Page 18 of 150 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by just me
    Its a rainy day here in N.C.
    My husband brought home Sin City, and The Longest yard.
    Ill let you know what we think.
    Yeah, please do, especially on Sin City. It's really different, so keep that in mind. I loved it, though! I like it when movies are filmed with the use of different mediums...like some animation, some live action, etc. I haven't seen the Longest Yard, yet, but, i have heard it's funny!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Serenity. I just got home a few minutes ago from watching it at the theater. If you are a fan of Star Wars, especially the first two (Episodes 4 & 5), you should check it out. It's good like they were...campy, great effects, awesome fight scenes, cool costumes...

And, the music was really good, but, not at all what I would have expected from a sci fi film. The music didn't fit, but, it was perfect, if that makes any sense. Anyway, it was a fun film!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Last night I watched a film called Powder, starring Sean Patrick Flanery as a young albino boy with unique powers. Jeff Goldblum has a small part in it too. I really liked the film, it made me cry in parts too which I don't do that often.

Cold Mountain is waiting in the wings for this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    Last night I watched a film called Powder, starring Sean Patrick Flanery as a young albino boy with unique powers. Jeff Goldblum has a small part in it too. I really liked the film, it made me cry in parts too which I don't do that often.

Cold Mountain is waiting in the wings for this weekend.
    I loved Powder! Sean Patrick Flanery is so good in it! (On a side note, he's in one of my favorite movies called The Boondock Saints!) Powder made me cry, too. I didn't really like Cold Mountain, but, it's worth seeing!

Just finished watching THE CLEARING, was an ok movie, not the most exciting or anything, but I like Robert Redford, it was pretty predicatable and nothing to write home about, but still it was reasonable., Helen Mirren did a pretty good American accent I thought., for a Brit.

I have seen Cold Mountain, I think you will enjoy it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    I loved Powder! Sean Patrick Flanery is so good in it! (On a side note, he's in one of my favorite movies called The Boondock Saints!)
    Thanks for the tip, I've just found it and put it on my A list.

Watched Cold Mountain on Sunday and I have to say it left me cold, (okay, I can hear you all ).

Today they sent me Monty Python and the Holy Grail and also The Boondock Saints. Methinks I have some good watching ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    Watched Cold Mountain on Sunday and I have to say it left me cold, (okay, I can hear you all ).

Today they sent me Monty Python and the Holy Grail and also The Boondock Saints. Methinks I have some good watching ahead.
    Yeah, I didn't like Cold Mountain. Have you ever seen the Holy Grail? That's one of my favorite comedies...another one that you should see if you like goofy stuff is Young Frankenstein...it's Mel Brooks, so, it's really silly. I hope you like the Boondock Saints, it is pretty intense, with some really bloody scenes. I think it's awesome, though...the way it's filmed and the score behind it. Wow. And, two hot Irish boys, that's all I really need, anyway. My favorite scene (the music is really cool!) is with the toilet. Ha ha. I hope you like it!

I watched Lost in Translation a couple nights ago, I love that film. Bill Murray is just the bomb. And, I watched Chicago last night, what a fun, colorful movie!

kari you mean you watched that boring movie again, lol, I am just kiddin ya, I know how much you liked it and I didn't, cold mountain was ok I thought, nothing to write home about, but i did not hate it, tell me ChrisH and Kari what was it you disliked about it.?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I just watched Just Like Heaven starring Resse Witherspoon. I liked it a lot. Very good movie that has many laughs and is a tear jerker in some parts. Will watch it again.
    Last edited by dogzr#1; 07-08-2006 at 03:08 PM.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

I watched The Station Agent again the other night. Its the second time I've seen and its a really good movie.

Kari, I also like Lost In Translation. Good movie.

i'm going to go watch elizabethtown
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

All the movies sound great!There has been a lot of movies mentioned in this thread. This is page 54 of this thread. I guess you all love to go to the movies or rent them,,,So do I. I just finished watching The Interpreter with Nicole Kidman, and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I cried in the second one. The friends were touching in the movie.

I saw In Her Shoes last night. I really enjoyed it!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    ... cold mountain was ok I thought, nothing to write home about, but i did not hate it, tell me ChrisH and Kari what was it you disliked about it.?
    I can't say I disliked it, just that I found it kind of boring.
    Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Have you ever seen the Holy Grail? That's one of my favorite comedies...another one that you should see if you like goofy stuff is Young Frankenstein...it's Mel Brooks, so, it's really silly.
    The Holy Grail is the one I have.
    Not sure that I would like Young Frankenstein, I'm not keen on Mel Brooks.
    I like the two Python films maybe because it is a sort of British (?) humour. I'm not a massive Python fan but I do love some or the sketches they did in the tv series, The Ministry of Silly Walks, The Dead Parrot, Micheal Palin's Lumberack song to name a few. I loved John Cleese's Fawlty Towers tv series too.