Thread: dumb NZ t.v show...makes me mad...

dumb NZ t.v show...makes me mad...

The thread regarding fear factor, has made me post this.
    I have just got through watching the start to the new series Celebrity Treasure Island.

Let me explain, there is a woman's and man's team, all NZ celebrities, living on an island in fiji for two weeks, having to do certain tasks to gain food etc etc, similar to the american show survivor, the winner will win $30,000 dollars for a charity, which is all well and good.

However tonight the girl team won a large marlin to eat, and the boy's had nothing, however one of the guys went and captured a baby goat away from its mother, and then proceeded to tease the girls he would slaughter it in front of them if they did not negotiate and give them half the fish.

The end result was of course the girls gave in, just in case he decided to carry out this disgusting mission.

This really upset me , I was so damn angry, the poor little thing was bleating, and he held it by the throat in gesture as he was going to kill it.

I do think if he had there would have been a public outcry, but I am angry that this event even happened, and the poor kid was traumatised for what?????

I am going to write in and complain.

This sort of crap really makes my blood boil, I donot consider this entertainment.

I probably will not watch it anymore on prinicipal.

P.S My main concern was, after he had released it would the little kid find its mother again, there were 60 other goats on the island, hopefully by smell, all for the sake of a damn TV show GRRRRR
    Last edited by carole; 10-05-2003 at 03:53 AM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am glad you are going to complain!

What that man did is just mean and disgusting!

Perhaps if enough people complain, this guy won't be a "celebrity" after this show is over. I know if I had a favorite celebrity and they did something like this, I would not want to have anything to do with them or the show that they were on ever again.

Kick him and the producers where it hurts-- in the wallet. A lot of famous people and companies respond if they think they are going to lose money.

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

I hate all these new reality shows!
    i hope the kid found his mommy again
    if people want to get on tv and starve them selfs or have themselfs tortured that is on them! but animals did not ask to come try to win a million dollars on a stupid tv show so some stupid guy can eat some fish!
    maybe if enough people complain they will stopdoing this sort of thing to animals on tv.

I totally agree with you both, unfortunately sevens the man is a sport' hero, it appears they can never do any wrong, so I doubt whether he will loose his celebrity status over this.

I have yet to find out an address of where to complain, but I know I can write to the editor of the TV GUIDE , so that is my first step, let us hope other animal lover's follow suit.

This show had me agonising over this little fella's plight, I certainly did not enjoy that feeling one little bit.

SHAME ON THEM AND NZ TV FOR PUTTING THIS STUPID PART IN THE SHOW. and yes leave animals out of it, of course people say the participants on the show are starving, (for charity) so they have to capture food and eat it, but this just does not wear with me, they donot have to do this show or have shows like this.

GRRRR GRRR I am still boiling over this.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️