Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Jackie

Oh, this is the most wonderful news!!! I spoke for quite a while with Jackie yesterday afternoon before heading off to the hospital. She was actually preparing a homemade meal for Daisy as our little girl was gaining some of her ole spunk back and was turning her nose up at that nasty "hospital food!" Jackie was so STRONG, and upbeat and cautiously optimistic about their recovery. What an amazing woman! I wanted to cry and instead we had a lovely conversation full of laughter and hope! I can't believe the wonderful news I awoke too. Jackie did mention that she would be taking pics if allowed! How wonderful to see their beautiful faces. Their battered bodies are on the mend and I know that Daisy's best medicine was coming home to Mom, Dad and the "big bed!" Hopefully, Perry will be following his sister's lead and be back with his best friend, his Dad, very soon! I am so thrilled for you Jackie and Don! What a wonderful way to start the day, hearing such terrific news! What a blessing! What a happy Father's Day, what a MIRACLE!! All my love to you Jackie, Don, Daisy and Perry!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

This is wonderful news....praise the Lord! Seeing Perry standing was so encouraging and Daisy being able to come home to her Mommy....is just the greatest. And Sandra, you are so right..being home will be her best medicine. Just two days ago things were looking pretty bleak, but now there is hope for a good recovery. It won't be easy and both dogs probably have considerable pain and weakness, but with the loving care they are going to have, the medical resources available, time and God's love, they CAN RECOVER. Life may never be the same but it will be good for them and for Jackie and Don. And our prayers will continue. Prayers for continued recovery, prayers for freedom from pain...and prayers of gratitude for this miracle.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Oh my! I was gone away from Pet Talk for a weekend and I missed so much. I am glad to read that the precious ones are doing better and that Daisey is home already. I am certain that Don and Jackie will take great care of lil Daisey and speed her up on her road to recovery.

Certainely she misses her brave brother, Perry. But he is a strong one and will recover soon, God willing and be back home with his dear family in no time!

Jackie and Don, I can not tell you how sad and heart broken I am. Just this weekend I saw a black Schnauzer and thought of your family. Reading the post was the most difficult thing I have had to do in a very long time. I had to shut the door to my office and cried my eyes out. I can not begin to imagine how much pain youtwo are going through. Daisey and Perry are very lucky to have you. I feel like something horrible has happened to my own Draker. I love the schnauzers like they were my very own dogs. I am sure everyone at Pet Talk does.

Please know that they will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Love, Souraya

This makes me so happy, you can't know. Jackie and Don, you have been through so much and you have been in my thoughts. What great kids you have...you did something right raising them! God is great isn't He? We have our own little miracle right here on Pet Talk. My heart feels so much better today!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

WELCOME HOME DAISY!!!

I am glad you are home with mom and dad and can get extra loving to get better faster. I am sending you a special get well bouquet just for you!

We are still praying for your complete recovery and special prayers for Perry to come home soon too!

God does answer prayers! Thank you Lord for hearing and answering all of our prayers!!

WELCOME HOME MISS DAISY!!!
    IT'S SO WONDERFUL TO KNOW THE LITTLE LADY IS BACK WHERE SHE BELONGS, IN THE ARMS OF HER LOVING MOM AND DAD AND, WITH GOD'S HELP IN ANSWER TO OUR PRAYERS, THE GREAT PERRY WILL JOIN THEM VERY SOON

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

This has been quite an emotional morning for me. I am so happy that Miss Daisy is home getting pampered by her mom and dad, but I am just so heart-sick at the pictures I saw of them. You can put me on the list of people who want to "take care of" the pits for you. Dogs like that, although it was entirely the owners' faults for not socializating or training them, have no right being alive. They are a threat to society and I have such anger towards them and their stupid owners. I care about Jackie, Don, Perry and Daisy so much and it feels almost like one of my family members were assulted needlessly. I am just sickned.

Jackie, please kiss that sweet Daisy for me. Tell her that the pain will soon be over with and she'll be feeling better in no time with your tender loving care.

Prayers are still being sent to Jackie, Don, Perry & Daisy. May you all continue to improve.

I'm doing the happy dance cause Miss Daisy is home!! YAAAAAAAA!!!!! Now, for Perry, I'm sure he'll be home soon too! You both rest and get better, so your mom & dad don't have to worry so much

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks, God...

Dear Heavenly Father ~

Thanks a Bunch for Lissnin when we got onna Prayer Line Saterday.
    It's Cinder & Smokey here, again...

Dad tells the FireGuyz sumpin when they do good ~
    And we think it applies to all the help You gave to our Buddies
    Daisy and Perry the last cupla dayz...

"You do Nice Work, God!"

There's a lotta FurKids and Hoomins that really 'preciate Your guiding
    the White Coats' hands while they fixed up Daisy and Perry.

Can You, Pretty Please, keep an eyeball on em for jest a lil while longer?
    Perry's still a lil sickley and could use summore Help so'z he can say
    g-bye to the Hoppsbittel Folkz and get home with Miz Daisy and his
    Mom an Dad.

And while we've got You onna Line; please remember our Buddie Killian ~
    We've mentioned him inna Prayers and he still needs Your Help, too.

Thanks again, Dear God!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Cinder & Smokey, You guys are precious!! I believe you 2 have a pretty direct line with the Big Guy so just keep on a keeping on doing what you are doing!!
    Carl

What wonderful news! I asked God to keep sweet Daisy and Perry surounded by His healing angels until they are both home safe. (I'm sure Cinder and Smoke's prayers really got the Big Guy's attention though). I will continue prayers for Perry and Daisy until they are both home and all well. I knew the dogs before I ever found Pet Talk. I remember their Dog of the Day pictures. I was checking out the Pets of the Day long before I even knew about Pet Talk. I'm so blessed to have found both. Daisy, your sweet self will bring much joy and comfort to your parents I'm sure. Sir Perry will be home soon to keep you company. Good news, indeed.

Former User Guest
    Oh, I am so glad to read these good news! Jackie and Don, you truly are great parents for Daisy and Perry. I am so glad they are doing better.
    I don't know you Jackie or Don, only from what Jackie has posted, and you two just have golden hearts. You have got to be one of the nicest people in the world. Daisy and Perry are lucky to have you. They are truly amazing dogs and we all love them here very dearly.
    My english vocabularity isn't large enough to express my feelings better, but let's just put it this way: I and my husband (and even Casper and Kitty) are SO HAPPY that Daisy and Perry are doing better. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
    Lots of hugs from us all!

I would say your English is amazingly good and your thoughts are well put and seconded my many.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

HOW WONDERFUL!!! I am so relieved that Daisy is home and Perry is doing better. I was so worried at work today and I have not access to the internet there. Thank you God for answering our prayers and helping those two brave pups out! Keep watching them please!

Pupdate on Daisy and Perry ~

Posted on another Daisy & Perry thread by Mom Jackie:

Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935
    I think I have some very good news. Don saw Perry today and talked to Dr. Valentine (our other Vet) he explained a little more what happened, he said the Pitbull must have had him by the throat and chest and shook him and clamped on and it caused his heart to float because his lungs were deflated.

NOW THE GOOD NEWS
    Dr. Valentine ( he is so kind, he has a perfect name) told Don Perry was doing well and just maybe he could come home tomorrow.
    He told Don you really love that dog don't you? Don said of course I do. He said well I was watching you through the one way window combing him and talking and loving him.
    Then they put Perry on the table and Don said he took about a 5 minute pee and ate like a horse.

Daisy is doing well at home, she wouldn't eat for a while, but tonight she ate really good. She don't like taking her medicine and not good at drinking water so I dip my finger in the water a million times and she licks it. What we won't do for our pups. lol
    It makes me sad to see her limp so bad, but the alternative is worse. Dr. Valentine said not to put her in the big bed, in case she fell, but this afternoon she and I spent a few hours on the big bed since I could watch her and she loved it. She def don't like the megaphone she has to wear. She is back to her independent self, no kisses for me, but plenty for our Grandson, Chris. lol

We know we love our pets, but we really don't know it until something threatens their life. I have to say I felt guilty for what happened to them, I was always telling Daisy don't worry, I will never let anything happen to you when we were in bed. We never even took them for walks in the Neighborhood for fear of them being attacked, let alone attacked in their own yard.
    Please, please never take anything for granted, be aware, make sure your pet is safe and show them all the love you can give.
    Again thank you all so much for your love and devotion.
    Jackie
    Posted by Jackie @ 8:45 PM (Eastern) or 5:45 PM (California Time) on Monday.