Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Horse Trivia

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    Guess the colors
    #1:
    #2:
    #3:
    All are still up for guessing. Sorry Equine, but I just noticed that you DID get number 2 wrong. Sorry, I got mixed-up before.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

LOL. I just realized that if I got #2 right it would have been a fluke cause I can't see it, it is an X. And numer three is not a perlino, since the legs are darker than the body. I have seen the first color before but I can't remember what it is called. I am going to do some research.
    Job 12:7-10 : But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you, which of all these does not know, that the hand of the Lord has done this? In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. (NIV)

Could #3 be a smokey creme? Like tis cutie?

Job 12:7-10 : But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you, which of all these does not know, that the hand of the Lord has done this? In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. (NIV)

#1, is it a Champagne? I trained a beautiful mare a couple years ago who looked similar to this one you posted.

I will try to guess the horse colors.
    I think #1 is a Champagne too
    I think #2 is like a lighter shade of Dun either a pale dun or cream dun?
    I think #3 is a Perlino, is that what you thought too Equine?

I will come back soon with a new question for you to answer.

Equine, I like the pics of your Morgans! So when is the foal due? You will have to post pics.
    I look forward to seeing pics of your Arab soon.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Yes, Vermontcat, you are correct. Would you like to post some questions?? I wish and delidog would post more questions!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Yeah, I could only see 1 and 2, and thought one of them, most likely 3 was, a perlino. But the legs didn't quite look right to me. The little horse I posted a pic of that is a smokey creme looks alot like #3, and I got it from the Cremello and Perlino site. That was my second guess.

YLL you got me going on the color thing now. I was looking last year at all kinds of color sites cause the mare who was preg in the pics I posted was bred to a black who's dam was buckskin. I was trying to see if we would get anything different by chance. As it were, she is different, a really unique coffee bean color, but her mane is all different colors, black, red, yellow.... I will get a shot of her tomorrow when I go see her. I gave her to my husband's best friend. She is 6 months old now. The gal I bought her dam from owned the stallion, and "got tired of the mare and stud going crazy every time she came in heat", so one Halloween weekend, put them in the pasture together! NOT the way I would have gone about it, especially since the mare was only 2 at the time! Poor girl had to feed the foal and try to finish her growing. Just too much if you ask me. But she came through great, and on Sept 26, had Princess Isabella, the biggest brat, but so cute!

Vermontcat, thanks for the compliment! I love my girl, Roxy, she is my first purebred Morgan, even though I have trained quite a few. She is just perfect for me. I am dreaming of the stud I will breed her to some day to get my next baby. Won't be for a couple years, but I love to dream! And, those pics YLL put up has got me back to the old color sites I found. Here are a couple links, really fun and informational!

Champagne Horse Registry

Cremello & Perlino Educational Association

Ok I have one new question for now.

Name the famous artist who is known for his bronze sculptures, paintings and illustrations of the American West of the late 1800's.
    A couple of hints,
    He was actually born in upstate NY.
    One of his more famous bronze sculptures is called "Rattlesnake".

I like his work, I hope you all do too.

Equine, I will PM you about some Morgan stuff.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08

Milly & Izzy

Oh Vermontcat!!!!
    You always stump me!!!!
    I know exactly who you mean...can see the work...might even have owned some at one time...Cannot Remember theName!!!!!
    It must be an Age thing!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Originally posted by delidog
    Oh Vermontcat!!!!
    You always stump me!!!!
    I know exactly who you mean...can see the work...might even have owned some at one time...Cannot Remember theName!!!!!
    It must be an Age thing!!!!
    You and me both. I know the art, but don't remember the name. I can see the bronze "Rattlesnake" in my head, neat peice of work. But WHO is it?

Ok, I will give another clue
    His first name is Frederick. His last name is the more famous one.
    We have a museum here in Vermont that has some of his bronze sculptures and they are beautiful and some are quite large!( I saw them last summer)
    If you still can't guess I will post the answer and a link later today.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08

Milly & Izzy

I have some more new questions

1) What breed of horse are the famous Budweiser horses?
    2) What breed of horse does actor William Shatner (Capt. Kirk of Star Trek) own?
    3) What is the Coggins Test and which horses must take it?
    4)What breeds make up Appendix Quarter Horses? What 3 kinds of horses can be registered as American Quarter Horses?
    5)What 2 breeds make up Anglo-Arabs?

I think they are a good mix of questions so hopefully you guys can answer them. I will give you guys more time to answer my other question too.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08

Milly & Izzy

My guesses:

1) Clydesdales- I got to pet them at the Missouri State Fair
    2) Saddlebreds & Quarter Horses
    3) A coggins test is when they screen the blood for the nasty virus called " Equine Infectious Anemia". All horses traveling through other states, and for events must have a coggins test done.
    4) If I remember correctly a Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse makes an Appendix Quarter Horse.

I'll leave some questions open for others.

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    My guesses:

1) Clydesdales- I got to pet them at the Missouri State Fair
    2) Saddlebreds & Quarter Horses
    3) A coggins test is when they screen the blood for the nasty virus called " Equine Infectious Anemia". All horses traveling through other states, and for events must have a coggins test done.
    4) If I remember correctly a Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse makes an Appendix Quarter Horse.

I'll leave some questions open for others.
    Good job YLL!
    All are correct! For number 2, I was just thinking of the Saddlebreds but he probably has some QH's too.
    For number 3, I just want to add that the test is required by law on any horse to be sold, shown or brought across state lines.(like you said)
    The 2nd part of question 4 and question 5 still need to be answered as well as my previous question about the cowboy artist.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08

Milly & Izzy

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    What 3 kinds of horses can be registered as American Quarter Horses?
    5)What 2 breeds make up Anglo-Arabs?

I will give you guys more time to answer my other question too.
    Quite Frankly, I give up on the artist question. I am horrible with people names. Tell me the name of a horse, I know who it is, but people....

As for the second part of #4: Paints, Appys, and Thoroughbreds?

and #5: Thoroughbred and Arabian, but has to maintain the 50/50 blood, I think, right?

Pics of Roxy and the little Princess Isabella coming soon....oh, and one of fuzzy Zon the Arab.