Thread: Not Yay Me

Not Yay Me

I didn't get the job/s I was going for Not fair.
    The vet said that the person they went with for the vetnurse position had more qualifications - so I wonder why they even bothered interviewing me for in the first place!
    He also had two receptionist positions going, and I had already expressed interest in those if the nurse position didn't go to me. I asked them if he had filled them and he said yes. No further explanation.

Not fair.

There is a huge background story behind this, but I won't go into it now. I just can't believe what has happened to me - it's so depressing and frustrating because I can't seem to do anything about it!

Words of sympathy and/or a pep talk would be much appreciated. I cried a lot about this last night - I really thought it would be mine.
    Watch out over the coming months for my brand new website: www.vetnurse.co.nz - currently being constructed (nothing there ATM!) - will update when I can

Heavenly Pet Care

Don't make someone else pick up your litter - have your cats/dogs/rabbits desexed!!!

Yay! I've been boo'd!

Don't get down on yourself. I'm sorry you weren't given the job. You can do anything you want with your life, but it isn't worth getting down when you didn't get one job you wanted. There are so many different jobs that are yet similar that you can try. Just look at all of the McDonald's there are! Good luck at finding a job you like!

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Rochelle i feel certain there is something better just around the corner for you, I know you feel unhappy about it right now, but hopefully that magic job will come up and you will be counting your blessings. Keep your chin up sweetie and Good luck for future jobs.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by cookieluver7
    Don't get down on yourself. I'm sorry you weren't given the job. You can do anything you want with your life, but it isn't worth getting down when you didn't get one job you wanted. There are so many different jobs that are yet similar that you can try. Just look at all of the McDonald's there are! Good luck at finding a job you like!
    Thank you for your encouragement, I don't mean to ignore anything you said, but I KNOW that vet nursing is what I want to do with my life - it's my passion. The problem is that there aren't a whole lot of clinics I can choose from here, and I can't use my vet nursing skills in any other industry (at least any I am even remotely interested in) - that's the problem with vet nursing, you can only work at a clinic/SPCA. There is only one Pet Shop in all of Wellington city, and they are sales focused, they don't give a stuff about what it is they're selling, they just care about sales. I can't move away because of these reasons:
    1. I have 11 pets - 4 outdoor rabbits in a 2m x 5m hutch, 2 cats, 2 budgies and 3 goldfish. I have just discovered also that the rabbits are hosting mice in the hutch (which is actually kind cute - as long as they stay outside)
    and 2. Matt (my partner) has a really good job that he really enjoys here, he has been there for only 1 1/2 years, they are a really good company and he is doing SO well it would be wrong to make him give it all up because some pathetic people won't give me a chance to prove my skills and will believe whatever they want to believe.

I know I am probably shooting myself in the foot for this but I don't think I can get around it.
    Other animal-related businesses I have tried have either said I'm too qualified or they won't pay enough ($NZ10/hr?!!!) - most of the time the travel makes it impossible to survive on that kind of wage.
    Believe me, I have tried EVERYTHING.
    Thanks again for your encouragement.
    Watch out over the coming months for my brand new website: www.vetnurse.co.nz - currently being constructed (nothing there ATM!) - will update when I can

Heavenly Pet Care

Don't make someone else pick up your litter - have your cats/dogs/rabbits desexed!!!

Yay! I've been boo'd!

I know this is going to sound kind of strange, but have you maybe thought about starting your own business. Something like a groom at home service for people who want their pets groomed but can't make it to an office. Granted it isn't using all of your vet nursing skills, but it does keep you in the area of animals. I know that I would pay to have someone come and cut the gang's claws (I have four 4 and it is a pain in the butt to haul them in for trimming).

Jen is a pet groomer, she could probably tell you more about it than I could.