Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It bothers me...anyone else?

Originally posted by Twisterdog

Thanks, but I'm sure the majority of people on this board would not agree with you.

I don't know about that! You are one of those people who don't resort to personal attacks to get their points across! That's a well respected trait on any forum!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Originally posted by Twisterdog

Thanks, but I'm sure the majority of people on this board would not agree with you.

not to go off topic but i would

Originally posted by Logan
    I am so glad that my daughter and my stepchildren are very aware of what we believe, and why we believe it. I think it will help them with their lifelong decisions. At least I hope it will.
    Maybe this is why Im not sure what I believe or if I believe at all, I was never even talked to about any of that with my parents, only the religion at school. All I knew was I had to go to church, only on...like Easter and Christmas, but I was never told what we believe, or why or any of that and so maybe that's why I don't think I believe at all?

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I've read this entire listing and this is what Ive got to say about it:

Religious zelotry will do nothing except push people away

That's it. Religion was meant to be a comfort to people in times of need, not a catalyst of events that bring on times of need. Religion has killed more people and started more wars than any other factor in the human experience. Does anyone see a problem with this?
    Maybe people aught to stop using religion as an excuse to do evil things.

Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
    I've read this entire listing and this is what Ive got to say about it:

Religious zelotry will do nothing except push people away

That's it. Religion was meant to be a comfort to people in times of need, not a catalyst of events that bring on times of need. Religion has killed more people and started more wars than any other factor in the human experience. Does anyone see a problem with this?
    Maybe people aught to stop using religion as an excuse to do evil things.
    It's human nature to bend and twist things to achieve one's own ends. This kind of abuse of what religion really should stand for will continue until the end of humanity as we know it.

Of that I am convinced. And there is very little that can be done about it. That's just the way things are. For every good person, there's orders of magnitude more bad apples.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    My comment wasn't meant as an offense, and it was a question. Not saying it was true, just a guess. It has been interpreted the wrong way.

I didn't take offense to anything posted BTW. Just stating my opinion. I agree with ILoveReptiles, until we eliminate human nature from the mix, religion will always be twisted to achive some ill aim. Sad but true....I wish it werent so.

I wish to share this with you all as an example, my daughter was home sick from school and we were watching Ricki Lake, it was about gay teens, how they were being treated badly by others and their parents etc etc, to cut a long story short, a mother and daughter came on who were very religious, and told all the gays they would go to hell, they kept quoting the bible etc, IMO, this was a fine example of exactly what Ittybittykitty was saying, these two people infact did nothing at all for their religion, my daughter was disgusted, and more or less said if thats how religious people are she wanted nothing to do with them, of course most of us know that TRUE christians donot behave in this manner, and are not religious biggots.,(and yes I did explain this to her) but I agree completely showing you are a christian by being kind and caring and loving is the way to promote your religious beliefs, and I am certain more people would be impressed with that, than what we saw on Ricki.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️