Thread: movies you watched today

I have just been to see Final Destination 5 on 3D, my first ever 3D movie, it was a goodie, but beware not for the faint hearted, i did miss a few bits of the movie, due to the fact i am faint hearted, but i enjoyed it all the same, 3D is awesome, i am hooked.,we have a new movie cinema just opened in our mall complex, which has the great big xtremescreen, so it was pretty amazing.

I also went to see JANE EYRE a couple of weeks ago, very good movie, if you know the storyline, just the same, but well acted, moving film.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We watched Thor the other day - it's out on DVD now, so we got it from Redbox - gotta love that one dollar fee!

It was really good, surprisingly so, and pretty decent at following some of the actual Norse mythology.
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We watched Thor the other day - it's out on DVD now, so we got it from Redbox - gotta love that one dollar fee!

It was really good, surprisingly so, and pretty decent at following some of the actual Norse mythology.
    I was surprised by that movie, too! It was fantastic! I only checked it out because of the cast. It was just the right amount of camp, and never got cheesy! I don't know how they did it, considering the hero carries an oversized hammer! How does that come out anything BUT cheesy? I gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Last night, we watch "The Solitary Man" and, given Johnny Cash singing the title track in the opening, and the fact it was starring Michael Douglas, we gave it a shot. I'll will spare the rest of you - don't bother. It was a sad, but not even in a good way, story. You just end up thinking the main character is a pathetic idiot, and not in a funny way. Fine performances by Susan Saradon and Danny DeVito and other big names in minor roles, but not worth the time.
    I've Been Frosted

Came across "Airheads" with Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi and Adam Sandler on cable. I missed the beginning but I want to Netflix queue it and see the whole thing!

I also want to see the George Clooney/Brad Pitt "Ocean's Eleven" again. I hope they re-release it because I'd like to see it at the theater.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

i have been to see quite a lot of movies lately thanks to my wins, REDDOG is a must for all to see, an australian film that all animal lovers will LOVE,have your tissues handy is all i am saying.

Midnight in Paris, HATED IT HATED IT, so BORING, BORING, i am not a owen wilson fan so that did not help,yet some people love this movie, but for me 2/10 and that is only for the comedy in it.

THE DEBT , great movie, thrilling, intense, loved it 8/10.

Anonymus, not too bad, a bit confusing, not quite my type of movie, but it was ok.

IN TIME, i really enjoyed this movie, and i am not in to sci fi type or futuristic type movies, but yes was good.

Going to see one day this weekend, and The beginners and contagion soon.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Tower Heist with Eddie Murphy, Ben Stiller, Alan Alda and others.

We thoroughly enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post

Midnight in Paris, HATED IT HATED IT, so BORING, BORING, i am not a owen wilson fan so that did not help,yet some people love this movie, but for me 2/10 and that is only for the comedy in it.
    Are you a fan of Woody Allen? I hear that helps more than anything. I had planned to see it, but had actually forgotten about it! I may see if we have it on On Demand or Netflix . . . I can't even remember how old it is haha.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

nope not a woody allen fan at all, i guess hate was a bit of a strong word for it, just found it so boring.

Just been to see one day , a nice romantic type film, but a bit slow i thought, and not as good as it could have been, but it was ok.

Going to see The beginners soon.
    Furangels only lent.

We saw J. Edgar this afternoon. I really disliked it. Too much switching back and forth between time frames. Too long. I really don't like Leonardo DiCaprio.

If I had been by myself, I would have left within the first hour.

I had not heard any good reviews for J. Edgar, will probably wait for cable based on your added input.

We watched "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" this weekend, and I just love the animation on these Narnia movies. I particularly was impressed with the dragon Eustace became, thought it was well rendered.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    We saw J. Edgar this afternoon. I really disliked it. Too much switching back and forth between time frames. Too long. I really don't like Leonardo DiCaprio.
    I plan to see it, although this is the only "review" I've heard of it. I am a big Leonardo Dicaprio fan, as well as Clint Eastwood. Not sure I'll see it in the theater, as it doesn't seem like a big screen movie to me, but I'll see it when it's available on demand, or at redbox.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I plan to see it, although this is the only "review" I've heard of it. I am a big Leonardo Dicaprio fan, as well as Clint Eastwood. Not sure I'll see it in the theater, as it doesn't seem like a big screen movie to me, but I'll see it when it's available on demand, or at redbox.
    My husband has seen most, if not all, of the movies Eastwood has directed – and he said this one was not up to his previous films.

I think you’re wise to wait for it to come out on DVD or demand – will cost you less.

I thought it was long and boring, but the two things that really put me off –
    the constant back-and-forth between decades got old fast. The other thing was the make up used for aging. DiCaprio’s was okay, not great, but okay. Armie Hammer (playing Clyde Tolson) looked like a cross between a zombie (Night of the Living Dead) and Herman Munster. I laughed out loud when I first saw it.

Did any of you see Amadeus? F. Murray Abraham played Antonio Salieri – and his aged makeup was fantastic – right down to his hands. Absolute perfection.

Oh well, it’s been a long time since I saw a lousy movie – guess it was just my turn
    Last edited by Grace; 11-15-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: correcting a name :)

Saw "Anonymous" about William Shakespeare and whether or not he is the true author of his writings. It so messed w/history as I've learned it that I'm going to see it again. The acting was good and the men were scrumptious. Vanessa Redgrave was her wonderful self as Queen Elizabeth as was her daughter Joely Richardson as a young Queen Elizabeth.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    My husband has seen most, if not all, of the movies Eastwood has directed – and he said this one was not up to his previous films.

I think you’re wise to wait for it to come out on DVD or demand – will cost you less.

I thought it was long and boring, but the two things that really put me off –
    the constant back-and-forth between decades got old fast.

Did any of you see Amadeus? F. Murray Abraham played Antonio Salieri – and his aged makeup was fantastic – right down to his hands. Absolute perfection.
    yeah, I'm a big fan of Eastwood's. Ever since Dirty Harry haha. Yeah, we don't watch a lot of movies at the theater, unless it's a big screen type movie, like Harry Potter, Thor, Avatar, that type of thing. Dramas and comedies, unless I get invited by friends or something, I usually just wait. I don't feel like they "lose" anything by being viewed on the small screen.

And I haven't seen it, so I don't know how much they go between decades, but I've never minded that kind of back and forth . . . I'll just wait and see if it bothers me.

And Amadeus is one of my favorite movies ever.