Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logan to the whitecoats

Logan's follow up visit is today at 5:30. Hopefully he's gained some weight.

He was eating a half a can at first but the last 3 days both have only ate about a 1/4 of a can each or have just picked at it. Oiy cats!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Isn't it typical - the cats we want to gain weight don't, but the cats we want to lose weight seem to gain it instead! Good luck at the whitecoats, Logan!
    I've Been Frosted

Logan gained a pound! He goes back in two weeks to see if the trend continues.

Good eating Logan!!!! Keep it up sweetie.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

i'm glad Logan is putting the weight back on. I know how frustrating weight issues are in cats. I have the "two cats with weight problems" scenario at my house. Ming is 22 lbs. and I have him on a healthy diet, but he won't lose weight for anything. Mac can get bony so I get ready to take him to the vet and then he suddenly starts to gain weight. He always eats well so I don't think it's teeth. He puts weight on sometimes, so I don't think it's thyroid. He's happy, active, doesn't drink or pee too much or too little, and always has a great appetite. I think he just likes to worry me!

Keep up the weight gain, Logan!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    i'm glad Logan is putting the weight back on. I know how frustrating weight issues are in cats. I have the "two cats with weight problems" scenario at my house. Ming is 22 lbs. and I have him on a healthy diet, but he won't lose weight for anything. Mac can get bony so I get ready to take him to the vet and then he suddenly starts to gain weight. He always eats well so I don't think it's teeth. He puts weight on sometimes, so I don't think it's thyroid. He's happy, active, doesn't drink or pee too much or too little, and always has a great appetite. I think he just likes to worry me!

Keep up the weight gain, Logan!
    Yeah, that's what I mean! Don;t you wish you could magically balance them out?

So glad Logan gained a pound, good job!
    I've Been Frosted

Logan is now 11 pounds.

He's doing great!

Good news! Wonderful!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

This is wonderful news.

Good boy Logan, eating for mom and gaining weight!
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Good to hear Logan is gaining weight

Fantastic!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Another follow up today.

Zam was supposed to have her kidney values re-checked, but they couldn't get any blood from the 'granny veins' in her leg. They tried her neck, but she wasn't having any of that. Since her values were normal last time, we're just going to leave her be. The vet said she could tranqualize Zam, but that would be just unnecessary stress when she's overall healthy. The first time her kidney level was elevated, it wasn't that high, hence the second follow up where it was normal. It was likely she had a cold or something.

Logan lost some weight. He's now 10.5 lbs. Not sure if we're dealing with a thyroid, kidney, or other issue. He goes back in a month for another weight check. If he has lost more weight, then we're going to have his blood sent out to test his thyroid values first. His breathing and heart rate are normal.

We suspect a lot of it is just old age, but if it's the onset of something going on with his thyroid or kidneys, we want to catch it as soon as possible.

I hope Logan gets a clean bill of health. Weight loss can be puzzling. Mac has lost a couple of pounds in his old age (he's in his teens now), and the last time he was at the vets he was fine. If he loses any more weight I will get the money to take him to the vets somehow. Right now he is holding steady, even gaining a bit. He's the most playful and active of my cats so maybe he is okay. Anyway, I'm keeping Logan in my thoughts and prayers.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Wouldn't you think that they would have found out about kidney problems already- that is so easy to diagnose. 10.5 lb is really a very thin kitty- I hope you find out what' s going on.
    All the best for your little boy.