Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help! My cats are destroying the wall.

Pam, this offering may not be appreciated by some people, but tongue is firmly in cheek when I say ...get a bigger gun!

Wolflady
    Another home rememdy is apple vinegar. Most don't like the smell of that either.
    Recently, Fister has also started scratching on the wallpaper, it's only in the corridor about 1 meter from his litterbox. I have the feeling he does it when he is bored or doesn't get his way! But I'm not sure. He has not been down in the yard much recently (he has a tree there he likes to scratch) so that might be the reason.

I've heard before that cats hate the smell of vinegar, so I think I'll try and spray some of that on.

Declawing a cat I would never do!

Quote: A cat without claws is an invalid

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Another solution?

My female calico used to scratch the walls by her litter box.

I got three pieces of plexiglas, one for the floor, and two for the sides. They were held together with pieces of sticky back velcro.
    The litter box was in a corner of the room.

The thing that is nice about it, is that you can move them to vacuum - and if you want to move the litter box to another room for some reason, you can.

At a plastics shop they sometimes have "leftovers" and so it isn't as expensive as having pieces custom cut.

Gini - that's exactly what I did, by suggestion of someone here at Pet Talk to keep my cats from flinging poop on the walls. Works like a charm and I'm sure would solve the wall paper thing.

Just a thought in passing - I knew someone who had textured wallpaper and her cats used to run up the walls and tear strips out of it - then she removed said paper - lo and behold - no more cats running and tearing wallpaper!!

Lynne

In Cat Fancy magazine they have an add for ( what looks like a thick double sided sticky foam) that goes on your walls, or other things that discourages kitties from scratching on things. I didn't look at it closely, fortunatelly I don't have that problem, but I know it is for discouraging kitties from scratching.