View Poll Results: Do you want to be a Vet when you grow up?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not Really

13 35.14%
  • Duh!

12 32.43%
  • Yes, No- Mabey-So

12 32.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Wants to Be a Vet?

Who Wants to Be a Vet?

Ever since I was a little tot I have always wanted to be a vet. That is my dream to this day and someday a hope to become a vet. My plan is after I finish high school I will go on to college. I know it will take a lot of hard wor but I will put on my best. So my question is: WHO WANTS TO BE A VET WHEN THEY GROW UP?~Layka
    Layka

I want to be a vet!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Yes, I do! It's been a dream of mine ever since I can remember... I'm attending a high school this year, that has a "pre vet" program, where you can assist real vets and take care of animals. After I graduate high school, I plan to go to U.C Davis, and from there...a vet!

I also would love to work for Guide Dogs of America, training guide/assistant dogs for people. I also, would like to open up a rescue for unwanted golden retrievers.
    Last edited by GoldenRetrLuver; 08-18-2003 at 12:57 AM.

i used to want to be a vet, but decided against it for various reasons. if i do become a vet, which i guess is still a possibility, i'd be a holistic vet, not enough of those in the world but for now i've got my sights set on photography
    Stephanie, Honey, and Pepper

Thank you for the wonderful sig kfamr!

I want to be a Animal Cop!

Me 2!

Future Vet,
    The closest thing that I got to a vet was a comp. game called "Vet Emergency" it not that bad you get degrees and you cure animals and stuff like that. I got it only for 15 $. Its really cheap and its worth it.

After hhigh school, I am thinkin about heding to UC Davis, my Math teacher told me that he wen't there and it has the best vet classes in US. The only problem is that it is a long ways away from where I live..... Washington. But when I get older I will probably some how find a way to move or whatever works. My parents hate the fack that i am away from home... especially summer I am always gone at friends or Canada visiting.

That is really cool that I have friends who I have stuff in common with.

P.S. PM me. I want to be friends.

~Layka
    Layka

I love working with animals, but I don't think I could ever have enough courage to be a vet. I think mentally I don't have what it takes to deal with the bad aspects of being a vet. I could see myself becomming depressed everytime an animal died in the hospital and blaming myself for it. But for now I really enjoy being a pet sitter, I love working with different animals.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Same here.

My mom says that I wont be able to handel that blood and death of the animals.
    Layka

I've never been "cringy" around blood, or anything else that relates to it.

I dont want to be a VET Iwant to be a VET tech . thats when you do prep and stuff, like you have to shave the belly befor operation, you have to do injections, and put animals down . but I dont think it would bother me, I think if it is best for the animal, and stops the suffering, so be it .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Hmmmmm...think think.

When I grew up, in Yugoslavia we lived on a farm and one day I fell of my balcony and fell on the pavment. Ever since I have had a bloody nose very often. I went ot the doctors and they say it happend because of the fall. So I am used to blood it doesnt scary me at all. I am not gona let some stupid injury ruin my future and dream. Or I am not gona let it get in my way.!-Zana
    Layka

Yes. I want to be a veterinarian. I want to be an equine or livestock veterinarian.

I would also love to work at the SPCA in Houston. I really want to own my own dog boarding kennel or doggy daycare center. I have also considered being a DNR Warden or Fish and Wildlife Service worker. What ever my job may be it will revolve around animals that's for sure.

i already have planned to be an Equine Vetrenary Technician.

*maybe a interior decorator or a chef.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I als oahve always wanted to own a Rescue Center for un-wanted dogs. Its so sad . Did you know that there is 22 dogs to every person in the world?
    Layka

I have been considering being a vet for a long time but it isn't for me. My sister is in the Sciences and she is having the hardest time. I'm not a hard worker like she is so I wouldn't even make it past college.

I'm going into advertising or web designing. Maybe I'll act. Lol, yeah right. But if I do still want to be a vet later on, there are courses I can take. I just don't think it's for me.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road