Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Just kicking this up...how's everyone doing? Feeling? How are the new babies? How are the babies on their way?

We just went to the pool tonight, swimming is great. My gestational diabetes is under control, although I still mess up once in awhile and eat too much or not enough carbs or protein. I still feel awesome, I have no problems getting to and staying asleep at night. I think I've gained about 11 or 12 pounds, my "waist" is about 41 inches. Things are going well. We have our next appointment on Thursday and then we start going every two weeks (the next appointment after Thursday's will include a sonogram, yay!)

We have a baby shower on the first at David's office. The invite ended up being emailed to over 2000 people, hahaha, so we'll see who shows up. It's a huge corporate headquarters, and it wasn't intended for that many people, but someone messed up and sent it out to everyone. Should be interesting.

Our baby shower at the house is on the 11th, and then we'll go shopping with the gift cards to get the things we need that we didn't get from friends and family!

We are putting the finishing touches on the paint in the nursery, and just ordered furniture. Can't wait to get it! The paint looks amazing, and I can't wait to see the crib, glider and dresser in the room. We won't get the bookcase and toy chest until my parents come when baby arrives. David doesn't think the little lass is going to wait until August, he had a dream that we're having a July baby.

And, just for the record, I think we're leaning more towards Clara Elizabeth.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Glad to hear you are doing well! I'm doing ok too. I've been messing up with the blood sugar too. I'm just getting a little impatient. I just had to have cherry preserves on toast for breakfast yesterday morning and 2 hours later the blood sugar was up past 200. I haven't had a number like that ever. I got scared but just drank a bunch of water and behaved for the rest of the day.
    I had a drs. appointment later that morning (yesterday) and was surprised I didn't get yelled at. The dr. just told me not to do that again. So far the NST's I've done are normal. I'm not spilling any protien in my urine. My blood pressure was normal but I was warned that It could be a problem if it crept back up. I went over various things with the OB like the birth plan.
    We talked about a possible birthday and she said it was still too early to tell. She talked of a possible c-section at 37 weeks :O if pre-eclampsia became an issue or an induction a few days before the actual Aug. 8th due date. I really did not consider having a July baby being a factor.... but maybe it will be. So Kari, we may just have us some July babies.
    Today I am taking it easy and will go swimming again. This year, I've gone swimming about 5 times which is a lot considering that last year I probably never put on a bathing suit. Swimming feels really nice as it makes me feel lighter and takes some of the baby pressure off. Wow, only 12 pounds... I can't say the same.... even though I still have people say that I do not look pregnant.... at 33 1/2 weeks.

Yes, swimming is a good relief for your body - let the water bear some of the weight for now! One of my nieces has an early September, and I think my sister spent as much of that July and August afloat as possible!

I am so glad to hear from both of you, and that things are going well, hey, I was a July baby - we ain't bad!
    I've Been Frosted

Carmen, sounds like you're doing a pretty good job, though, so don't be too hard on yourself! I wish drinking water helped my blood sugar. When I eat something I shouldn't, I have to exercise.

As for people not realizing you're pregnant, there's a girl like that where I work. She's due a week before me, but you can barely tell she's expecting, even though she's gained twice as much as I have. It's all in the way you carry the weight, I've noticed. I haven't gained any inches anywhere except around my waist. From the back, I look smaller than before I got pregnant! But, wow, as soon as I turn around, it's plain as day that I'm expecting. It's all belly and baby! But, honestly, as long as you feel good and the baby is healthy, who cares how much you gain or what you look like!

July babies, huh? I'm cool with that. But, I'm ready whenever she is, but I'd definitely prefer not to go later than August 17th!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

July is a great month for a baby... hehe... (tinsy little biased here)

my baby boy was born on August and boy was I hot!!.... LOL.. in the overheated way .... babies really are our own personal heating pad... and add that to a hot month.. wow... hope you have a nice not so hot time towards the end....

best of the best to you all...

will expect many pics of the cuties
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Well, we weren't scheduled for a sonogram today, but our doctor was trying out a new machine and asked us if we wanted to be guinea pigs. We said SURE! That's our second "freebie" sonogram. Our next appointment is on the ninth, and we are scheduled for a sonogram, so we'll get measurements and baby's weight and everything. He says just from the look and listen, she is doing great!

Only thing is...she's breech. BOOOOO. She's in the "frank breech" position, basically a U shape (think of a curved pipe), butt first. Her head, feet and hands are all at the top! Not ideal, but not the end of the world, either. There's still enough good amniotic fluid between her butt and my bone, and she's not wedged down there, yet...so there's a slight chance she'll turn herself. And, if not, around 37 weeks, they'll look at how things are going and may be able to turn her manually. Eek. If she doesn't turn herself or if the doctor doesn't turn her manually, then we'll have to have a C-section. Which, again, not the end of the world. We can schedule that and let my family know ahead of time. My parents might actually be there for the birth, if that happens. So, it's not all bad. Or at least I'm not looking at it that way.

That's my update for the day!
    Last edited by finn's mom; 06-25-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Only thing is...she's breech. BOOOOO. She's in the "frank breech" position, basically a U shape (think of a curved pipe), butt first. Her head, feet and hands are all at the top!
    My baby girl is in the same position!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    My baby girl is in the same position!!!
    Looks like we both have troublemakers on the way. Hopefully at least one of us will luck out and have baby turn head down!

I am truly convinced .... actually I have been for a few days that there is more than one in there. It sure feels like it. That's for sure!

Lyra is adorable! Stratton is now 6 weeks old - doesn't the time fly once they are born? Pregnancy seems to last forever - especially towards the end. Good luck ladies, enjoy your last days/weeks of pregnancy. I hope all goes well with your deliveries and stay cool til then!

I'm 26 weeks today! I still don't look very pregnant. I went to a party lastnight and everyone was saying how we shouldn't go camping too far from home just incase, and a lady said "you shouldn't have to worry, you're only what, 3 or 4 months?" I was like "actually 6 and a half..." I have a dr appt on Monday. The last appointment they weighed me and I hadn't even gained a single pound since my appointment the month before. I weighed myself yesterday and I'm still below my pre-pregnancy weight -- I weighed 146 when I got pregnant and I'm 137 now.
    I'm going for my glucose test on Monday as well. I'll be eating lots of protein tomorrow and the next day -- that test might just kill me, I'll be so hypoglycemic. I'll make sure I have a BIG breakfast of scrambled eggs.
    Baby has been kicking away...She is very active. Sometimes she kicks so hard it hurts. I like to watch her kicking and sliding herself across my belly, it's funny. I play Mozart for her all the time and it usually wakes her up and makes her move around.
    Work is starting to get a bit too physical for me. I am going to cut my workload down to one dog a day I think. I thought I was cutting it down pretty good before... I'm doing 4 dogs today... but even three is too much sometimes. There is too much half-bending involved, I find it makes my belly feel funny and I don't like that. I booked off the whole month of September but I think I might book off August too. One more month of work sounds nice lol. I only have a few dogs already booked for August so we'll see. I feel bad for my clients but I'm hoping I can get an old co-worker to come rent out my shop for me and coninue grooming my dogs. My husband doesn't care what I do. He's not working right now so he can't talk anyways lol.
    I signed up for prenatal classes in August, which I'm very excited for!!
    Oh and my stepsister, who is a few weeks behind me, found out she is having a boy. So that will be nice.

Anyways, I've got to go feed the puppies and get to work...sigh, I want to SLEEP.

Oh question -- I had my last ultrasound at 19 weeks. When will they schedule my next one? I'm anxious to see baby again but I have a feeling that the next one is pretty late into pregnancy isn't it?
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul View Post
    Oh question -- I had my last ultrasound at 19 weeks. When will they schedule my next one? I'm anxious to see baby again but I have a feeling that the next one is pretty late into pregnancy isn't it?
    I never had one after the one around 18 weeks. Both pregnancies I had one done on the first visit and another later when we found out the gender (20 weeks with Katherine and 18 weeks with Malcom--2 different doctors).

Baby is still breach. The doctor told me to use an ice pack on where her head is more or less to make her uncomfortable and encourage her to move... Never heard of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Baby is still breach. The doctor told me to use an ice pack on where her head is more or less to make her uncomfortable and encourage her to move... Never heard of that before.
    That's interesting. I figure anything that's not hurting the baby is ok to try! I've also heard that there are some exercises and yoga poses that you can do. And, we both have time, they may both still turn. My mom's coworker's baby turned about three days before birth. So, who knows? It'll all work out in the end!

I swear, sometimes it feels like she's frank breech, and other times it feels like she's transverse (laying completely sideways!). We'll see on the 9th what position she's chosen for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    I never had one after the one around 18 weeks. Both pregnancies I had one done on the first visit and another later when we found out the gender (20 weeks with Katherine and 18 weeks with Malcom--2 different doctors).
    Darn, I'm not sure when they will do me then. I know they will ultrasound me again eventually because they do with everyone in my family because of our big babies. I'll ask my family and see what was normal for them.
    I've been BOO'd!