Thread: Digital Cameras

Digital Cameras

I will hopefully be getting a digital camera for Christmas, but I'm not sure what kind/brand to ask for. Anyone have any tips on what to look for or what brand is best? Thanks in advance
    Stephanie, Honey, and Pepper

Thank you for the wonderful sig kfamr!

Well, I have a Canon PowerShot A60 and they've recently come out with an A70. I haven't heard or saw any complaints about either camera and I just love mine.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I have the same one as Kay. The A80 came out recently also. I love the a60... I can't think of one flaw.
    Last edited by binka_nugget; 11-28-2003 at 09:26 PM.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

We have a Sony Cybershot...............its an awesome camera, and known to be one of the best brands. They have so many better Sony's than our's now, because we got our's about two years ago.....but its an excellent camera, takes great pictures, is VERY easy to use and upload onto the computer (takes seconds), doesn't require a disk, and all the reviews I've read about it are excellent. Our camera takes 60 second videos too (longer in lower quality). I believe Canon and Olympus are great brands too.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 11-28-2003 at 08:51 PM.

We have an Olympus Stylus and it takes great pictures and silent 15 second films. I love my camera.

EDIT: Darnit, I keep mixing them up. My camera is an Olympus Camedia, not Stylus.
    Last edited by primabella; 11-28-2003 at 09:27 PM.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I have an Olympus Camedia. It's big, but I like it.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

I have a Canon Powershot A70. I love it. I've had Sony, Olympus, and Fuji and I think Canons are by far, the better quality.

I have an older Olympus Camedia and I really like it.

I would condsider another one when I go to get a new camera. The others mentioned are very good also. A lot of it depends on what you want to spend and what you want it to do.

Here is a link of a digital camera review site that I used alot when I was searching for mine:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

If you want I can find some of the others just send me a PM. The one I included was pretty good.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Originally posted by popcornbird
    We have a Sony Cybershot...............its an awesome camera, and known to be one of the best brands. They have so many better Sony's than our's now, because we got our's about two years ago.....but its an excellent camera, takes great pictures, is VERY easy to use and upload onto the computer (takes seconds), doesn't require a disk, and all the reviews I've read about it are excellent. Our camera takes 60 second videos too (longer in lower quality). I believe Canon and Olympus are great brands too.
    I have a Sony Cybershot (DSC-P51) as well. I LOVE it. Just like PCB said, it's easy to use, easy uploading, good quality photos, etc. I think it is pretty affordable as well (it was a gift so I don't know the exact price of it).

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Originally posted by RubyMutt
    I have a Sony Cybershot (DSC-P51) as well. I LOVE it. Just like PCB said, it's easy to use, easy uploading, good quality photos, etc. I think it is pretty affordable as well (it was a gift so I don't know the exact price of it).
    We got our's for over $200 on sale 2 years ago. It has to be cheaper now. My friend recently got a newer Sony Cybershot that's 4 megapixels. Its AWESOME. Not sure what price she got it for but it was much more expensive than our's.

I may order the Canon Power Shot G5, they offer $150 rebate right now. My friend has the Canon EOS 1, but it's like $2000.
    anyone have the G5? It takes 3 minute movies, which is what I NEED
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I have a Kodak EasyShare DX4330. It takes short video clips with sound.

Former User Guest
    Dobiegirl24, did you decide already what you want?

We have Sony, but it's like 5 years old already, takes great pics though. But, just few hours ago, we ordered Canon Powershot A80. Can't wait to get it!

Thanks for the help everyone! So far, from what everyone has said and what I've read, I think I like the Canon Powershot A80 the most
    Stephanie, Honey, and Pepper

Thank you for the wonderful sig kfamr!