Thread: Advertisements!

Advertisements!

I have been enjoying Cat of the Day for probably close to two years now, maybe longer...and today is only the second time I have seen an advertisement on the page. I don't know how you guys have managed to avoid this for so long or how the Pet of the Day site is funded. One time before, as I recall, there were ads for a brief period. Those ads were rather annoying to my recollection, with flashing and/or moving images. Thankfully the current "ads by Google" are much more subtle.

Once again, I thank those who have provided this site at no charge, with no discernible advertising or requests for donations, for such a long time. The Cat of the Day page is my homepage on three computers, one at home and one at each of my two workplaces. I hope that if the advertisements continue to appear on the page, they will remain as "noninvasive" as the current ones.

Take care, MARTHA and Julie ("Meow!") the Calico Princess
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

I am glad you enjoy Cat of the Day! For six years we have run with very few ads. We plan to test the Google ads for about a week. Hopefully, these ads or some other ads can help pay for the increasing costs and perhaps pay for upgrades to our server.

Paul

I dislike ads that start popup windows, but these seem very calm and they don't leap off the page at you. I hope they help with the upkeep and maintenance costs.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I have not seen the ads yet.
    Last edited by amoore; 01-07-2004 at 02:40 PM.

Originally posted by Fuzzy317
    I dislike ads that start popup windows, but these seem very calm and they don't leap off the page at you. I hope they help with the upkeep and maintenance costs.
    I agree, and I also visited one of the sites in the ads and bookmarked it because there were some nice things there that I may want to go back to (and even spend money on but that's the whole idea!)