Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ti is going to a new home tomorrow

SAS,

{{{hugs}}}

What a rough situation. Your patience and thoughtfulness are inspiring. Hang in there.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Sas, I hope Ti goes to a good home and that Miley heals quickly.
    I know you did all that you could.
    I will go answer your PM now.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Now that you have made you decision I feel that I can speak without being afraid to sway you one way or another. Someone said earlier in the other thread that Miley is your link with Graemer and I feel that way too. Although I never met Grammy Crackers either, just knowing that you have precious Miley, the survivor, the one who was able to stay healthy in the midst of the awfulness that claimed the life of Graemer and Gabe, has helped me to cling a little to the past. She is a beautiful sensitive kitty and she has been through so much. She has had a lot of losses in her short life and on top of all of that she has had so much stress with the Ti man these past few months. I am breathing a big sigh of relief tonight. I am so happy for Miley and I am also happy for you. Worrying about which doors are shut and where this cat is and that cat is has to be making you a little crazy. I know I would cave in at much less.

I know you will miss Ti, as will we all. He had become a Pet Talk favorite almost instantly. It was sweet the way he and Juni Rose took to one another but one cannot say with certitude that one day he would not have become aggressive even with Juni as she matured into a bigger girl.

I applaud and commend you for the things that you have tried - the Feliway, the home-made screen door and booking an appointment with a behaviorist. These are things that speak volumes about your devotion and commitment to Ti. I only hope that his next home is as loving as yours.

For now, I look forward to hearing happy stories from Camp Vermont when the sweet little patient returns on Monday. I think she and Juni will make such a precious pair of cuddlebugs, and as Miley feels better and better as each day goes by I bet we see a friendship bud between the two of them. She probably hasn't even been relaxed enough to bond with Juni yet, with always having one ear cocked to listen out for Ti.

Sleep well tonight SAS. You have given it your all and that's all you could do. (((hugs)))

Sallyanne, i started tearing up when i read that you had his cranberry treats all packed up It remined me of packing up Gabe's beer caps I know you helped me a GREAT deal in knowing i was doing the right thing in rehoming Gabe (and it was without a doubt the right thing to do...although, so hard). And i just want you to know that i am behind you 100% in rehoming Ti. It will be very hard for you, and i wish i could be there when you have to hand him over...but it is the right thing to do. Gabe had a peaceful life in Vermont and my home life (though we missed him so much, was better off with him living elsewhere). The irony of it all. Anyway, Ti will be loved i am sure...maybe you can gets updates on him occasionally. I wish i could give you a real life hug...but i guess a cyber hug will have to do...go give Miley and Juni big hugs after all is said and done...they will comfort you, i am sure Pm or email me if you need to...

I am sorry that he has to go, but I feel good in knowing that your house will be peaceful again

((((HUGS))))) Sallyanne!

Robyn

SAS you've been in an impossible situation and have done the only thing you could that would be best for everyone. Retraining could take months with no guarantee of sucess and it would be too much for poor Miley and you. Now, Miley will come home and be able to relax and recover. Juni will transfer all her affection and energy to her. After Ti , Juni will be comic relief for her. Ti will have a new home and he sounds as if being an only cat with lots of attention would be best for him. I know you will miss him but it's all for the best. It's time for happy days at Camp Vermont.

I am so sorry for you, I know your weary heart is breaking. But you are right that sweet little Miley girl, your link to Graemer and Gabe, is the first priority. I am so glad that she will be safe and have little Juni Rose for company.
    The attack on Miely would have been my ball breaker also.

You are in my thoughts and prayers
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I am kind of relieved to hear this. Feeling the stress on you and on Miley the last weeks really gave us a hard time. I would not have been able to pull through as you did. I am also shocked to hear that Ti really really wanted to hurt Miley -this was not rough playing anymore. I would not have believed that agressions between neutered cats of different sex could go that far

My thoughts go out to poor Ti who is not responsible for his behavior. I hope he finds a good home in which he is loved and can show the friendly side of his purrsonality.

And I hope that Miley when she comes home tomorrow will start a new life with Juni -it is wonderful that under these circumstances she even started to bond with her. Give Miley girl and Juni Rose lots of nosekissies and headbumpies from us her. Especially Filou sends hugs and licks virtually Miley's ears

Thank you everyone

I slept nicely last night, knowing that this situation should be ending today.

Ti has been spending his free time looking for Miley - going to all of her favorite hiding spots - looking for her! He must have a love/hate relationship with her. Very strange and VERY non-Camp Vermontish.

I still do not know what time the meeting with Ti's former owner will be, but will call again later today if I haven't heard from her.

I want this SO far behind me....... This has been dragging on way, way too long for it to be comfortable at my house.

I am so glad you came to a decision Sas. Its the best for you as well as Miley and Juni. Please give Ti a hug for me and now I might go tobed and have a cry for you all.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

SAS, I commend you for making an extremely difficult decision. In a perfect world things would have worked out differently, but Lord knows, that isn't what we are dealt. You certainly were committed to being Ti's savior, but unfortunately there was no way for you to work miracles in this situation. Frankly, I don't think the behaviorist would have had any miracles in her bag either.

The solution of rehoming Ti is not what you wanted for him, but compared to what Miley was enduring, I think his transition will be a piece of cake. We all wish the very best for Ti, and given half a change in the right situation, he will thrive.

Now both you and Miley will be able to heal as well. I think that Juni can work wonders in this area. The other task was a bit much to expect from the little scamp.

It has been very painful to read the series of events at Camp Vermont, so I can't even imagine the stress of living through them. For some reason, my non-cat-owning self has fallen madly in love with Miley, and my heart has ached for her. What a treat for her to come home from the clinic to a Ti-free home.

Please keep us aprised of the details of her homecoming and
    the reclaiming of her life so we can experience the joy that I know you will feel seeing her be a happy kitty once again.

Wishing there would be an icon for happy tears...
    Rachel
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

It will be sad to see Miley

When I left Miley on Saturday, they had shaved her left hind quarters and since they found more puncture wounds, I suspect she will have many more shaved spots. It will break my heart to see her, I just know it. The wounds should be 1/2 healed when I pick her up, as they are usually completely healed within 2-5 days after treatment for infection. Of course I will need to keep the wounds clean and continue meds.

I am going to call the breeder as soon as I finish here, to set up the time for Ti to be returned.

Last night I hugged Ti Ti and gave him lots of love and cuddles. He cooked his own goose. I have tears in my eyes right now, just thinking about giving him back. Oh well. He looks healthy and is happy (and still looking for Miley)...... He will be fine after a few days of adjustment.

Thanks for all of your kind words.

Love,
    SAS

Liar, liar....

I just spoke with the breeder - the distrustful one. Well, she cannot do the pickup or meet with me today, but will on Tuesday after work. She is such a liar. So this trade is put off until Tuesday.

Tomorrow I will pick up Miley. The vet called a few moments ago to say that Miley is doing nicely and not in any danger. She is looking good, quite vocal and eating. They are giving her fluids as well as medications IV. So I am still scheduled to pick her up tomorrow morning.

I will keep Ti on the porch until Tuesday. It is a nice porch so he shouldn't feel so sad about it. He's been there before.

I was hoping that Miley would never have to hear his voice again.

So, true to form, the original bengal breeder is still not telling me the truth. She reminds me of a used car sales person. She says what she thinks you would like to hear, not what she intends to do, or what she is truly presenting.

By the way, this breeder's name is Karen Vance and she claims to live in Altona, NY but really lives outside of Montreal. Another misrepresentation. She breeds Abys and Bengals. At least that is what she says she does. I wonder. When all settles, I intend to write a nasty letter to the different associations she belongs to.....

So Tuesday is the day.

SAS

That's really bad news - we hope for the last time. When you think it is over it is much harder to take it for some more days. But come here as often as you can. We are ready to help and wish we could do more for you

Glad to hear Miley is feeling better and adjusts fine at being at the vet's. She's a tough little girl. I would love to have a heart icon-then I would send dozens to both of you

SAS,

I have happy and sad tears flowing. It has been so hard on Miley and Ti has had every chance in the world. I'm thankful that Miley will now be able to begin the healing phase. What a strong, sweet, resilient girl she must be. From Gabe and Grammy Crackers to tyrant Ti... Please give her a big, big, big hug as soon as she is well enough.

You are handling this situation with the breeder far better/nicer than I would. (One of my pet peeves: people never coming through on their word.) I'm afraid, I'd have had some choice words for her when she told me "not today." But that won't remedy the situation.

You said, "Ti cooked his own goose," I fully believe that now it's time for the breeder to cook her's. I would most definitely write to the Association(s)... to ANYONE I could possibly think of... and warn them. In one way, I don't think she knows the extent of the situation... in another, I think she knows it fully well and doesn't want it back into her household. I guess we'll never really know.

SAS, you are an inspiration and delight to us all. What lengths you have gone to and what inner-strength you have... I'm amazed and warmed. You are one of the best catmom's out there.

{{hugs}}

SAS,

I am sorry to read that you are giving Ti back. I know that you worked hard to make a home where everyone could live in peace.

Regarding the breeder ... if she lives in Canada please notify the Better Business Bureau and the local Chamber of Commerce to tell them of your experience. If you were very "ticked" you might consider contact Agriculture Canada which controls the selling of animals...