Thread: movies you watched today

The King's Speech - magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    The King's Speech - magnificent
    Really looking forward to seeing that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Pirate Radio. Great movie, amazing soundtrack!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Just been to see the much awaited for movie of the Trilogy,The girl who kicked the hornets nest, i won't spoil it for anyone, i enjoyed it as i did the other two, for me the second one was the best IMO, the third not as good as the other two, but it still was one of the best movies i have seen.

And as for the sub titles, i think i kind of prefer it, at least if you don't miss anything, and i learned some swedish along the way,if you are a slow reader though you would pretty well miss most of the movie.

I think i would rate the first, and second 9/10 and the last 8/10.

It is a must to see if you saw the other two.

Now i have to get my hands on the book.wait until it is not so popular and pick up a cheapie if i can.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

5. Zombieland(funny an pretty good)
    Survival of the Dead(not bad)
    100 Feet(meh)
    Zombie Strippers(yeah... dont ask LOL)
    Return of the Living Dead 3(crap qualitly. too dark. couldnt see what was going on half the time not that we were missing anything though)

i pulled all nighter with my brother watching those with him LOL

I saw Get him to the Greek. Not the best but it was really funny at times. It was a pretty dumb movie but it was a good laugh. I do recommend it but it was pretty bad in terms of cursing. There was no nudity though, just alot of cursing and drugs.

Going to see UNSTOPPABLE on new years day, got some cheapie tickets, i had read a review on another site i belong to, and it was good, so here's hoping.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Going to see UNSTOPPABLE on new years day, got some cheapie tickets, i had read a review on another site i belong to, and it was good, so here's hoping.
    Please let us know how it is! Especially how Chris Pine's performance is, that is one of the main reasons I want to see it. He's a terrific actor.

I certainly will do that, i am not very familiar with Chris Pine, what else has he been in,? i probably know him by sight,will let you know what i think of his performance, Denzel Washington is also in it, and he is pretty good.
    Furangels only lent.

"The King's Speech". Excellent movie. Never cared much for Colin Firth but he brought it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    "The King's Speech". Excellent movie. Never cared much for Colin Firth but he brought it.
    I'm thinking of going again this coming week

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    I certainly will do that, i am not very familiar with Chris Pine, what else has he been in,? i probably know him by sight,will let you know what i think of his performance, Denzel Washington is also in it, and he is pretty good.
    He was in Star Trek as James T. Kirk, and maybe this is a biased view because I am a huge Trekkie but I loved loved loved how well he played Kirk. It's a hard role to fill, IMO, and he did it excellently. He isn't terribly well known for anything other then that. He was also in "Just my Luck" (bad movie) and "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement", which I really liked him in. He was on a few CSI: Miami episodes, and I'm sure alot of other minor TV characters and movie characters, but I just don't remember them off the top of my head. Star Trek, by far is the biggest thing he's been. He's also in the 2012 Sequel.

"It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" on PBS last night... 1963, cars with fins!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Leap Year with Amy Adams. It was OK. Cute, but I won't watch it again.

Terminator Salvation with Christian Bale and Sam Worthington. I'm a big fan of the Terminator series, and I really enjoyed this one.

Fantastic Mr. Fox with the voices of George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray, etc. I LOVED it. Definitely "Fantastic."
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer