Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Who Else Is Getting Ready for Yet Another Nor'Easter Snow Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Nothing here - yet! They're saying could be sleet and snow mixed before changing over to all snow tomorrow. I'm hoping it's all snow, since sleet will make it treacherous. Any where between 6"-20" of snow depending on who you listen to, so I'm not listening to anybody. We get what we get, and go from there!

Stay safe everyone - it's gonna be a long day again tomorrow!
    We could have mixing as well. Nothing yet.
    Definitely going to be a loooong next 24 hours. For South Jersey it isn't supposed to wind down until the later evening hours on Wednesday.
    My main worry is power loss, as usual. I also hate wind, it just freaks me for some reason.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    yeah we're in the 12" to 18" range "possibly more" they say.

We've got just over an inch already and it started just after 5pm

They are giving us about the same song and dance about totals...could be this, could be that.

It hasn't started here yet.

It was supposed to start snowing here last night, but I don't think it did. Now they're saying we could get 1-4 inches here tonight. But I don't know. The weather people around here seem to always be WRONG lol.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

We are getting rain and sleet. I think they are calling for light snow here tomorrow. I'm sick of this weather. Got a call today while at work from my neighbor, my damn pipe burst in my outside storage. Luckily, I have a great neighbor who is a jack of all trades and he cut the water off for me and will sauder (spelling?) the pipe for me soon. No rush since water isn't spewing out and flooding my patio

Weatherman Freaking Out Over DC Snowpocalypse
    by TheDlisted

I believe this is/was many of the people whom have posted in this thread thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellow View Post

by TheDlisted

I believe this is/was many of the people whom have posted in this thread thus far.
    Come back and talk to these folks when you actually have to drive in it.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

According to the 6pm news we had 5.5 inches then. They are saying it is supposed to continue until at least 2am, maybe 4am. And in that time 1/2in to an 1 inch per hour, so 4- 7 more by morning. And when it stops is when the wind is supposed to pickup. Could be interesting!!

It's snowing but the roads were fine when I left work at 7pm. They are doing a great job keeping the roads clear. I am a bit worried about tomorrow morning getting out of my driveway as I have to be back at the office at 8. Hubby gets to stay home the rest of the week.

by TheDlisted

I find it funny that you post this, considering you live down south, in Georgia or something if I recall, and rarely if ever have to deal witht he inconviences snow causes. Flight delays and cancelation, very annoying for people whom are traveling to go see family, on business or have to be at a destination at a specific time. Driving, black ice - very dangerous. He is not freaking out over nothing, Washington DC is in a very big mess right now. They already have well over a foot of snow - and they are not well equipped for it. Everything is closed, no one can get to the captiol, the whitehouse, all trains are down..I don't see how you think he's freaking out over "nothing". My brother cannot even walk out of his apartment right now in DC, he said his road isn't even salted or plowed yet from the first storm. Power outages are probably the worst thing right now, there isn't heat or ways to prepare food. Sorry, we're not all sitting in nice 60 degree weather with shorts on down south right now, although I wish I was.

School was just canceled here, oh happy day. My dad already told me I'll be helping him shovel tomorrow, gotta love parents.

Where everyone lives, how much snow does it take for y'all to get before school closes? My school is the one school that doesn't close unless it's REALLY bad. If we have bad roads and a lot of snow, we get out. If they're predicting bad snow, sometimes we get a two hour delay...
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Yeah I think it's a little hypocritical to sit and talk about how people deal with the snow (many people with two feet or more while having another possible two feet piled on top when the first storm hasn't been cleared out) while sitting in nice weather.

I always have to laugh when my MIL calls and makes mention of how it's supposed to get down below 50 degrees and refers to that as cold. LMAO cold? that's still t shirt weather for me

Now I am from Canada and I am well used to this amount of snow. BUT it is a completely different affair here. In Canada this is expected and well prepared for because it is a common occurance. But here? VA, DC, MD etc etc... not so much.

Last year we were lucky if we got 6 inches of snow TOTAL through the entire winter. this year we've had at least 5 feet of snowfall already. This area is just NOT equipped to deal with this kind of snow let alone two storms within a couple of days of each other.

so sit back and laugh all you want I'm used to this amount of snow and even I am well aware how crippling it can be to an area that doesn't have the resources to handle it.

You know after tonight Philly will have broken RECORDS for snowfall in one winter EVER. Not much of a laughing matter even to a seasoned snow goer.

that being said... I'm so SICK of the news. "special accuweather update" *cue dramatic music* What is the update? it's snowing? Yeah we know. more snow? YEAH we FREAKING KNOW. lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

by TheDlisted

I have to admit, I was freaking out a bit like that on Monday when I saw the forecast for the "near blizzard like conditions for Wednesday with possibility of 50+mph winds".

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines View Post
    I have to admit, I was freaking out a bit like that on Monday when I saw the forecast for the "near blizzard like conditions for Wednesday with possibility of 50+mph winds".
    that too. it's not so much the snow... that's dangerous for driving conditions on it's own. but the 50 MPH winds is NOT cool at all for anyone.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Yeah I think it's a little hypocritical to sit and talk about how people deal with the snow (many people with two feet or more while having another possible two feet piled on top when the first storm hasn't been cleared out) while sitting in nice weather.

I always have to laugh when my MIL calls and makes mention of how it's supposed to get down below 50 degrees and refers to that as cold. LMAO cold? that's still t shirt weather for me

Now I am from Canada and I am well used to this amount of snow. BUT it is a completely different affair here. In Canada this is expected and well prepared for because it is a common occurance. But here? VA, DC, MD etc etc... not so much.

Last year we were lucky if we got 6 inches of snow TOTAL through the entire winter. this year we've had at least 5 feet of snowfall already. This area is just NOT equipped to deal with this kind of snow let alone two storms within a couple of days of each other.

so sit back and laugh all you want I'm used to this amount of snow and even I am well aware how crippling it can be to an area that doesn't have the resources to handle it.

You know after tonight Philly will have broken RECORDS for snowfall in one winter EVER. Not much of a laughing matter even to a seasoned snow goer.

that being said... I'm so SICK of the news. "special accuweather update" *cue dramatic music* What is the update? it's snowing? Yeah we know. more snow? YEAH we FREAKING KNOW. lol
    You are so right on all accounts. We are NOT used to this...the people who have to live through it, the workers who have to try to clear it, the officials that have to organize the work, etc. If every winter were like this, we'd be prepared with generators for power failures, snow blowers for easier removal, etc.
    We used to have snow mobiles years ago and one major reason we got rid of them is because it seemed like snow just didn't happen anymore...at least not enough to use the snow mobiles. Because of such a lack of snow, we're just not equipped--mentally, physically or with the right equipment.
    Places are running out of salt and what not for treating roads, etc.

that too. it's not so much the snow... that's dangerous for driving conditions on it's own. but the 50 MPH winds is NOT cool at all for anyone.
    I know I'm not alone in my situation, and I know others are worse of, but I am me and I have my own worries and fears.
    We're rural, we don't have houses close to us helping to block wind, our lines are in the open for the winds to get a hold of. And EVERYthing in our home runs on electric. The only thing we'd be able to do if power goes out is light our gas stove with a match. We have our own well so therefore don't just lose hot water, we lose ALL water. We have baseboard hot water heat, the pipes upstairs run through unheated crawl space. We go without heat for too long, the pipes can freeze and then burst.

I didn't worry this much when I was younger...experience has shown me what can and might go wrong if situations are right for it all to go wrong! I'm not oblivious to what can go wrong anymore, so these weather conditions are not just something to "get through" anymore...they care a cause of a lot of nervous apprehension and worry.