Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

The most horrible thing happend today. While I was at work, a bug man that was coming by my house accidently let in the "feral" cat into my house, and the result was horrible. He attacked Sydney and we think he has hurt her badly. My dad was at the house and he was supposed to keep track of Hercules (the wild one), while the bug guy sprayed, but unfortunatly did a bad job. My dad called me at work, to tell me this horrible news (I am stuck here till 3:30). She is in a closet and refuses to come out. My dad says he has no idea how long Hercules attacked her, but that he didn't see any blood on her (although she wont let him near her). I am just so angry - this was exactly what she didnt need. She needed to be stress free and healing, not brutily attacked! I love Hercules, but he is just such a hard cat to deal with. He is like the pitbul version of a cat - he is ferocious around other cats and will kill them if allowed (this is from his abusive past). I adpoted him because he was going to be put to sleep because he was "unadoptable". He is the sweetest around people, he just could never be around other animals or children. I had kept him completely segregated from the other cats, by making him his own room (equiped with animal planet). This arrangement has worked out well, except for the rare occasion someone lets him in. I even have a huge sign on the door stating, "Beware of Animal, Do NOT let out under any circumstances!" I am so very uspet. I am about to leave work and I will update everyone to how she is...Hopefuly she is not injured and just upset.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Oh my, I can certainly understand your worry! Hopefully, Sydney is ok and is just frightened by it. Is Hercules immunized?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh dear!!! How terrible. Please keep us posted as soon as you know something.

Ok, so I have checked her and she has some teeth marks on her behind, but she appears to be ok. I called the vet and they told me to put some hydrogen peroxide on it, so I did - there was no foaming so it appears to not be infected yet. I think she is more shook up then anything. She wont let anyone near her but me. Hercules is up to date on all his shots and he has a clean bill of health, so there is no worry there. She isn't limping, so that is good as well, she just is really upset. I guess it was stressful more than anything. ***I am making a sigh of relief***
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Make sure to keep the wounds clean so it doesn't get infected and get abcessed. Believe me you don't want to deal with abcesses. I think Carole just successfully helped abcesses heal. I'll try to find the link to her thread and post it here. What stress we get from our furbabies. Here it is.

OMG - I am glad she is physically okay! Poor baby...at least she knows who Mom is and where to get love and cuddles and soothing. I hope she settles down soon.

I'm sure your dad feels bad...

{{{hugs}}}} to everyone.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear that Hercules has attacked Sydney. I sure hope that she'll be okay and heal up quicky. I'm so glad that her blood work is looking good..

Oh, honey...!

I can't imagine how you must have felt, being at work and unable to come home to see how Sydney was doing. You poor baby!

As everyone else is saying, do keep on the wounds with the hydrogen peroxide -- but it might also be not such a bad idea to call her vet and let them know what has happened with Sydney. I don't know what kind of effect the chemo is having on her immune system in general, and if that would have any effect on her susceptibility to infection.

I've been through a couple of abscessed bite situations recently, and the second time around, we were able to use a brand new medication, which is a one-time injection of an antibiotic that releases itself gradually into the animal's system over a two-week period of time. It was AMAZING.

Now, you're doing such a good job of keeping on top of Sydney's owies that it probably won't be an issue; you're SUCH a good cat mom. But in case she needs it -- there's good stuff out there to fix an infected bite that would NOT involve you trying to have her take more medicine! Poor little thing is doing enough of that already.

Hang in there, honey -- positive thoughts and prayers for you & Sydney!

Big hugs,
    Diana

I took Sydney into the vet this morning for her 6th week of chemotherapy. The vet also looked at her bite marks on her backside, and she said it looked fine, but gave me an antibiotic cream to help it heal better. Funny thing is the vet said that all of her blood values look great, but the only negative thing is the vet said I am spoiling her too much. She has apparently gained a pound! So, I am going to have to cut back on the treats and wet food, and just feed her like I did before this whole thing has happened. The main problem is, I have Charlie in the house as well and he will eat any of her food that is left over. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to feed a cat a portioned amount of food, without having your other cat eat it? Sydney likes to take small bites and go back to her bowl frequently, where Charlie likes to eat all of his and hers all at once. I have to go to work in the morning, so sitting there and watching them is too difficult. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Feeding in separate rooms - if Sydney will tolerate being in one room, maybe yours?

Or - take up the food dishes when you go to work and put them down when you get home.

Wow - when a cancer patient GAINS weight, that is good! Was this another strong chemo, KK?

I have to feed Morgan seperately from Aroara. Aroara eats in the bathroom. Morgan can only eat 3/4 - 1 cup of diabetic food per day. I dole out small portions of it throughout the day. In the morning when I first get up, later before I leave. When I get back home. At my dinner time. Then before bed. He snacks on his food and if Aroara happens to eat some of it, at least it isn't alot. He never has access to her food though. She knows her food is in the bathroom and will run to beat you in there if she thinks that you are headed in that direction. So she'll mostly leave Morgan's food alone.

Such good news about Sydney's blood levels!

Thanks Moesha and Catty1 for the suggestions. I think I am going to try a combination of both your suggestions, feeding her in my room, several times a day. This way I can monitor how much she is eating. The chemo she had done today was just the Vincristine, and to my knowledge it isnt one of the super strong doses, where she feels skick for days. She is actually begging for food right now and walking around the house like everything is ok. She looks really good! Here is a pic of her:

Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Wow! She is looking great! You can hardly tell that she had that lump on her head at all. YAY for Sydney!!

Awe... sweet girl!! I'm so glad to see she's doing so well!

Big hugs and kisses to Sydney!

WOW - her face looks normal, and those sweet eyes with the beige eyeliner...what a SWEET face!

Has the vet said anything about the cancer? I know it got systemic. Or will Sydney get tests soon?

Re: Fundraising - any garage sales you could hold? Sell the prom dresses? How are things going? ( I can't give for a while yet).