn't have

Kay, I *always* find toys in my clothes pile, my closet when I clean it out, under my bed..... especially tennis balls

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz