Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help...is this normal?

This is a bit embarrassing as well, but hope no-one's offended.

My first cat, Oliver, (ginger boy, neutered) also used to enjoy certain "manly" pleasures. One day, one of my sons (he was about six at the time), noticing Olly's obvious delight in himself, asked me quite innocently, what the little pink pimple was! Not much of a confidence-boosting comment, I thought.
    Helen

And Helen - did you then give your son a lesson on the birds and the bees????

Originally posted by yorkster:
    <STRONG>

yes Charlie, that is what my friends vet told him- that it is closely related to beong VERY happy and content (like cats get when they nead, & purr-purr-purr).
    As far as growing out of it......I don't know.</STRONG>

oh well...maybe I should be flattered? &lt;g&gt;

This is such a funny post! Poor thelmalu, I bet you could have died when you found out what Elvis was doing!

I had to call my hubby and tell him, we both agreed NOT to tell Noah...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy:
    <STRONG>I had to call my hubby and tell him, we both agreed NOT to tell Noah... </STRONG>
    I agree that it's probably best not to give Noah any ideas. Those orange kitties can get pretty fresh sometimes!

Yes, I was absolutely mortified when I realized what he was up to. I tried to let him down easy, though. Didn't want him to think I don't appreciate his affections. I let him know that, even though I think he's very attractive, I prefer to date within my own species. I mean, what would my family think?!?

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Yes, it's hard to broach the idea of a mixed marriage to family......

Elvis is pretty cute though!
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

As for growing out of it...

My feline pervert, Napoleon, has been stealing my sweaters and doing x-rated things to them since he was 6 months old. He's beens neutered for 11 years now and shows no signs of slowing down his romantic exploits.

Sorry to dash your hopes.

Years ago, when I was a teenager, we had two female dogs - spayed - and they would mount each other etc. etc. in the back yard, infront of the entire neighborhood and my Mom would go wild, yelling at them, calling them stupid names and they of course, would not stop. It never bothered me as I thought of it as being part of nature. One other time, I was also approached by an altered male dog when I was on the floor playing with him.... I learned my lesson quickly. The cat thing, well, so far I have been lucky. Isn't Mother Nature WONDERFUL?

Right before we had Ritz spayed, she had gone into her first heat - which included one potentially embarrassing attempt to get her mirror image to mate with her. She had jumped up on my dresser, saw herself in the mirror, started the UNMISTAKABLE meeeroooowwring, and stood with her "behind" firmly planted, raised and poised at the mirror. She would then look around tomake sure that "other cat" was still there.

It was all the incentive I needed to get this veterinary milestone behind us! Since then, she has no interest whatsoever in "alice in the lookinglass".

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: tuxluvr ]
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

I have had several cats and I have never had one of them do this. I am sorry but I think it is so funny!! Also I don't think it is normal.Quite funny!!!
    Misty's Mom

tuxluvr, just the mind picture of the "cat through the looking glass" is too, too funny And I thought MY guys were weird
    laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Our Tinker spent her first Christmas in the Garage! (well...not all of it...but you get the idea)
    She would be fine until dad came home from work then she would CALL to my dad, roll around to entice him, etc etc...Very funny but very annoying b/c she would NOT quit! And if he started talking to her, she would "assume the position."

LOL ..."ASSUME THE POSITION" exactly!! Hey I read a quote somewhere "If it didn't feel so good, none of us would be here!"
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

This topic is just toooo hilarious!

As for checking under the tail to be sure of neutering, that made me ponder . . . my ginger boy Meeshe is supposedly neutered, but he still has perfect cottonballs there . . . exactly WHAT is the procedure, and aren't the cottonballs supposed to look shriveled up or at least a little smaller?? I seem to remember previous neutered cats I've had with not much of anything protruding there after surgery . . . That was years ago, so maybe the surgical procedure has advanced to where the testicles are left intact and not at all deformed? Or . . . were my previous males butchered?!!

Well, until I know for sure I got (or should I say Meeshe lost) what I paid for, I'm not going to be on the floor anytime soon when Meeshe is nearby!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs