Thread: movies you watched today

for a scotsman Gerald does a pretty convincing american accent don't you think? i have seen him in one film i did not like but in law abiding citizen he really impressed me, i like him a lot now.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    for a scotsman Gerald does a pretty convincing american accent don't you think? i have seen him in one film i did not like but in law abiding citizen he really impressed me, i like him a lot now.
    American accent?

LOL, That equator does something to people's perception of an accent.

The Blind Side & Sherlock Holmes.. Great movies!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I saw "The Last Song", let's just say I've never cried so much at a movie in my life. My sister could've cried for the whole theater. Very moving movie. I loved it overall.

tHE iNFORMANT MATT DAMON. I liked the movie. had a lot of twist and turns.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

going to watch Case 39 on dvd tonite, let you know what i think.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I was watching "Jaws" again, and I was thinking if they did a remake they could cast Daniel Day Lewis as Quint.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Precious. Talk about an upsetting movie. I was a wreck throughout the entire movie. It was good, though. Mariah Carey really surprised me.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm watching the newest episode of Doctor Who, so very exciting! My Firefox crashed half way through so I'm waiting for it to reload. I'm also downloading it. So far I'm LOVING it, I think the new Doctor is great and very Doctorish without trying to be Ten too much.

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    I saw How To Train Your Dragon today in 3D. I looooved it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn's Mom
    I really wanna see that! I love Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson!
    I really want to see it too! Craig Ferguson is coming to Chicago in a few weeks; he's already sold-out one show and a second show was just added.

Watched "Footloose" on cable last night - all these years later but I still really, really like it!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Ah Jaws that sure brings back memories for me Blue, was when i visited universal studios way back in the good ole days, jaws was one of the latest attractions, i remember going along on this coach type of thing and jaws coming out of the water, scaring the heck out of me, was good though.

Saw Case 39 on dvd in the weekend, quite enjoyed it, predictible though,but not too bad a movie.

Has anyone seen Mao's last Dancer? Dear John? When in Rome, Genova, i want to see all of these movies, blindside has finally arrived in NZ may 6 so taking hubby on his birthday the 7th ,so really looking forward to it, after your favourable reviews and starring sandra, it has got to be good.

Saw Leaving, well what can i say, did not know it was all in french with sub titles but even though i had a headache managed to concentrate on it, let us just say i saw way too much of kirsten scott thomas than i cared for, an average movie, would not pay full price to see it, i had cheap tickets, but it was ok
    Last edited by carole; 04-21-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    Furangels only lent.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I just finished watching Avatar. Not exactly the type of movie I would normally watch, but it was good. The special effects were amazing, but overall, it could have been at least a half hour shorter and not have lost anything in the translation. Just too long. That said - I'm off to bed!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I just finished watching Avatar. Not exactly the type of movie I would normally watch, but it was good. The special effects were amazing, but overall, it could have been at least a half hour shorter and not have lost anything in the translation. Just too long. That said - I'm off to bed!
    I watched that a couple of nights ago....not a bad show really. But yeah, it did go on a little long.

"I'm Back !!"

yes funny you both should say that, because that is what everyone has said about it, too long, did you know most of the special effects were done by Weta Digital From Wellington NZ,I think they won a BAFTA award too.

I have just finished watching The lovely Bones, by our Peter Jackson, it was good, i read the book first, and the movie lived up to the book IMO, I commented on the special effects being really good to my husband, and saw in the credits, done by none other than our Weta Digital again,yep they are very good at what they do,they have done us proud.

Parts of the film were also shot in Wellington NZ.

And word of warning Wombat you are not stealing them and making them your's ok got that. lol
    Furangels only lent.

Dirty Dancing.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred