Yes, this Pet Poll question is so funny! I am the same as you, doggiemom! I also think I'm insane to do it (well, people that don't have pets would think so), but I can't help saying goodbye to my cat whenever I leave my apartment--and I DO tell her when I'll be back! Even if it's just for a short while. It's funny, because I talk to her as if I'm trying to reassure her so she won't be anxious or afraid that I won't come back! I always pet her and give her kisses and say, "I'll see you later tonight, okay?" or "I'll be right back, Saima, I promise." It is hard to leave her! I have to laugh at myself because I know that my cat doesn't understand what I'm saying. I guess I just hope that when I pet her and kiss her before I go that it IS reassuring to her and that she won't be lonely while I'm gone. Sometimes I get this sad image in my mind of Saima waiting by the door for me all day, with a pitiful look on her face! Of course, she probably just goes right to sleep once I leave for the day! But I'm seriously debating whether or not to get another cat so that she'll have company while I'm gone, maybe just so I'LL feel better! Silly!