Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What would your job be in Pettalkville ?

I'm just lovin' this soooo much!! I'm already packed!

------------------

A little side thread just for Phred (that's rhyme, gimme a dime)-

We once had a solid black, silky longhaired kitty named Bunky. I don't know where my son got that name, but it took. Once, me and my boyfriend were watching one of those "Police Academy" movies (okay, it was raining, we had already worked the last jigsaw puzzle, and were completely bored) and in it was a kitty named Bunky, who was also black and long haired! That's when bf told me that firehouses often had resident cats, and they named them Bunky as in "bunkmate" becuase the cats would snooze in the bed with them at night! Is that true? (Bf often didn't know what he was talking about.)

Cody and I are ready, already! What time do we leave??? OOO! We all get to meet Phred! And his furfamily! This is starting to sound a little like HEAVEN!

I think we will need someone to write up a set of standards cause not just anyone can move to Petstalkville! Right? #1. person or person's must love animals.

#3. Every dog must attend obedience classes.

I think I (as Mayor!) will interview everyone who wants to move in, and I'll have several animal helpers that will help me gauge their reactions.

But a charter of sorts is a good idea - maybe we should spilt it between rules for animals, and rules for people!
    Like for people: You must love all animals, or at least be respectful of those you don't.

For pets: All pets are created equal - a 200-pound St. Bernard has no greater rights in any situation than an 8-ounce canary.

I think the idea to have Pettalkville in Tennessee is wonderful, after all, I live in Tennessee. The dogs would love the football team (TN VOLS) because their mascot is Smokey the Bluetick Coonhound. I would probably own the human shelter. That's where dogs can go and pick out their humans. Except we wouldn't keep them in cages. We would let them live in condos, the dogs would go and learn about different families and decidw which one they want. I would also be the dog masousse (spelling?). Every dog loves my massages.

human shelter! heheheeheeee thats funny! What a great thing it would be to see the doggies going around picking out their humans!

not to stirr up our happy little thread, but...

i think the obedience classes should be voluntary. i do great teaching my dogs all by myself. unlees i ended up w/ a specific problem, i don't think i should be forced into going. i however will be taking any future dog of mine to puppy kindergarten. (basically works on the socialization principle.)

i wish that people that were first time dog owners would consider obedience classes, but i really don't think it should be mandatory.

if our community would be as perfect as we hope, people would have the proper judgement on wether they need to go to obedience classes or not.

Crow_noir, just like there's "home-schooling" for kids, it would be fine for dogs, too!

Okay, y'all are already forming into factions - the liberals who think the government needs to tell you what to do (mandatory dog obedience) and the conservatives who think they do very well on their own (voluntary dog obedience). Like I said before, keep this up and y'all won't have to move anywhere - you would have made the same town you already live in!

[This message has been edited by roopooroo (edited June 25, 2001).]

Originally posted by roopooroo:
    Okay, y'all are already forming into factions - the liberals who think the government needs to tell you what to do (mandatory dog obedience) and the conservatives who think they do very well on their own (voluntary dog obedience)
    [This message has been edited by roopooroo (edited June 25, 2001).]
    I don't know, I think the coments you made about liberal and consertive are backwards? I am pretty liberal about the training thing...I guess as long as the dog is well behaved there should be no mandatory training, but I can't understand why someone would not want to attend at least one class because they are a BLAST!!!

Okay, okay - no politics here, just pets and love! I think the rule should be that all dogs need to pass a minimum courtesy/obedience test - home-schooled or school-schooled, it doesn't matter!

Who wants to run the tests? Keep in mind, you can't be bribed by excess puppy kisses!

Cats, of course, would have no need for an obedience test - most would just stare at the tester as if to say "Who are you to order ME, and what are you talking about?"

ROTFLMAO!!! cat obedience...that's a good one!!!! lol

no, actually i beleive there are a few select people out there that could pull off this miricle.

the test...good idea.

(totally off subject of our happy little town... people that leave dogs out on chains 24/7/365 make my blood boil. 99.9 percent of them hardly ever give the dogs attention. and through example after example half or more "chain dogs" turn mean.)

Originally posted by crow_noir:
    (totally off subject of our happy little town... people that leave dogs out on chains 24/7/365 make my blood boil. 99.9 percent of them hardly ever give the dogs attention. and through example after example half or more "chain dogs" turn mean.)
    This sort of behavior, of course, would not be allowed in Pettalkville. No way, no how.