Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A cat's way to express its disagreement...

A cat's way to express its disagreement...

Kitties can be really creative to show their mommies and daddies they don't agree with their actions...

Luna is teaching me such a lesson these days:
    It's very hot and humid here so I'm opening the windows wide before I go to bed, to let some fresh air in. To be sure Luna cannot fall out of the window, I bring her into her room and close the door as long as the windows are open. Of course she doesn't like it and complains and scratches the door, but she has to stay there for about 15 minutes or so.

And what do I find every time I let her in again? She has pooped right next to her litter box!!! And the mess looks like one big accusation to me!

What does your cats do to show they disagree with you?

Kirsten

Many years ago I had a cat Zile who would poop on my pyjamas on my bed if I left her alone overnight. She would also knock flowerpots off shelves during the night if i locked her out of the bedroom. She also once put a dead mouse she had caught in my shoe when I was to busy to pay attention to her. Next morning in the dark I put on my shoes. I'm sure the neighbours were wondering what was going on.

She also once put a dead mouse she had caught in my shoe when I was to busy to pay attention to her.
    LOL, I can't believe she did that! That was one smart kitty! Wonder what was going on in her little head while she was doing that! Probably something like "I'll teach mommy not to ignore me..."

Kirsten

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Goldie used to poop in the bathtub. Mitzi flings litter all over the place; Mishi carries his mousie around and leaves it in strange places that I'm sure to step on in the middle of the night - OW!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Tama does the same thing whenever he doesn't get his way.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Juni just ignores me, no sitting in my lap, no kissing, nothing...

Originally posted by Vio&Juni
    Juni just ignores me, no sitting in my lap, no kissing, nothing...
    Ali does the same thing!
    Jack, well, I can't say that he has ever done anything to show us that he is mad at us. He does complain at us when we tell him No though.

My mom's cat, Sasha once pooped in my mom's shoe because my mom wouldn't let her outside

Georgie ignores me if he is upset but he still follows me around the house and sits in front of me with his back to me.

It is like he is saying ' See Mum, I'm ignoring you.'

Cubby will bite me or he will sit and cry for the rest of the night. If you spary him with the water bottle when he is getting in trouble that is a sure way to know that for the rest of the day he will sit and cry. He doesn't care what room you are in he will sit right in front of you and cry for no reason. If you spray him more than once a day then he will bite. This morning I had to spray him 3 times and now he just wants attention his mood changes by the number of times you spray him. He is kinda weird like that but he's happy.

When I go out of town Corkscrew will poop in my bathtub or outside of his litterbox to show me that he's mad.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Seems the "poop outside the litter box"-thing is a poplular punishment in the feline world... But the ignoring-method must be so much harder to deal with... :eek It would break my heart if Luna would do that! LOL

Kirsten

I'll never forget...

One day, when I was about sixteen, I was getting ready to go to school. I'd packed all of my school lunch except for the muffin that was sitting on my bedside table. I'd forgotten to put it in the bag. Whiskey, Mum's cat, was eyeing it off hopefully. She has a real sweet tooth, that kitty!

No matter what she did, I wasn't going to give it to her. Eventually, I put it in my bag. She was NOT pleased! She looked at me with a very sour little face and wandered over to my favourite jumper. She cocked her leg and PEED on it!

Another of her tricks is peeing/pooring in the shower. She knew that I would have to clean it up, so she only did it if I personally did something to tick her off.

As for Pixie, she just drives us nutty by getting into everything (scratching couches, biting ankles, eating ear phones) until she gets her way....

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I guess I'm a lucky one because when my husband and I go away and then come back my furkids just will not leave us alone. From the time we come in the door, they are under my feet. If I go to sit I have at least 3 hissing and growling at each other because they all want to be on my lap or close to me.

My mother on the other hand, when she came back from a 9 day trip to Florida, her 8 had torn the house apart. They took downt he curtains in both the kitchen and living room, the phone was off the hook, the TV was on, the living room end tables which have a storage area under them....all the contents were scattered all over the living room and last but not least, my mom had a basket full of grocery coupons......well they were everywhere in the house. I think she may still be finding coupons to this day.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Tigris just talks back to me. Filou is among the "ignoring" group.

15. Edwina favors a nice poop in the dining room to express her dissatisfaction with any extended trips....