Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOG & PET QUOTES

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

------------------
    Recently adopted by 3 cats: Jackson, Rosie, Fluffy; a dog: Eli; some fish, and my fiancee: Lynn (Vi Co Bi)

"Whoever said you couldn't buy happiness forgot about little puppies."-Gene Hill

"The great thing about dogs is they never have attitude."-Tom Gliatto

"Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job."-Franklin P. Jones

"Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole."-Roger Caras

"Inorder to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneselfto the possibility of becoming partly a dog"-Edward Hoagland

"Every boy should have two things:
    a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one."-Anonymous

"If a dog's prayers were answered, bones would ran from the sky."-Proverb

"You do not own a dog, the dog owns you."-Anonymous

"The best thing about a man is his dog."-French Proverb

Just a couple I pulled out of my dog calendars. Hope y'all enjoyed 'em!

------------------
    *Whoever said you couldn't buy love forgot about dogs.*

Those are all great quotes, will keep some in my folder. Here are a couple more

Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die so do other creatures.
    ---The Dalai Lama

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    ---Gandhi

Originally posted by Iditarodfan:
    Jackiesdaisy- Hey, I just love that last quote! I want at least 2 more dogs. First one I'll name "Bobby McGee" after that great ol' hippie song, done by everyone from Janice Joplin, Kenny Rogers, Kris Kristopherson, to Gordon Lightfoot. Second dog will be named "Shageluk" after a wonderful group of Athabascan kids at Innoko school on the Iditarod trail. BUT of course the BEST DOG OF ALL IS THE ONE YOU HAVE NOW!
    I liked that song "Bobby McGee", I would have many more dogs, but at my age I have to think what would happen to them and you are right the Best Dog is the One You Have Now.
    I have a cousin who raced sled dogs up in New Hampshire, I thought I saw a movie about the Iditarod, is that where they race the dogs up through Alaska for quite a few days., with only minimum rest?
    Jackie

Fuzzy-thanks for sending me Puzzle 49!
    Great quote by Robert Heinlein. There was a time years ago when I read a lot of science fiction & fantasy. I liked "Anne McCaffrey's" Dragon series. Guess I just like books about animals, real or imagined!
    "THE ONE BEST PLACE TO BURY A GOOD DOG IS IN THE HEART OF HIS MASTER." (Ben Hur Lampman)

GOOD JOB "I LOVE MY AUSSIE!" You are 2 for words! Keep lovin those dogs.

GOOD JOB "I LOVE MY AUSSIE!" You are 2 for words! Keep lovin those dogs.

Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935:
    I liked that song "Bobby McGee", I would have many more dogs, but at my age I have to think what would happen to them and you are right the Best Dog is the One You Have Now.
    I have a cousin who raced sled dogs up in New Hampshire, I thought I saw a movie about the Iditarod, is that where they race the dogs up through Alaska for quite a few days., with only minimum rest?

Jackiesdaisy: Anyone besides Jackie who is interested in learning more about the Iditarod Dogsled Race in Alaska can go to
    ( http://www.iditarod.com/index.shtml )
    This is a great website to start gathering information on dogsledding, kennels, mushers, veterinarian checks, ect. There are so many links once you become interested in dogsledding & great books that you'll never come to the end. Jackie You have a great source in your cousin. Do it, you'll find the dogs love to race & pull. PS A good musher keeps the health & care of his dog team as his number ONE priority! The race has 3 mandatory rests, one for 24 hours, the other 2 for 8 hours apiece. Thanks for asking Jackiesdaisy.

Jackie

Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935:

Jackiesdaisy: Anyone besides Jackie who is interested in learning more about the Iditarod Dogsled Race in Alaska can go to
    ( http://www.iditarod.com/index.shtml )
    This is a great website to start gathering information on dogsledding, kennels, mushers, veterinarian checks, ect. There are so many links once you become interested in dogsledding & great books that you'll never come to the end. Jackie You have a great source in your cousin. Do it, you'll find the dogs love to race & pull. PS A good musher keeps the health & care of his dog team as his number ONE priority! The race has 3 mandatory rests, one for 24 hours, the other 2 for 8 hours apiece. Thanks for asking Jackiesdaisy.

Jackie

A little longer than a quote, but to good to pass up! "My wife and I enrolled Molly, our lovable but dumb cocker spaniel, in a ten-week obedience class. At the end of the term Molly had made little progress. We re-enrolled her, but at the end of the second course Molly was still noticeably behind her canine classmates. The instructor, perhaps determined to succeed with our dog, offered to let her repeat the course for the third time at no charge. That evening I heard my wife on the phone with her mother. "Guess what?" Marcie said, "Molly was the only dog in her class to get a scholarship!"
    -At.Lucci (Pittsburgh,Pa.)

Iditarodfan that last post is a funny story.

------------------
    Recently adopted by 3 cats: Jackson, Rosie, Fluffy; a dog: Eli; some fish, and my fiancee: Lynn (Vi Co Bi)

Thanks 'IDITARODFAN'!

------------------
    *Whoever said you couldn't buy love forgot about dogs.*

iditarodfan, that sounds like the story of my Grandson.

[This message has been edited by jackiesdaisy1935 (edited May 23, 2001).]

READY FOR A QUIZ DOG LOVERS?

1. A BOOK THAT'S SHABBY & WORN IS........

2. ANOTHER WORD FOR "DARN" WOULD BE.......

3. AN ELEMENTARY FORM OF SWIMMING IS CALLED.....................

4. WHEN YOU'RE EXHAUSTED, YOU SAY YOU ARE.....................

5. A STRETCH OF LAND THAT BENDS IS A ..........(GOLFERS BETTER KNOW THIS.)

6. AN ESTABLISHED SET OF BELIEFS IS CALLED.............

7. A QUICK, EASY-RUNNING GAIT IS CALLED A ................

8. A FIERCELY DISPUTED CONTEST IS OFTEN REFERRED TO AS A .....................

9. A FORM OF IDENTIFICATION, ESPECIALLY USED IN THE MILITARY, IS A ................

10. LI'L ABNER LIVED HERE............

HAVE FUN..DO U WANT THE ANSWERS POSTED HERE?

Let's see ... my guesses

1. - Dog-eared
    2. - Doggone
    3. - Dogpaddle
    4. - Dogtired?
    5. - Dogsleg
    6. - Dogma
    7. - Dogtrot
    8. - Dogfight
    9. - Dogtags
    10. - DOGPATCH!