Thread: movies you watched today

been watching the Twilight movies. I know they're sappy and I'm nowhere near their target audience, but I found them interesting nonetheless.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    We watched The Town tonight. I thought it was a great movie! I haven't really loved Ben Affleck in a movie since Good Will Hunting, and I loved him in this.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

yes kari saw the town quite a while back, it was not too bad, and like you i also loved Due Date, enough to even watch it again, and i rarely watch a movie twice.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Mermaides - Such a cute movie, a little sad though. An oldie but definitely a goodie .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

"Mildred Pierce" starring the great Joan Crawford.
    "Key Largo" starring Humphrey Bogart
    "12 Angry Men" starring Henry Fonda
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Watching The Social Network tonight...I don't have any expectations, really, but I've heard it's quite good.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

The Social Network. Although Mark Zuckerberg claims it's mostly fiction, I still really enjoyed the movie.

Just watched CONVICTION, not too bad a movie, nothing special but ok,then i saw THE BLACK SWAN last night, i don't really know what to say about this movie, it was not bad, or good, kinda weird, it did keep my interest as i was not sure what was going to happen, but other than that, i certainly would not pay to watch it at the movies,waste of my precious dollars, but it was ok.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Going the Distance with Justin Long and Drew Barrymore
    When in Rome with Kristen Bell and Josh Duhamel

tomorrow night.. Mike and I are going to rent:

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps with Michael Douglas and Shia LeBouf
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I saw Money never sleeps at the movies a little while back, i did not see the previous ones, i enjoyed aspects of it indeed, however i was a little lost when it came to all the business type stuff, but as always Michael Douglas does a wonderful job and Shia Lebouf, he is simply gorgeous, worth watching for the eye candy alone lol, i think it was all in all a pretty good movie, hope you enjoy it,what did you think of going the distance,have not seen it yet?
    Furangels only lent.

I watched "Hours" last night. Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman.
    That was a really good show.
    I never knew much about Virginia Wolfe, or how she died, but the movie seemed quite accurate after I did a bit of reading on her this morning.

"I'm Back !!"

Hello, I just finished watching "The Fighter". I thought it was a very good movie. If you dont like boxing, then you probably will not like this movie. However, it was about more than boxing. It's based on true story of Mickey Ward and his dysfunctional family. He had a controlling mother for his manager and his half brother a drug addict was his trainer. It's a story of how Mickey made it to a championship and his interaction with his family.

Mark Wahlberg was great as Mickey. His brother in the movie played by Christian Bale won Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

Amy Adams was terrific as Mickey's girlfriend.

His mother in the movie played by Melissa Leo won Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in a movie.

ALL actor and actresses were very good.... Kay in NC

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Hello, I just finished watching "The Fighter". I thought it was a very good movie. If you dont like boxing, then you probably will not like this movie.

I just came on to post about this movie. I thought it was tremendous. And, I have to politely disagree with on this point...I don't think you have to like boxing at all to love this movie. I'd say it's 90% family and relationships, 10% boxing.

The acting was top notch all around, and I definitely agree with Melissa Leo and Christian Bale winning Oscars. they were superb. Fantastic movie (and filmed in one month! crazy!).

Going the Distance was really funny and a great romance/comedy film. I honestly thought it was one of the best I had seen in a LONG time, and I couldn't remember the last time I laughed and loved a lot of scenes in a movie. You should rent it! Worth seeing.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I have just seen LIMITLESS, what a great movie, kept my interest the whole time, and it is a must to see on the big screen, Bradley Cooper is great in this movie, well worth seeing 7/10 From me.
    Furangels only lent.