Thread: billys eyes

billys eyes

My new 5 month old kitten has really running eyes. He is no longer snezzing or coughing the medicine worked for that. But his eyes they look gross.any help!?
    PURR PURR. Cats are God's gift of love to his children. A gift of love and companianship to remind us that he is always with us. PURR PURR

I'm sorry to hear that Billy's eyes are still running. Have you called your vet to let him know this? If not I'd call the vet and let him know what's going on. You may need to give him some kind of eye oinment to clear this up. Good luck and please keep us updated.

does billy have allergies ,or is it something else. i agree with her,ask the vet.

Runny Eyes

I would shy away from eye ointments if possible, after having to take Chubby to a cat eye doctor,($$$) the medicine and the nasal flush worked fine but the eye ointment had so many nasty side effects including DAMAGING the eye, I said NO WAY.
    Simply rinse their eyes with sterile saline, like you would for contacts- even the name brand large bottles are cheap, and have the same ingredients as the expensive pet eye drops. This works great for my crew...now if I could get two of thems stuffy noses taken care of I'd be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shell
    Never a kitty shall cry in the rain, nor live alone in the wood as long as I'm nearby. Fluffy or tattered, chubby or thin, they're all welcomed here-Come on in!

Well we did call the vet today and they gave us more antibotic for Billy .Now Corbyn is coughing so we got him pills. So all should be well in the Frisky house. Now if I can only get my husband to turn the heat on!!!Its not that cold yet but when my nose gets cold I want HEAT!
    PURR PURR. Cats are God's gift of love to his children. A gift of love and companianship to remind us that he is always with us. PURR PURR

billys meds

Let me know what they gave your 'babies' for their colds and if you feel it works on them, mine are not coughing but two of them are very stuffy, they had the eye trouble until recently.
    Thanks, Shell
    Never a kitty shall cry in the rain, nor live alone in the wood as long as I'm nearby. Fluffy or tattered, chubby or thin, they're all welcomed here-Come on in!

My girl kitten, Emily has always had runny eyes. We took her to our vet who did a swipe to check under the microscope and he gave her drops "just in case" although he did not see anything specific. Our family vet says that some cats have irritated eyes if they are meticulous in the cat box - stirring up amounts of dust that irritate their eyes. I HAVE noticed she is fastidious and DOES scrape and scrape in the box - and always these runny eyes. I have tried several brands of litter but now resigned to just cleaning her eyes each day. She is so used to it, she puts her little face up for me to clean with a damp cloth. (well, MOST of the time) Could this be the case with your Billy??