Thread: movies you watched today

I watched Back to the Future 3 today. I am also thinking about watching Snow Buddies

I finally saw Unstoppable. I thought it was really good, especially Chris Pine. Really predictable, but I enjoyed it overall. It makes you hate stupid people. I also saw Little Red Riding Hood, on friday. It was a totally new difference to the original fairy tale but I liked it ALOT better. Definitely worth seeing, not the greatest movie ever but not that bad. It was more of a thriller movie than anything else, and it did it's job very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Little Red Riding Hood, on friday. It was a totally new difference to the original fairy tale but I liked it ALOT better. Definitely worth seeing, not the greatest movie ever but not that bad. It was more of a thriller movie than anything else, and it did it's job very well.
    My daughter and her boyfriend seen that, and almost walked out...LOLOL

"I'm Back !!"

Hmm interesting feedback on red riding hood, i have won passes so giving them to my daughter and her boyfriend Wom, i don't think they will like it that much, apparently it is by the same director or writer as Twilight, of which she was not a huge fan, but we shall wait and see what she thinks.

Yes i liked UNSTOPPABLE too it was indeed predictable.

Just been to see BLUE VALENTINE, don't waste your money on this one IMO, i did, however they were cheap tickets, it was ok, but certainly not one i would highly recommend.,Some parts were ok, but i was actually quite bored.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I watched three movies on the plane coming home from China:

Shall we Dance - Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.. Wonderful Classic smaltz and glorious dancing!

Shrek - Forever After! Vey funny as all the others were!

Burlesque - Highly recommend this one.. the singing and dancing make it well worth watching and I enjoyed watching the different characters unfold.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I also saw ed Riding Hood.
    I'm interested in seeing it. The visuals look cool, and I like Amanda Seyfried a lot. I'll probably see it when it's at Redbox.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Burlesque. It was fun. I ADORE Stanley Tucci, he's got to be one of the most unobtrusively sexy men ever. There's just something about him that makes me just giddy. I thought everyone did a decent job, and although it was totally predictable, and the writing wasn't original...I really enjoyed it. I love that style of entertainment, so the costumes and music were fun. I grew tired of the whole Christina Aguilera/Cher/Whitney Houston/Celine Dion/Mariah Carey/etc/etc/etc style of singing, but it was still a fun little romp.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Just been to see SARAHS KEY, what a great movie, a real eye-opener, Kristin Scott Thomas is fantastic as always, a big fan of her's, in french sub titles, but some english is also spoken, really enjoyed it , so did my husband 7/10.

Going to see The Heartbreaker on saturday.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I watched Religulous again yesterday. It was just as good as the first time I saw it.

Niño & Eliza

Have just seen The Heartbreaker, what can i say, LOVED IT, another french film with sub titles, i am beginning to think the french make excellent movies, this is a cutesy movie, a romantic comedy,no surprises in it, but it is very enjoyable, hubby liked it to, 7/10 from me.
    Furangels only lent.

RABBIT HOLE NICOLE KIDMAN and AARON ECKHART ... RABBIT HOLE
    is a vivid, hopeful, honest and unexpectedly witty portrait of a family searching for what remains possible after their son is killed in an accident.

NICOLE KIDMAN and AARON ECKHART both deliver, exceptional performances, in this emotionally dense film about grief, coping with loss and finding a way to get life back on track. The film takes us into some very heart wrenching territory. I found this to be an exceptional film. This was Nicole Kidman first
    film where she both acted and produced, and she did an outstanding job on both.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

The Exandables

Watched "The Expendables" last night.

The first 15 minutes of the movie was good. It went off the cliff from there. Stallone should never be allowed to write a script ever, ever again.

Little plot development, less character development, and badly scripted unrealistic action sequences. I completely understand why it was in the theater for 2 weeks.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Finally got around to watching The Taking of Pelham 123 yesterday. It was great, and for anybody that hasn't seen it and enjoys a great adventure, I would recommend it. John Travolta was believably scary!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Watched "The Expendables" last night.

The first 15 minutes of the movie was good. It went off the cliff from there. Stallone should never be allowed to write a script ever, ever again.

Little plot development, less character development, and badly scripted unrealistic action sequences. I completely understand why it was in the theater for 2 weeks.
    It did peter out towards the end, I thought it was a 4 out of 10 and kinda enjoyed the stuff they blew up.

---------------------

THis past weekend I watched OPEN RANGE with K. Costner and Robert Duvall.

A good Western with the good guys taking it on the chin and coming out on top in the end.

On Wednesday I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean, On Stranger Tides. What can I say, I love Captain Jack and could sit watching and listening to him all day. .

Ok, Penelope was excellent, Ian played a wonderfully evil Blackbeard ... in fact all the cast played their parts well. It was enjoyable but it being in 3D didn't work for me so I plan to go see it in 2D sometime before it leaves the theatre.