Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Thomas

Aww Julie you sound like you really have your heart set on adopting this precious kitty. Come on there Hubby, just think what great company Thomas would be for Ally.
    You want to make your wife happy don't you?(Gosh I hope this works.)

Good luck Julie.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I pray that Thomas can find a forever home in you.

I know its extra work, but its worth it when that special one comes along.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Guys, it's working!!!

Without even "trying" to manipulate the conversation last night, we somehow got to talking about Thomas again! My husband was full of PRACTICAL questions (all of which I had ready answers for):

- where will we put another litter box? (we have plenty of space);

- where would he sleep (initially in out guest suite until he and Ally are introduced properly, and then in the kitchen with Ally);

- will it be a problem when we go on vacation (no- we already have a pet sitter, and Ally will have company so she will not be as naughty)

- what if he sprays everywhere? (he shouldn't - he has been fixed and I'm HOPING that bringing him into a loving home after being in the shelter will GET RID of any behavioural problems he may have)

- what if he doesn't get on with Ally? (I am worried about this too. She has shown aggression towards rescued kittens which have slept in the house, so I actually think it may be easier to introduce her to an adult cat who can stick up for himself. Also Thomas has a very relaxed laid-back purrsonality - he's just a big snuggle-bug, so I hope they will get along. Just have to make sure all their claws are trimmed

I also pointed out to my husband that the timing is perfect - he is going away on Wednesday night on business. Our weekend starts on Thursday, so I can pick Thomas up on Thursday and have the whole weekend with Ally and Thomas at home, then the following week is mid-term break, so my teenagers are at home to keep an eye on things. (They are all very loving and responsible towards animals, so no worries there!). Hopefully by the time hubby gets back at the end of the month Ally and Thomas will be getting along OK. It also gives me enough time to make sure they will be OK together before we go on vacation in December, PLUS Ramadan starts next week, and I only work until 2pm, so I will have more time at home........

I am really believing in my heart that I will be bringing Thomas home with me on Thursday - keep the prayers coming - they are working!!!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Julie -- Just read your note and sounds very promising Your timing on bringing Mr. T home couldn't be better. We'll keep all the prayers and good wishes flying your way til it's a done deal Blessings to you and yours -- Bobbi

Sorry, I only just seen this....

Sounds like you are making some progress with hubby! Adding my prayers and positive thoughts in for Thomas to find himself home with you.

Oooo fingers crossed ..............
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

ooh Ally I can feel the excitement brewing from way over here, I so hope you can bring Thomas home, he sounds so special, and having had such a rough start to life, he will be truely blessed with his furever home with you.

Your hubby sounds a bit like mine, practical and logical , but a real softie underneath, especially when it comes to animals , and pleasing you, sounds like he is coming around to your way of thinking , but if all else fails, use those feminine wiles on him ok

Hoping to hear GOOD NEWS SOON>>>>>
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hope to read soon that Thomas is in his new home, yours.
    Steffi and Lovable

Julie, I'm sending prayers your way too. I sure hope that by this Thursday that Thomas will be in his new loving forever home which is your home. I think that the timing is perfect and that he was meant to become your second cat. Good luck and please keep us updated.

I went to the shelter today at lunchtime and spent 30 minutes with Thomas. He is such a darling - just wants to rub his face all over me! He is quite big-built compared to Ally (who is, after all, quite "dainty" but he is not heavy or chunky - just solid. He is such a good looking boy - even without a tail. When I pet him I can feel little scars running all over his body - I can only shudder to think what he has gone through.

In an act of total faith I filled in the adoption papers (purely a formaility as they know me so well).

Hubby hasn't said YES, but he hasn't said NO, so I think he is giving in!!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Julie, that sounds good

I will keep all fingers crossed and ask F+T to cross their paws too

All fingers, toes, and paws crossed from here too!!! Good Luck! Just as an FYI: my husband once said no as well...about three cats ago!!!

Just read this...keeping fingers & paws crossed...sounds promising!!

Originally posted by trinity
    All fingers, toes, and paws crossed from here too!!! Good Luck! Just as an FYI: my husband once said no as well...about three cats ago!!!
    Ditto. Steve really stuck his toes in about number 4 (Treacle), two cats ago.

Sounds very good for Thomas, I am so excited for you, Julie.

Where are the photos ?

Oh my, fingers, toes, paws and claws are all crossed over here. Sending prayers and lots of good positive thought for Thomas....I hope your husband is caving.....keep us posted.

Meg and the Chartier Crew

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08