Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Chronicles Part 3

Hi, sweet Heidi! I can't see the pictures from here but I am sure you look beautiful! (I will try again later from a different pc.)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Heidi February 8 and today

Heidi in the sun early Wednesday afternoon,later on in her bed and Wednesday night with me on the couch,head on my foot.This morning was too cold for a walk,14 degrees,she had her look out the window ,played some fetch then down here,had a snooze in the chair,had a snack,played fetch and is now snoozing in the sun by the fireplace.mom has taken Marlene out to lunch in Newcastle,Marlene is 60 today,later on the whole family is going to Swiss Chalet,that is all of us including Shannon,Brandyn and Samantha either in Oshawa or here in town.Phylis McRobbie's,son Lloyd passed away yesterday from Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson's,he was 72.Visitation is tomorrow 2-4 and 7-9 and funeral is Saturday at 1,I will go to the evening visitation tomorrow with Mom,Larry and Marlene,we have known the family for a long time,i helped Dad do her lawn and i have done it since 2007 so it is the least I can do.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Heidi February 9th and today

Heidi snoozing in the sun Thursday afternoon.We went to Swiss Chalet here to have dinner,Larry's treat.I had Quarter Chicken with White meat sand Fries,mom and I shared a Caesar Salad.Brandyn said it was Marlene's birthday to the waitress and when it was time for dessert,a group of waitresses came over and sang Happy Birthday.Heidi cuddled with me on the couch,both sides of me.this morning,sat with me and looked outside,she was bad again this morning,left a boo boo so no walk today,had a timeout in her bed.I had a play with her,is snoozing next to the chair with the white toy.

Oh boy, Heidi, you have missed a few walks lately. I hope the accidents stop soon. That's not like you

I'm sorry about your friend's son, Barry. I'll say a prayer for your friend. How sad that she has lost her son.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Heidi February11th

Heidi sitting on the couch this afternoon and staring at the fire,a good thing today it,was 12F,wind made it much colder,did snow twice here and a neighbor's across the street.She had her plays of fetch,when not doing that was snoozing in the chair or sitting on the couch.When she plays,she comes to me with a toy,I go to grab it and she backs off with it,is teasing me,i get it eventually,mom said the service was good,the deceased's Granddaughter sang I'll Fly Away and her Uncle did the service.Heidi has had her snacks,been out twice briefly,now with Mom looking for crumbs.
    Last edited by fritz03; 02-12-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Hi, Heidi! It sounds like you and Barry had a good afternoon inside on a chilly day. It was bright and sunny here today but quite cold with the wind, so I let a couple of errands go and I'll do it tomorrow after church. Maybe today was an accident-free day and you'll get to go for a walk, I hope so

Heidi February 12th

Heidi snoozing in the sun today by the fireplace.We had some more snow today,was 14F today,wind got up again,did ours and my Uncle's and helped the lady across the street finish hers,she didn't do it yesterday,had heartburn so helped her today.I didn't go to church today because of this,stayed with Heidi ,she was good,she had a snooze in the chair and in the sun,had a couple of bones,just had supper,is now snoozing on the small couch.Hockey tonight,Game 2 of the series with Uxbridge,Eagles won in Uxbridge on Friday 3-1,it is a best of 5 series.

Heidi February 12 and 13th

Heidi last night snoozing next to me on the couch,today snoozing in the bed,had to be about an hour and a half at least she did this and on her walk this ,was sunny and cold,21F,she met the school crossing guard,got a belly rub.She had a rest once home,had her Iams bones,a play of fetch,anytime I go to pick her up,she wants a belly rub so she gets it.She had a play of fetch tonight,she would bring it to met,she then runs away,is teasing me,she is now snoozing in the chair,she is waiting for me to go to the couch so she can have a cuddle with me.

Heidi February14th

Heidi on her walk this morning,got a little belly rub from Bob Stephens ,a neighbor we saw today,she had her look out the window after breakfast.Heidi snoozing last night in the chair,then she was with me on the couch,under the stereo this morning,being comfy on the couch and then with mom,is still there now.She has had her plays with the white bone,had her snacks and supper.

Heidi February 15th

Heidi giving me a kiss this morning and then over with mom.No walk today,roads were wet from a dusting of snow,yesterday,she came back with dirty paws.She had a play of fetch,she saw people going by form my chair and was wagging her tail.I then brought her down here and then went up to get her bed and toys,found she had pooped down here,was not impressed,she had been out once then I tried again a second time,wanted in,should have left here there.She had her snack,will have supper around 2,sometime later on,taffy will be here,Marlene and Larry fly out of Toronto tomorrow at 6:35 a.m. to Nassau,Bahamas,probably leaving between 2 and 3 in the morning tomorrow,it is around a 3 hour flight,it is 82 there today and partly cloudy.i have a hockey game tonight,game 3,Eagles are leading the series 2-0 in a best of 5,could wrap it up tonight with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomtzu
    What is a Shih Tzu

A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple of ounces of Domestic Cat, one part Court Jester, a dash of Ballerina, a pinch of an Old Chinese Man, a bit of Beggar, a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear.
    Hi, Heidi and Barry! Pomtzu posted this about her Sparky but it made me think of Heidi too! Heidi, I'm sorry you had an accident in the house again. Sounds like maybe you didn't realize you needed to go out till it was too late. Keep working on it sweet girl.

Barry, I'm switching to your hockey team! The Blackhawks lost again last night (that's nine losses in a row for them - grrrr!).

Heidi February 15th-17th

Heidi staring at the fire Wednesday afternoon,sitting and looking out the window Thursday morning watching kids go to school,Heidi after Taffy to play,Heidi and Taffy resting Thursday morning,Heidi after Taffy last night and this morning Taffy and Heidi taking it easy.They pretty much behave,Taffy basically stays up on the big couch,it's when she gets down and Heidi is jumping at her wanting to play.Taffy has a terrible time getting around,her back end gives out,have to watch when she goes up the stairs and when she gets back on thew couch and she gets stuck.When she quiets down,Heidi will as well.Taffy has to take medicine for Arthritis,don't think it helps her.Larry and Marlene left for Nassau Bahamas with Larry's sister and husband Thursday morning at 6:35,a 3.5 hour trip,it was 82 down there yesterday and cloudy,right now is 81 and partly cloudy.Taffy sleeps in the living at night,she comes down here in the morning after going out,the only time,she will go up is to go out or to eat,both are taking it easy right now.
    Last edited by fritz03; 02-17-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Heidi February 17th,18th and today

Heidi snoozing down her late Friday morning and bugging Taffy and sitting on the end of the couch.Heidi at times will not leave Taffy alone,wanting to play I guess,when Taffy starts wandering around,Heidi is jumping up kissing her,once yesterday,Heidi was pawing at Taffy's ear,wish I had got a picture of that.Tonight,I gave them both 2 bones,Heidi took one of hers over to Taffy on the couch and Taffy ate half of it.Taffy misses Marlene and Larry,she keeps going to the gate and looking out.Marlene called this morning,weather is great,been in the 80's and are having a good time,their plane was 30 minutes late leaving Toronto due to the plane being deiced. Heidi was in her cage and Taffy here when we went to church,didn't want a mess.Taffy has a hard time getting around,her back end isn't good,sometimes one paw drags on the ground and going upstairs today,she git stuck going up with mom and needed my help. The Eagles won on Wednesday 5-2 over Uxbridge and won in 3 straight games and now play the Little Britain Merchants in the next round which starts there Wednesday night at 8.Heidi has had her play tonight and is snoozing on the floor,for now,Taffy is on the couch snoozing,may got for a wander later and get Heidi after her again.

I gave them both 2 bones, Heidi took one of hers over to Taffy on the couch and Taffy ate half of it. Taffy misses Marlene and Larry, she keeps going to the gate and looking out.
    Awww, Heidi! What a sweet thing to do!
    Taffy, I am sure you miss your people. Here is an extra hug ((HUG)) for you till they get back.

Heidi February21st

Heidi flipped over yesterday on the carpet,in the sunshine and in her bed,with her pal Taffy,Taffy was tired out,Heidi this morning looking out,was squinting as I took the picture and on her walk,saw the crossing guard,some kids and an older lady.Last night,Taffy was sleeping on the couch down here and she fell off the couch,didn't hurt herself,I got her back on the couch,a little effort is needed as her back end isn't too strong.She is quiet at night,it's at night where she wanders around,misses Larry and Marlene.She has hardly ate any of her food,maybe some of Heidi's and a few bones but not much.Heidi has her plays tonight,was chewing on her favorite,had a big hole in s threw it away.This morning was sunny,but later clouded in and had some flurries then rain.Heidi waiting for Taffy to come back in,mom had her out.