Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

I have messaged my local friend again who loves cats and has contacts and friends in OK. Fingers crossed!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You just must let us help you with some expenses

Really, really, really. I think the other kittens are going to need to be wormed etc. soon. The vet may just let you deworm them yourself, giving you the meds to take home, but then I don't know for your vet. Each vet works his/her own ideas about office visits. Needless to say, they will all need a visit soon. Please let us send you some dough to offset these expenses? It would ease my mind a little. I know they need to find homes too, but until then, they need to stay healthy.

You are such an angel.
    Last edited by sasvermont; 06-09-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: ??

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    Really, really, really. I think the other kittens are going to need to be wormed etc. soon. The vet may just let you deworm them yourself, giving you the meds to take home, but then I don't know for your vet. Each vet works his/her own ideas about office visits. Needless to say, they will all need a visit soon. Please let us send you some dough to offset these expenses? It would ease my mind a little. I know they need to find homes too, but until then, they need to stay healthy.

You are such an angel.
    Yor are right. Their health has to come first. It will take me forever to get all there shots by myself. I'm praying none of the others comes down with Chip's bug.

Anyone who would like to contribute, pm me and I'll send the info. Of course, all of you, whether you donate or not, are their honory godparents!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I'm so glad that you were able to get Chip to the vets quickly. I hope he'll feel better soon and that no one else will come down with this bug.

I sent you a pm and I'd love to donate. Would your vet's office let us call them so we could then send them donations over the phone through our credit cards? We've done this in the past for other PT'ers and it's worked out quite well. This way the money gets to you much faster. I don't have a paypal account any more and I really don't want one. If not then I'll just have to send you a check by mail.

Also see if your vet could maybe give you a discount towards the kittens shots, vet visit, deworming etc. It doesn't hurt to ask. This way you could hopefully bring all 5 in at the same time.

I'm so sorry that the lady at the SPCA is just ignoring you. I had a feeling that this wouldn't go any where. When the kittens have their shots and vet exam etc., then there will be more options for transport. You can also ask your vet about a vet certificate and whatever else they might need. I think it has to be done no sooner than a 1 week before travel. Then they could possibly be transported by an animal transport service or by plane if you receive enough donations. Hopefully some kind of tranport system will work out.

Momcat-

Please send me a PM I just got this and if they can help this would be wonderful!!!

Hello. My name is Sue and I am the secretary for Friends of Felines in Wichita KS. I have read the posts sent to us and need to know where the kittens are and where I would need to take them. I have a larger carrier that would be comfortable for them at least on one leg of the trip. Please give me more information but I think I can help.

Sue
    Friends of Felines

I'm going to the bank today.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Anikaca77 I just sent you a couple of pms.

Thank you all so much for helping us out.
    My vet's office doesn't like the donations sent right to them because of the book keeping involved and the risk of putting it in the wrong account. (they have lots of temp help)
    So any donations will have to go through me. All money will be used for the kits. They send you all tons of kitty kisses and thanks for all you are doing. Even just keeping us in your thoughts and prayers is a major help. It's what keeps me going.

Now, Mr Chip is back to his ornery little self this morning. He even managed to sneak in and say HI to the big kits before I grabbed him.

We do have another task though: we need to name the two orangie babies. They will need names for their shot records. One is a boy and the other is a girl. I'll try and sneak pics of them so you can give me name ideas. My brain is blank right now.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

New Baby Pics

Looks like I need to swab out some kit ears.
    Enjoy:

Chuck and Chip

The orangie twins: the girl is on the left.

Little boy orangie:

Little boy orangie making faces at the camera. He's all boy alright!

Little girl Orangie. She is darker than the boy, just a bit.

Miss Carmela
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

AWWWWW!!!! They're all so adorable. It sure would hard for me to choose only 2 of them. I'd like to put in a name request in honor of my RB Sunny. Either one could be named Sunny or Sunshine in his honor since it's a unisex name.

I sure hope that Sue from Friends of Felines will be able to help out for at least part of the transport and maybe she'll know someone else who would be able to go the rest of the way more towards Helene. I'll write my donation check today so you can hopefully expect it by Sat. or Mon.'s mail.

They are all adorable!

OK-if you're going the "Sun" route...Sunshine and Moonbeam? Or...another obvious set - Nala and Simba? They may be over-used but they came to mind.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

OMG.. my orangie fave is a girl!!.. haha.. they are all so cute but darker orangie always have struck me .. so cute!!

hmm.. names...I´ve always had a thing for WILDFIRE for a red/orange pet.. and reading about the Sun theme.. the Sun is kinda Wildfire.. lol

the other one could be Colorado.. means red coloured..:P

at first when I saw one of he blackies named Chip.. immediately thought the other one would be Dale.. lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

How about Apollo for the little orange guy

Maybe....Fiona for the girl.

I just got this e-mail from another rescue....

Depending from where in OK and when I could possibly help out
    I live in Claremore-northeast of Tulsa. I would be willing to drive to Sherman.

This is what I sent to Sue:

Hi Sue-

The kittens are in Fort Scott, KS right now and we need to get them to OK City or even east of there and the lady from Texas will then meet whoever in OK City or east of there.

Do you know of anyone in OK that would help out with this or something??

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.

Melissa

She would be willing to Drive to Sherman.. OMG that is Great Great.. Sherman is north of me on the TX & OK border.. I can do that for sure.. Now she would need a transport for Ft Scott right & then to her?? Karen has given me a man's name to Email that might can help too.. Oh gosh I really still hoping we can make this happen.. All paws crossed please.. Yes Melissa I like your suggested names..
    Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    How about Apollo for the little orange guy

Maybe....Fiona for the girl.

I just got this e-mail from another rescue....

Depending from where in OK and when I could possibly help out
    I live in Claremore-northeast of Tulsa. I would be willing to drive to Sherman.

This is what I sent to Sue:

Hi Sue-

The kittens are in Fort Scott, KS right now and we need to get them to OK City or even east of there and the lady from Texas will then meet whoever in OK City or east of there.

Do you know of anyone in OK that would help out with this or something??

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.

Melissa

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I like Sunny for the boy and Tangy (for Tangerine) for the little girl! If I lived closer and no one could take her, the little girl would be mine!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

And here all I could think of was Sunny and Cher!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie