Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day in the life of an office cat

Originally posted by 2kitties
    Ritzy Ritzy, this is Rocky. Your life looks like a blast. I'd like to be an office kitty too. See, I'd be good at it, just like you:

Rocky, you are a NATURAL!! And I love your white "nose splash"....a great twist on the classic tuxedo look!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Re: Re: Day in the life of an office cat

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Terry calls that "toed in." Toe in and toe out are terms used for aligning tires on cars and it looks like Ritzy is just a little "toed in." Being "toed in" makes it easier to go around corners at higher speeds. So I don't know how much high speed cornering you do these days, Ritzy, but if you did, you'd be good at it.

That explains a lot! Does she do any high speed cornering??? WEll, yes..she tears down the carpeted stairs going about 90, skipping two or three steps on each land, then hits the linoleum landing and makes an IMMEDIATE 90 DEGREE TURN...and in seconds flat, is rounding the turn from the great room to the kitchen.......hmmmm Nascar kitty! (and at 15 lbs she makes about as much noise-we refer to it as the "thundering kitty herd")

Re: Re: Re: Day in the life of an office cat

Originally posted by tuxluvr
    hmmmm Nascar kitty! (and at 15 lbs she makes about as much noise-we refer to it as the "thundering kitty herd")
    Yep, it's NASCAR all the way here. My boys are like - who are the big nascar rivals?- anyway. Rocky weighed in at 16lbs last time so he's a bit of a thundercat himself. And Taz is a mere 8 lbs, but can keep up!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Day in the life of an office cat

Yep, it's NASCAR all the way here. My boys are like - who are the big nascar rivals?- anyway. Rocky weighed in at 16lbs last time so he's a bit of a thundercat himself.
    And it almost looks like Rocky is a little "toed out" which would explain the "thundercat" because he wouldn't be able to do the corners quite as well as if he were "toed in."

And Ritzy! I never knew! You are always so sedate in your photos that I never knew you had a high speed side to you.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Re: Re: Re: Re: Day in the life of an office cat

Yep, it's NASCAR all the way here. My boys are like - who are the big nascar rivals?- anyway. Rocky weighed in at 16lbs last time so he's a bit of a thundercat himself. And Taz is a mere 8 lbs, but can keep up!

I think Ritz may be pushing that 16lb mark - we had to change her diet to take care of urinary crystals, and this food tends to make them a little more weight prone...when people see Ritz, they see BIG CAT, must be a boy...but she is all girl....all the way to the occasional snooty attitude. She is extremely active - at 3yrs old I keep thinking "when do they quit running around like kittens'? But, I also treasure it -she is a lot of fun...she gets going about 8pm running through the house doing her bootleg 180's on the kitchen linoleum, scaring herself into one of those little "fright dances" with a curled up fuzzed out tail....just hilarious.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Day in the life of an office cat

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    And it almost looks like Rocky is a little "toed out" which would explain the "thundercat" because he wouldn't be able to do the corners quite as well as if he were "toed in."

And Ritzy! I never knew! You are always so sedate in your photos that I never knew you had a high speed side to you.
    A lady has secrets (and meowmie tries to get photos of me in "full romp mode" but they always just come out a big black and white blur)......and of course these moments of wild abandon are padded on each side with a suitable 16-hour nap, after all, a girl needs her beauty sleep!

Edwina, see question about fashion category earlier in thread..

Ahhhh, I just can't get enough of these pretty black and whites!
    Great pics!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

It is so nice to see the beautiful Ritzy again.
    The photos of her and Rocky side by side made me think of matching bookends for the office.
    If you would prefer a set of mini tux bookends for your office decor, Noah's Mommy has two sets, one in black/white and the other in gray/white.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    It is so nice to see the beautiful Ritzy again.
    The photos of her and Rocky side by side made me think of matching bookends for the office.
    If you would prefer a set of mini tux bookends for your office decor, Noah's Mommy has two sets, one in black/white and the other in gray/white.

Hmm..tuxedo bookends! What a cool idea! Cataholic actually has enough for a tuxedo "border"

Ritzy sweetie, it’s always a pleasure to see you, no wonder your mommy gets inspired with you sitting in the office.

But of course, a bit of exersise never hurts, so you do your racing around and keep fit. Fister says to tell you mom: “Don’t get Hills W/D to try and slim you down, it’s really not that yummy” (less fat).

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by tuxluvr
    Edwina, see question about fashion category earlier in thread..

Edwina responds
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=33117

Oh, Ritzy, what a stunningly gorgeous cat you are!!