Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie's gone

I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved
    Charlie....
    Your sad news touched a part of my heart that I thought had healed a long time ago.
    My Charlie was a Springer Spaniel type
    pup adopted at 8-10 weeks at The Indy Humane
    Society. A visit to the family vet a week later revealed many problems with Charlie.
    Doc said he must have come from a very 'bad
    enviroment'Charlie looked fine and even rode home in the passenger seat, content to look at the changing patterns of leaves & sunlight
    thru the the car windows.Charlie left this
    world less than 5 weeks later.
    He was treated for mange on his belly area
    but later developed Parvo.Charlie was just not strong enough to overcome all that life
    had dealt him.He was released from pain and suffering after it was clear he would never recover. I cried for months.
    The point of this rambling post is that
    8 mos. later I adopted Buddy(Spep/Husky)
    pup whom I love with all my heart and learned
    that it is possible to love and care for
    another furkid.Take all the time you need to
    grieve for your beloved kitty Charlie.
    For now... Please try to find some comfort in knowing that your special Charlie was also loved & cared about by a
    whole group of fellow Pet Talk people.
    Please continue to let everyone know how
    you are doing.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My heart breaks for your loss. Greive for him, heal for him, love again for him.
    Donate to a humane soc or your favorite rescue WHEN your ready.
    We are all here when you need us. We will lift you up when you falter.

Oh Thelma, my heart breaks for you. I echo all of Logan's special words about the people here at Pet Talk. This is the most important role we play on this forum; being loving friends and supporters of our fellow furparents; especially as we face the loss of a beloved baby. It is the worst thing to see a topic heading, knowing that it holds the very painful news that one of our dear fur parents is suffering the loss of a furkid. I hope you can take some solice in knowing what a special life, what special love you provided for Charlie here on earth. And you faced the hardest thing a furparent has to do. The price we all must pay for having the privilege of knowing and sharing in their incredible love; for experiencing the joy they bring us. My heart and prayers are with you Thelma. And of course with precious, brave little Charlie. I know he is looking down upon you from the Bridge with love and incredible gratitude for being such a wonderful, loving mommy. Hold Yertle close. I know he will want to comfort you. Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Dear Thelma ~

I am just now catching up on reading the posts, and I am shaken by the passing of your beloved Charlie; I have tears in my eyes because I feel terribly for you, and because I realize that I will be facing the same situation eventually.

My approx. 2-3 year old boy is also FeLV+ and his lifespan is uncertain; I enjoy him as if every day may be his last. I commend you for giving Charlie the chance to live his little life, regardless of it's longevity. When I found my youngster and took him to be neutered, etc. his pre-op labs came back and I was given the bad news. It was suggested that he be euthanized. I chose to go ahead with all shots and neutering; hoping and praying for the best. It is an emotional and financial committment not many people are willing to make, because FeLV will steal a cat's life and there is no cure.

If it is any comfort, please know that Charlie will always be beholden to you for being so brave and taking him under your wing. Always remember that you did all you could for him, and he knows that you loved him so very much.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Thelma

Like many of us here, on seeing the title of this thread, I knew the news was bad before I opened it up this morning. I am so sorry for your loss. It takes special love to let a precious friend go, but it is the right and brave thing to do in a case like your lovely Charlie. To grieve is very important and we're all with you as you go through this sad time.
    Helen

I only just read the news, I am terribly sorry. I never know what to say in circumstances like these, just that I know how bad it hurts and that I will keep you and Charlie in my thoughts.

Please take care
    Gio

I am so sorry to read of your loss.
    I wish you all the best.

8. There are no words to add. God Bless Charlie.

Thank you everyone for your support and reassurance. This would have been much more difficult without them. It is a tremendous comfort to know that I have so many cyber-shoulders on which to cry. You're all very special and wonderful people.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a computer at home so I could not reply over the weekend, but please know that I am extremely grateful for all of the kind words you have posted.

Pam, thank you for being there.

Chuck, thanks again. You’ve always got this wealth of information to share with us.

Leah, Yes, Charlie was still just a baby. I think they’re right when they say that only the good die young.

Logan, I do hug Yertle, although he doesn’t let me for very long. He was a little more restless than usual this weekend and I felt pretty bad for him. He actually let me hold him a little longer on Saturday. Such a little sweetie-he comforted Charlie, now he’s comforting me.

Phred, Thank you. I will check out that site.

Leslie, thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts.

Lizbud, Thank you for sharing the story of your sweet Charlie. It’s such a difficult thing to go through. It is definitely a comfort to know that you all care.

Staci, Many, many thanks!

Sandra, It is very difficult, and I agree that the joy and love that they bring us greatly outweighs anything else, even this. Yertle and I thank you for your prayers.

AvaJoy, I did the same with Charlie-had him neutered, gave him his shots and took him home. He was a happy, healthy-looking, bouncing kitten just bursting with energy. I figured I would give him the best life I could for as long as I could. Do the same for your little sweetheart. Give him snuggles and kisses every day. It helps to know that you did the very best you could for them. My sincerest wishes that he live a very long and happy life.

Helen, thank you for your comforting words.

Gio, you don’t even have to say anything. Just knowing that you’re out there and you care is more helpful than you know.

Kitty Peon and Edwina’s Secretary, thank you so much.

May God bless all of you and all those that are close to your hearts.

Gratefully,
    Thelma and Yertle

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: thelmalu99 ]

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Thelma,
    I am so very sorry that you lost Charlie. It's so sad! I can't imagine how sad you must be, I have never lost a pet (of course I'm only 9 and haven't been alive very long) and it must be so horrible losing one you've loved so much and have only had for such a short time. You certainly have my symphothy. I couldn't imagine losing Boogie or Samson.. Boogie is my beloved 12 year old Tuxedo/Tabby, and Samson is actually my 22 year old sister's dog, but he is wonderful even though he is not really "my" dog. At least you will get to see Charlie in Heaven, and I bet he will be able to talk!!
    Hugs and purrs,
    ~Mary
    ALL ABOUT BOOGIE

Mary,
    Thank you for your kind words.
    This is not the first time I have lost a pet and I can tell you for sure it doesn't get any easier.
    I'm trying to focus on the fun times, the goofy things he did and the laughter he brought into my heart. I guess that's the best way to handle this.
    Thanks again for being a part of this community of wonderful people.
    Thelma and Yertle

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Dear Thelma,

When I saw your post my heart sank - to that place where your heart is now. Oh boy, do I know that feeling. Over the years I have lost a wonderful dog and three precious cats. Magic went to the Rainbow Bridge last year and in May Patches joined him.

With the exception of the loss of my father
    (my mother died when I was very young) I don't think I have ever grieved over anyone as I did the loss of my pets.

I am so very sorry that you have lost Charlie. Time does heal and sometime in the future perhaps you can think about providing a wonderful home to another cat.
    In the meantime, my prayers and thoughts go out to you over your loss.

Gini