Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The 2006 Winter Cat-olympics

Ebby sweetheart! What a cathlete! WOW! Are the UK team on form or what?! I expect our medal haul to be HUGE!

2. Do I see a tiny little tail hanging out of your mouth?????

]The first Judging scandal has erupted!

Mount Vesuvius has nothing on this late breaking scandal that has taken place at the Hiding Venue

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Van10
    *BUMP*

Any more contestants?

Please accept late entrants in the following CAT-agories.

Ribbon dancing, by Orangina

Curling, by Lilla

New apparatus, by Snowy

Balance beam, by Snowy

The first Judging scandal has erupted!

Mount Vesuvius has nothing on this late breaking scandal that has taken place at the Hiding Venue!

Ebby, the participant from Wales, is being questioned about a move made during the Hiding competition!

Never in the history of the Games has anyone pulled the "Cheshire Cat" move in international competition.

The judge was stunned and had to really examine the replays-

I have never seen anything like THAT before.....usually they hide BEHIND SOMETHING......

A ruling is expected soon!

Olly welcomed into the Cat-thele's village

After a scary start to the Games, Olly has been welcomed with open paws and maws into the village....Some of the Cats joked with Olly by posing with his head in their mouths.....Olly stated, "I understand the excitement at the opening ceremonies....all is forgiven!"

Giant Crate mystery solved!

According to Games Officials the mystery crate, that caused such a panic at the village was none other that a giant box of Nip, Temptations and Whiskas cat food.....Cat-theletes pooled their money to bring over stuff to trade with the other members of the Games!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Here are some pictures of Tux competing in the wrestling event. . .

Tux vs Fabian Fox - Round 1 -

stay tuned for the outcome of the 1st round and for round 2. . .
    Van
    Tux and Pesca's meowmie

I have watched many Olympic games over the years, but undoubtly, these have been the very best! LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I can hardly wait to hear who won medals in the first events.
    There are so many brave cathletes here!

Filou and Tigris are pushing their coach to enter them so here we go:

Winter piling:

(I am not sure whether Californians are as good in this discipline as Germans or Canadians )

Symmetrical synchronised sitting:

Tigris wants to compete in hiding (sorry the place where he does it does not look very olympic )

I think he shows a perfectly hidden middle here- quite difficult to perform:

And some more wrestling:

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    The first Judging scandal has erupted!

Mount Vesuvius has nothing on this late breaking scandal that has taken place at the Hiding Venue!
    Ebby, the participant from Wales, is being questioned about a move made during the Hiding competition!
    Never in the history of the Games has anyone pulled the "Cheshire Cat" move in international competition.

The judge was stunned and had to really examine the replays-
    I have never seen anything like THAT before.....usually they hide BEHIND SOMETHING......

A ruling is expected soon!
    Before any ruling is made (hopefully) Ebby would like to point out that she has performed this move many times in her home country, both some success and sometimes none ..

.... and naturally assumed the move was just as valid in international events. Having said that she wishes to state that she will abide with any ruling against her. In fact, she is seriously considering withdrawing that particulat entry as it appears she is the only competitor performing this move and so has no competition!

Oh no! Can the judges help some very eager athletes enter the games, even if a bit late? Meowmie has been beside herself with work that she has not had time to get their tickets together for the flight over! Can you take pity on some young talent and allow them to participate in the games?

If so, what events are next so the kitties can begin to warm up!

Wow, Filou and Tigris are pure beauties!!!! They definitely have my votes in the winter piling and symetrical sitting (...and for hiding and wrestling too! )

I’m very impressed with Samantha in her curling exsersize, the viewers are watching in suspense whether she will slide down or not.

Juni’s wrestling skills are something else, but you can see how she concentrates - she’s sure to win a medal! Norbert and Pippin are doing excellent too. Peppito and Jasmine are looking really dangerous, we better keep a close eye on them! Cleo is quite a determined wrestler too.
    However, I see that Tigris and Filou are also a part of this event, and I know they can be pretty tough, so everything can happen here.

Seeing Filou boxing is definately worth going all the way to Canada for, he is certainly in a class of his own! And Felix is right there in the same class! Wow! If only Tigris could get his nose out of that nip, he would have a very good chance!

Storm and Sunny seem to be introducing us to a new level of boxing, that is quite a stunt, but I think with the effort Sky puts into it, he’ll be the one from that family who takes a medal in this discipline.

Gina’s Arcs gang are bound to win a medal for the syncronised sitting - what a great show they put on, and they’re so cute looking too!

In syncronised eating, I expect Starr, Pearl, Storm, and Sky take the prize!

Felix is hiding really well, I’ll give him extra points because he is so inventive. You can see that Storm is taking this hiding event very serious, and you can see that he’s enjoying it immensely. CJ seems to be a real PRO, no one is going to find him easily! And we all know that little Peanut has been practising this for a long, long time, so she certainly knows what it's about!
    Maya has got hiding down to perfection, I just hope that no birds will get injured.
    We don’t want to disqualify Luke, but he seems to think that if he close his eyes, no one will be able to see him - too funny. His brother on the other hand, has a very good chance!
    Sam and Daisy are just being too smart for us, they go and hide where it’s dark. Is that cheating or what! LOL!
    Ebby, I’m also very impressed with your hiding spot, I bet it took a LONG time to find you.
    Tigris, I just saw your ingenious way of hiding, this will surely get you some points!
    In this discipline, I’d like to point out that Fister has been training hard too.

In the syncronised sleeping event, I know that Maya and Inka has a LOT of practise, but so have Edwina and Eddie. However, I think they’ll go home with a medal in syncronised sitting, as they are perfect! But we must not forget that Filou and Tigris are equally trained in this!

Oh, I do hope there’ll be a dancing event, I’m sure Zazou will sweep that one together with Orangina. What a pair!

When it comes to the Balancing beam event, I hardly dare look at miss Edwina up there, as I happen to know how far down it is - but more about that in due time.
    Last edited by Randi; 02-16-2006 at 09:59 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Round 1 of the wrestling event ended with a tie. . .

Now on to Round 2...

*Tux pins the fox to the mat* The referee is called, he gets down beside them and calls out: 1, 2, 3. . Tweeeeeeeepppp. . .. (blows whistle)

Tux is the winner!!!!!

Van
    Tux and Pesca's meowmie

Accusations against danish referee didn't hold out

Another scandal was about to evolve at the catolympics yesterday when a danish referee was accused of playing a part in the disappearance of the olympics mascot:

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary

Do I see a tiny little tail hanging out of your mouth?????
    As it turned out shortly afterwards that the mascot's disappearance was due to treatments following a nervous breakdown, the danish referee has now been completely exonerated.

"I couldn't believe my own ears, when I heard the accusations!" the referee said later today. "I am well domesticated, and as the athlete in question should very well know, I wouldn't dream of eating af raw mouse!"

Love,
    Sus!
    Sus

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    Maya has got hiding down to perfection, I just hope that no birds will get injured.
    LOL, this is Inka, Randi . And no, no birds got injured. After I took that pic (to have proof ), I chased Inka out of the birdhouse! She never tried to get in there again
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge